New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Monitor not coming on  (Read 10026 times)

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Z71OFFROAD New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Monitor not coming on
« on: February 06, 2016, 07:14:50 AM »
Purchased this Game King awhile back and when I turned it on, down at the power supply it sparked and the machine went  dead.
Installed another power supply and when I turned it on my monitor didn't work.I could play the game but nothing on the monitor.
Purchased another board for the monitor and still the same issue.Can play the game but no monitor.
IGT Multi Game-Date 02/98
Model#9040760N
Board Version- 3802
Monitor- Ceronix CRT TouchScreen 1493
The machine has,I think 31 games.When I say I can play the game with no monitor,I mean I can play the default game with the black screen.

The battery on the game board is at 3.6Volts
The board has 6 led bulbs on the left side-2 red-2 green-2 amber-The 2 green leds are on.
Power from the distribution box to the monitor is at 250 volts
Power from the Power Supply to the motherboard-Put Black wire from my voltmeter on motherboard J11- pin#10.black/orange wire.
Red wire from my voltmeter to J11-pin#9.Orange wire I get 25vdc
Red wire from my voltmeter to J11-pin#8.Red wire I get 13vdc
Red wire from my voltmeter to J11-pin#6.Black wire I get 7vdc
That should tell me my Power distribution box and the power supply is working.

As I said before, I can play the game,It takes coins and the bill Validator takes the bills

Is there something on any of the boards I might be over looking?

Don't want to spend $500.00 on a new monitor if the monitor is not the issue

Thanks for any input on this.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Monitor not coming on
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 08:45:58 AM »
what area sparked, and what parts were involved?    never saw 250 volts for a American machine set up, where did this machine come from ?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 08:54:04 AM »
If you have 250 volts at the monitor connector then the fuse is good too and I assume you checked it.  Although it's possible the video section of the MPU board may have a problem, it's not too likely.  Most likely the monitor is bad.  Does the high voltage section come up?  Can you see any raster lines if you turn the brightness up? 

Ceronix will repair your board for a pretty reasonable flat rate fee.  They also make a nice 15" drop in LCD kit for the 13" cabinet.  They're nice, but it will set you back $500 or so. 

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 09:28:53 AM »
Thanks Tilt for getting back with me on this,The fuse is good on the 1493 board.I replaced the board with a new one from L.A.slots and still the same issue.
I tried turning the brightness all the way up and still no picture.Put my arm up to the monitor and no static to my hairs on my arm. looking inside on the back of the tube there is no orange glow either.I think the tube might be bad.Don't want to put any more money into this monitor.the new 1493 board cost me 125.00 dollars.Looks like I need to upgrade to the LCD monitor.
Again thanks for getting back with me on this.I will Put (topic solved) when I get the new monitor and make sure that it resolved my issue.

Z71OFFROAD

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 09:50:25 AM »
Hi Jim, The machine I purchased from a guy in Az.He bought it from the slot Depot in Ft. Mohave Az.
The spark came from the top of the power supply on the right side.
I don't have another machine to check the voltage to the monitor, nor do I have a manual.
At looking to where the power comes into the board looks like 4 diodes 2 on each side of one another inline behind the plug I recall reading somewhere that it was 250volts.Maybe I am wrong on what the voltage is supposed to be to the monitor.

Thanks for getting back on this.All information is welcome and appreciated.

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 03:45:06 PM »
Anyone know what the voltage should be on a game king monitor?- Ceronix 1493
Don't want to make a purchase on one if I don't need to.

Thanks, Z71OFFROAD

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 04:32:55 PM »
Could the power supply even have 250v if it wasn't hooked up to a 240v receptacle? I wonder if there was a bad reading somewhere. Making electricity is kinda hard.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »
The power for the monitor come out of the Distribution box off the large transformer. From the transformer two wires goes to a female plug on top of
the box,male plug has two wires blue and brown that goes up to the 19 pin for the monitor Off the blue wire I get 80volts and off the brown wire I get 240volts.Thats touching the blk lead from the meter to ground and the red lead to each wire. If I put the meter across both blue and brown wire I get 255volts. Hope this make since.

Thanks CowboyGames and Shaggy

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 05:19:02 PM »
I purchased the power distribution box off off ebay, which they said it tested good.Also purchased the power supply off of ebay.I think the power supply is ok but not to sure now on the distribution.Will check around and see if I can find another one.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Z71OFFROAD

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »
What does the receptacle in the wall read with your meter? One side to ground then the other side to ground. Then the 2 top ones together. Your plug doesn't look like this does it?   l o -    That would be a 240v plug.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 07:21:53 PM »
Guys,

The AC input to the monitors on the older 13" and 19" Game kings is 230 - 250 VAC depending on your input line voltage.  There's 1:2 step up transformer in the power distribution box that steps it up if using US line voltage which is typically 110 - 125 VAC.  If wired for 220VAC (overseas) then the transformer is a 1:1 isolation transformer and the voltage to the monitor = the input voltage. 

If you don't have any raster lines with the brightness turned all the way up or feel static from the high voltage section then it is not coming up for some reason. If you have 230 VAC at the 19 pin monitor plug than a bad CRT tube could cause that I suppose, but it would seem more likely that something on the board itself is bad...even though it's supposed to be "new".

Here's a schematic of the power distribution on the older GK's that shows the step up transformer I'm referring to.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 07:26:36 PM »
Tilt, Thank you for the info. At least it makes more sense.

Dave

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 06:30:28 AM »
Tilt, When you say turn up the brightness are you talking about on the top of the monitor with the other adjustments or are saying on the flyback?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 07:06:25 AM »
I was talking about the user controls on the top of the monitor.  I wouldn't mess with the controls on the flyback.

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »
OK, thanks Tilt

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 11:44:03 AM »
I know I'm a day late and a dollar short but wanted to say the issue was with the monitor board. I had purchased a new board but come to find out it was the board all along. The board I had purchased was no good. Just found a GameKing machine and I put that monitor in the one that I had the problem with and it works great. Would like to thank everyone again for your help and input. :thank_you:

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 12:57:05 PM »
I know I'm a day late and a dollar short but wanted to say the issue was with the monitor board. I had purchased a new board but come to find out it was the board all along. The board I had purchased was no good. Just found a GameKing machine and I put that monitor in the one that I had the problem with and it works great. Would like to thank everyone again for your help and input. :thank_you:

If you purchased a used Ceronix Chassis for your Game King, The problem may be with the jumper settings on the bottom of the chassis.. Ceronix uses a series of jumper settings for different models. So a chassis from a IGT will not work in a GK.. The jumper settings can be found in the Manual for the 1492 Chassis..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 01:41:08 PM »
Hey thanks for the info. The Ceronix board that I purchased was a 1493 at 230/240 volts. I didn't know that where were jumpers on the bottom. I take it that they are  soldered jumpers? I will take a look at the 1493 board and see whats up. I will also look at the manual and check it out. I know that I'm am getting the voltage needed to the monitor from the power supply. The board that I purchased says that it is for 230 volts. I would think that if the board was soldered for 110 volts it would have blown the fuse or would have started to spark and smoke.??? But thanks again I will check it out. :yes:

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 02:34:06 PM »
Is you GK running on 230V? Was your old board a 1493 or 1492? If I remember correctly they both used a different monitor. I’ve never worked on the 1493 because I don’t have the correct monitor. I’m not too sure if or how they have the same solder jumpers.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 02:47:52 PM »
Glad you were able to finally get it working!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:23:06 PM by Tilt »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal