New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Gameking model 96432700 colored pixilated screen help  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Gstrike30

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gstrike30 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Gameking model 96432700 colored pixilated screen help
« on: December 23, 2019, 10:26:02 AM »
Hi there,

I’m requesting help with my IGT Gameking model 96432700 multi game video poker machine. I turned it on one day and it simply has a colored pixilated screen. There is not error message or number. I’m not sure where to start. I appreciate any help!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Gameking model 96432700 colored pixilated screen help
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 10:59:32 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

I would start by reseating your MPU.  Did you move the machine or anything?

Offline Gstrike30

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 01:58:42 PM »
Thank you! So I believe I did that by holding the little gray button on the MPU and turning the machine off and on again. Now, the screen is just gray. No images or colors. Not sure if that is helpful.

Offline Gstrike30

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 02:01:40 PM »
It was not recently moved and has no other changes I can think of

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 02:37:19 PM »
sixcardmark said re-seat your MPU...not reset it. :duh:
Grasp the handle of the MPU tray, pull out the MPU tray that holds the MPU inside of it an inch or so and gently push it back in.
Sometimes the pins get oxidized a little causing flaky behavior.
Re-seating the MPU sometimes rubs off a little of that oxidization off of the pins to get a better connection.

Pushing any button on the MPU does not "reset" a machine - it merely enters a page upon the screen called "Operator Menu".
The momentary button switch to push is usually white.
The rubber optical caps are usually grey and are plugged in onto the optical lines in that same area to dissuade dust from entering.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 03:22:26 PM »
Does your board still have the green varta battery on? If so and if it has leaked that may be your problem. Post pic of your board.

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 03:43:14 PM »
sixcardmark said re-seat your MPU...not reset it. :duh:
Grasp the handle of the MPU tray, pull out the MPU tray that holds the MPU inside of it an inch or so and gently push it back in.
Sometimes the pins get oxidized a little causing flaky behavior.
Re-seating the MPU sometimes rubs off a little of that oxidization off of the pins to get a better connection.

Pushing any button on the MPU does not "reset" a machine - it merely enters a page upon the screen called "Operator Menu".
The momentary button switch to push is usually white.
The rubber optical caps are usually grey and are plugged in onto the optical lines in that same area to dissuade dust from entering.

Make sure the power is turned off first!!

Offline Gstrike30

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 09:01:17 PM »
I re-“seated” the mpu. No luck. Attached pictures of board and screen

Offline wizeone

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 05:54:21 AM »
i can't zoom in close enough to see chip orientation.  make sure the notch on you chips matches the notches on the sockets double check for bent pins while at it.

Offline Gstrike30

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 10:51:14 AM »
So Ive looked at the pins for the mpu and for where the monitor attaches, and they all look good, and I reseated them and the screen is still the same. Blew off dust from most everywhere. I switched out the removable 3V battery. No change to the screen. I have attached 5 photos of the board that may give clues? It was double decker, so I detached the top portion for the picture and blew off more dust as well.
Thanks all

Offline Gstrike30

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2019, 11:19:50 AM »
Additional photos

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2019, 11:29:36 AM »
You can leave the mml sound board off the top of mpu board. (the one covering the cgf chips)  It isn't doing anything with that game set.

Offline wizeone

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2019, 12:20:32 PM »
do you have a keychip for it? (key 40)?  if so, when you put it in and turn on do you see anything?

did this board ever work?

a couple of times i have seen the yellow(orangeish) X1 chip go out.

Offline Gstrike30

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2019, 12:25:43 PM »
This machine worked perfectly prior to this issue

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »
Check your power supply output voltages.

Offline Caliwebman

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Caliwebman New User has no influence.
    • Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2023, 09:18:14 PM »
Hi there,

I’m requesting help with my IGT Gameking model 96432700 multi game video poker machine. I turned it on one day and it simply has a colored pixilated screen. There is not error message or number. I’m not sure where to start. I appreciate any help!

So did this end up getting resolved via a new power supply or? I have a machine that does this as well, I used to be able to use a sequence, i.e. shutdown, pull board, lcd, and dollar bills box, then use a repeatable sequence of order in plugging each back in and wvala! It would work. Over time it eventually became a fully non operational game. Bummed and seeking a solution.

Scott

Offline Cobey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cobey New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Geeks At Large
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2023, 09:51:47 PM »
Having a similar issue with an I-GAME.  What I've determined is that it's not the MPU. I have a second MPU and game setup, which does the same thing in this machine. What I've noticed is that once it gets booted up correctly, it will be a matter of time before the machine freezes or does something else odd like cycle the bill validator.  Also, a little red light on the MPUs will flicker when there is going to be a no boot situation. Without an MPU installed, the machine 'boots' normally. This suggests that the issue is related to what the MPU does with the rest of the hardware when installed. At this point, I suspect it's the power supply getting too warm and browning out. I've ordered a load tested replacement to see if swapping it in makes a difference. It's also possible that the CRT is the issue, pulling a lot of power.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2023, 10:30:02 PM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

A new power supply should have you back up and running.

The machine can't boot without a MPU installed. 

The monitor does not use any power from the power supply.  It operates off of the line voltage and has it's own power supply circuitry.

Offline Cobey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cobey New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Geeks At Large
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2023, 11:46:02 PM »
Thanks, Tilt! I found the monitor connection after your response. Time to start hunting an I-GAME service manual.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal