New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help with Sizzlin 7 slot machine  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Disney Rob

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Disney Rob New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help with Sizzlin 7 slot machine
« on: November 20, 2021, 02:45:09 PM »
I am new here, so if this is not the right forum. Please excuse me, and point me in the right direction.
At any rate I have a Sizzlin 7 IGT s+ Slot Machine I am trying to get running, and the folks on facebook said you guys might be able to help
Iy was in my basement for a long time, and when I brought it up, it was acting weird.
1. Displays were all over place displaying all sorts of numbers that would change when the buttons were pressed, etc.
  someone said the battery was dead, so I opened it up, and not only was the battery dead, it was so corroded, the connectors  had corroded it so much the battery
   fell off.
So I went and purchased a new battery, and put it in the machine.
I followed the instructions on a video I found on the internet, and I got to the 61 error message, pressed the reset button, and it went to 61 1.
Was told to shut the door, and the machine would initialize.
I did that, and nothing happened.
I turned the machine off, and back on again I get to the 61 error code, then 61 1, and again nothing.
I tried this a few more time, and then all I would get would be the 61 code and nothing else.
Now when I turn it on, I get nothing in the display windows/
The jackpot key will add credits, but they don't seem to do anything.
I did remove the CMOS chip today, and put it back in, but again, nothing happens when I turn the machine on.
Can someone help me out there.
Thank you very much
Oh obviously I am a noob here, so no matter how basic a suggestion is, chances are I did not try it.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Help with Sizzlin 7 slot machine
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 06:22:38 PM »
After you push the test button and get the 61_1  you close the door and then turn the jackpot reset key one time and wait for reels to spin.

Offline Disney Rob

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 07:49:29 AM »
I did do that, and nothing happened. Someone said my coin acceptor is in backwards, and thus it is by passing the optics test. How does one remove the coin acceptor, to put it in it's original postion?

Offline Disney Rob

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 08:44:18 AM »
Okay I figured out why I was getting no display lights, it was a loose fuse. SO I tightened it, and now get the display  lights.
However I am getting a 12 error meaning my battery is low. I just put in a new battery two days ago. Surely  a battery lasts longer than two days.
However I am still getting nowhere with this machine, it will not initialize.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 08:57:53 AM »
Welcome to NLG Rob!

Can you show us some high resolution photos of your MPU? ( The circuit board with all the chips on it).

I want to see battery leakage damage to the circuitry near the battery area.

I also want to see the damage cause to the motherboard ( The circuit board on the floor) from the battery leakage.

This website allows you to post pictures as large as 1000kb total or 1000 pixels ON ONE SIDE...either width or height.

This way we can zoom in and enlarge your photo without losing resolution when trying to examine your board.

The three fuses should be 6amp, 8amp, and 6amp from top to bottom and all quick-blow fuses.

Without checking your new battery with a multi-meter after you purchased it, you can only assume it had a full charge.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 10:06:54 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Disney Rob

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 01:35:42 PM »
Okay, here is the board. There is some definite battery leakage happening. After all this thing sat
in my basement for five years
Could this be my problem ?
If so, can it be repaired, or do I need a new board?
What is happening now is this.
1. Turn the machine on I get the 61 error.
2. Press test button error goes to 61 -1
3. Turn key, credits increase by 1 to 3 credits
4. At three credits, I press the buttons, nothing happens.
5. Pull the lever, the reels move up one notch, and then nothing.

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2021, 03:22:03 PM »
Okay, here is the board. There is some definite battery leakage happening. After all this thing sat
in my basement for five years
Could this be my problem ?
If so, can it be repaired, or do I need a new board?
What is happening now is this.
1. Turn the machine on I get the 61 error.
2. Press test button error goes to 61 -1
New#3. Close the door, now turn the jackpot reset key once.

If the door optics are NOT seeing each other as the door being closed, your jackpot reset key turns are only getting you into the machine's internal accounting system.

You have to get the machine to "see" the door as closed, in order to get this machine running again.

To check and see if the door optics are working, the last reel glass display window on the right should momentarily go out then come back on when the door optics are closed.

The optic on the door is the emitter optic.
The optic on the cabinet is the receiver optic.
Thru a camera displaying video, you should be able to see a faint light emitting from the door emitter optic.
Of course, you won't see anything with a camera when looking at a cabinet receiver optic using this method - it's not emitting any light.
We are only allowed to check if the emitter optic works by this way.

The photo of the board is okay.
Unfortunately, the battery leakage does look rather severe.
Also, one does NOT need THAT much solder to hold a battery onto a circuit board.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:38:03 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Disney Rob

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 05:09:14 PM »
Thank you for update.
I was able to clean the board using white vinegar, and isopropyl alcohol. Not perfect, but a lot better
The reason there is so much solder is I as looking for a battery with leads. I could not find one, so you are seeing not only the solder to hold the battery to the board, but solder to
hold my make shift leads to the battery. I do admit it is a little messy, but at my age, I am not as steady as I was when I was younger.
When you say the last reel of the display should go out, do you mean the light. Because nothing changes when I close the door
Also is his what you mean by optics? It is the only thing that is on both the door and cabinet ?
Again thank you for all the help.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 06:54:53 PM »
Your photo is showing us the cabinet receiver optic.

You cannot really test it easily other than closing the door to see if the last reel glass window that has "Coins Played" written under it, momentarily goes out as the door optics are "seeing" each other.

Sometimes the number displayed in it will change but normally it goes back to the last number of bets.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2021, 08:08:33 PM »
As Stayouttadabunker mentioned show us a pic of the motherboard. Most of the time when these batterys leak it runs down on the motherboard.

Offline Disney Rob

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 07:32:25 AM »
I thank you for all the help, but I think I am in over my head on this thing.
You ask for pictures of the circuit board on the floor of the machine. The only thing I can come close to is a board with lots of
pin plugs in it.
The only thing that looks like a mother board to me is the thing I already sent a picture of. I an find nothing else that remotely looks like a mother board.
As to the the coins displayed window. There is nothing there in the first place. Now when I press the test button, it will light up for a second and then go off.
The only constant light I get is the 61 error. I can not even get it to go to 61-1 like I did.
I honestly think this machine is haunted.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 08:06:04 AM »
The board with the battery is the MPU. The MPU plugs into the Motherboard . That is the board that we need a picture of. Your MPU has a lot of damage from the acid. My thoughts it should be replaced. You may need the MB as well after review of the pics.

Offline Disney Rob

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2021, 12:56:09 PM »
Okay I believe this is what you want to see.
Never even saw this until I went looking for it.
Even I can see the corrosion  is it possible to clean this up.
If I have to replace these parts, are they expensive.
I can buy another slot machine from my neighbor for about $150.00 if I need to replace parts, would
that be cheaper.
Just trying to get a slot machine for my game room, and the slot machine is more secondary to everything else, it is just
that when I ought my pinballs this came with it, and figured it would make a nice addition.
Again thanks for all the help.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2021, 02:50:21 PM »
Make sure the $150 machine doesn't have that much rust creeping up on the back wall from under the Motherboard plastic....lol

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 10:12:50 PM »
Just trying to get a slot machine for my game room, and the slot machine is more secondary to everything else, it is just
that when I ought my pinballs this came with it, and figured it would make a nice addition.

Honestly, it's just my $.02 but seeing all the acid damage and rust you may be better off selling it "as-is" and looking for a new pin to replace it.  They make good piggy banks but the pins get much more attention in my game room.  Pictures of the exterior cabinet would help those here to more accurately advise you.

Offline Disney Rob

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2021, 07:00:05 AM »
So then in your opinions,this thing is a lost cause.
Like I said, it was part of  a deal I got some years ago, and this thing was just thrown in.
I will try to clean it up as best I can, if it still doesn't work, I will buy the other one.
$150.00 for a slot machine is not bad.

Offline Disney Rob

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2021, 10:54:26 AM »
Well I cleaned the board, and scraped a lot of the rust away.
I am getting the 61 error, and then by pressing the test button I get the 61 1 error, and it "bongs"
I close the door, but still not initialization.
Could this board be so bad it will not initialize, or is there another reason like bad optics..
Could the battery be so weak it will not initialize. I did get a weak battery code a few times, but that was sporadic.
I know if I can get this thing to initialize it will work. But 61 1 is as far as I get
I saw a video about a clear chip, do you think that is what I need to clear the old board.
Also if so where do I get one?
The more I work with this thing, the more I think I am going to be buying me friends machine. Still would love to get this one running
Thanks.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2021, 11:00:03 AM »
Are you turning the jackpot reset key one time AFTER you close the door??

Offline Disney Rob

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2021, 04:24:29 PM »
yes,but sometimes  the numbers in the windows change,sometimes nothing happens.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2021, 05:34:12 PM »
Did you determine if your door optics are working like Bunker said??  You won't get anywhere if door optics aren't working.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal