New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Question about Changing Game Board  (Read 5657 times)

Offline mrjinglesusa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mrjinglesusa New User has no influence.
Question about Changing Game Board
« on: August 19, 2016, 09:02:31 AM »
So, my wife bought me a IGT Gameking 6.2.  It has an 044 board with the "Bonus Poker" game chip (GXXXXXXX36). 

My question is, how easy is it to change out to a different board/chip having different games.  For example, if I want Super Star Poker set (because I love Wolf Run and it has the full Wolf Run game), do I need a completely new board or do I just replace the game chip? 

Can I, for example, just buy this [size=78%]http://www.gamekingslots.com/igt-044-super-poker-flashboard.html[/size] and put it in or are they other chips/boards that would need to be swapped out?

If swapping out to a new game set is more complicated, I guess I have a lot of research and reading up to do!

Thanks in advance.

[/size]IGT 044 SUPER STAR POKER FLASH BOARD SoftwareIGT 044 SUPER STAR POKER FLASH BOARD SoftwareIGT 044 SUPER STAR POKER FLASH BOARD SoftwareIGT 044 SUPER STAR POKER FLASH BOARD Software[/font]

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Question about Changing Game Board
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:12:51 AM »
You have to purchase the board for a different game set.

You will have to program the machine for play after the change and it wouldn't hurt for you to have the key chip. I think for that board it is a 28.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 11:23:01 AM »
So, my wife bought me a IGT Gameking 6.2. .....
First off you married the right girl  :jeannie: :jeannie: :jeannie:

Second, it sounds like you have the 044 CPU and are running a legacy board adapter. Post a picture just to be sure.
If that's the case, then yes, just the new board and a key chip.
Contact that vendor and he can provide you all the info you need. He's a sponsored vendor here and can answer all your concerns.
Sounds like your on the right track with your choice of software and wife.

Offline mrjinglesusa

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 11:39:37 AM »
Pics of my CPU.  So it sounds like I just need the Flashboard to replace the Flashboard installed and I'd be good to go

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 12:36:53 PM »
Your flashboard says GK000249 which is supposed to be Frog Princess.  If the machine boots into something else, then that flashboard was overwritten with another program.  If you boot the game, open the door, press the test switch, and go into the accounting and select software ID (or something similar) it will tell you which GKxxxx software you have.  The Boot 36 eprom is the just the boot chip, it is basically the "OS" and it doesn't have any poker/slot program on it, the same chip is used in other flash boards.  If you get a super stars poker board, you can use that Boot 36 chip if the other flashboard does not come with it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mrjinglesusa

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 01:52:52 PM »
Ha!  Yeah, I was wondering about that.  Everything I read said that was a Frog Princess flashboard.  I looked in Accounting and it's been flashed to GK003448. 

At any rate, I think I know what I need to do.  A vendor PMd me that he has the Super Star Poker flashboard with boot chip so it sounds like that is all I need.  Replace my GK003448 flashboard with the Super Star Poker flashboard and then, using a Keychip, program everything for the new games.

Thanks everyone!

P.S. Will probably have questions about programming once I get the new flashboard.

Offline sirius7

• Reputation Power: 26
  • sirius7 New User barely matters.sirius7 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »
As I'm sure you've already heard from others on here, the 044 Flash Boards are EXTREMELY static sensitive.  Only do the swap while solidly grounded, I suggest wearing a grounding wrist strap -- you can get them at Radio Shack.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 05:20:38 PM »
 :agreepost:    :I_agree_1:   If you don't have a wrist strap at a minimum touch some bare metal on the machine to help discharge any static buildup in your body and try to only handle the board by the edges.   Use anti-static (ESD) bags to store flash cards in as well if possible.

Offline mrjinglesusa

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 04:43:11 PM »
Worked a treat!  Since this is solved I'm going to post exactly what I did in case anyone else new to this needs/wants to change game boards.

My Game King was set-up with an 044 MPU and a 6.2 Flashboard.  I wanted to a) change the 6.2 flashboard to Super Star Poker flashboard and b) get an I-Game video slot (Tabasco).  I bought a Super Star Poker flashboard as well as another 044 MPU with legacy adapter board installed with Tabasco software from a vendor here (Jim at blueridgeslots).

Change the 6.2 Flashboard to Super Star Poker Flashboard

1) Removed the existing 6.2 Flashboard from the existing 044 MPU and installed in its place the Super Star Poker flashboard.

2) Removed base chip from Super Star Poker flashboard and installed a Keychip 28 in its place

3) Inserted the 044 MPU (w/ Keychip 28 installed) into machine, booted up, and used all three options (Erase RAM, Erase EEPROM, Apply Keychip)

4) Powered down, removed 044 MPU from machine, removed Keychip 28, and reinstalled Super Star Poker base chip

5) Inserted the 044 MPU (now w/ Super Star Poker basechip installed) into machine and booted up

6) Here, you'll get all kinds of errors.  LOL  Scared me at first but machine walks you through it, telling you to turn attendant key at certain points

7) Eventually, everything's good and you're in set-up.  Set-up all your options.

8) Hit "Return to Game"

9) Profit  :applause:

Switch to I-Game video slot

The steps below assume you do what I did and get an extra 044 MPU w/ Legacy Adapter Board

1) If not already installed on Legacy Adapter Board, install your I-Game 3902 Software Chips (mine were already installed)

2) Remove existing 044 MPU

3) Now, one thing I read here is to change out the EEPROM on the backplane when you switch games so you can keep your set-up, credits, etc.  That's what I did.  If you do this, remove the existing EEPROM from backplane and keep it with the 044 MPU you removed.

4) Install new EEPROM in backplane

5) Keychip the board and insert Keychipped 044 MPU in machine and carry out normal keychip procedure to set-up the game

6) Profit :applause:

Hope this helps someone new like me who might be trying to change out games on an IGT Game King with 044 board.

Offline sirius7

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 08:04:33 PM »
3) Now, one thing I read here is to change out the EEPROM on the backplane when you switch games so you can keep your set-up, credits, etc.  That's what I did.  If you do this, remove the existing EEPROM from backplane and keep it with the 044 MPU you removed.

The issue I'm still trying to figure out is how to remove the backplane EEPROM without bending the pins!   :banghead:

Offline mrjinglesusa

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 08:20:22 PM »

The issue I'm still trying to figure out is how to remove the backplane EEPROM without bending the pins!   :banghead:

:me_too:

Ha, yes I failed at that part.  :insert bent pin emoji: Fortunately, didn't bend them too badly and was able to get them back in place.  I ordered a chip remover from Amazon I hope will help in getting them out without bending the pins.  If it works well I'll post a link to it - should be here Monday.  Someone mentioned also using a socket in the backplane that makes removing the EEPROM easier.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 08:21:10 PM »
Put it into another 8 pin DIP socket and then plug it into the motherboard.  Makes for real easy removal, you can pull it out using your fingers. 

Offline sirius7

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 10:03:50 PM »
I tried using a removal tool but that didn't help much.  Will definitely try the socket idea.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal