New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bluebird 1 button issue  (Read 1155 times)

Offline cmjb13

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • cmjb13 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bluebird 1 button issue
« on: April 26, 2020, 03:47:34 PM »
Hi,

I believe when the machine is powered on, all the panel buttons should be lit.

Once the game is booted, they all light up

Anyone know why just once is lit during boot?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bluebird 1 button issue
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 04:29:52 PM »
They should not turn on when powered up, only when the game is ready to play.  In your case, you probably have a short on that button keeping the light on when powered up.  If you do the diagnostic testing for the lights, does it power off?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cmjb13

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 05:16:22 PM »
Running the auto cycle diagnostics,

Cash out and repeat bet do not light
10 lines says on all the time

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 06:34:53 PM »
You probably have a short(s) in your harness somewhere.  It won't affect gameplay, other than the buttons won't light up right (the ones affected).  Cash out and repeat bet could just be blown bulbs though.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cmjb13

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 06:36:28 PM »
You probably have a short(s) in your harness somewhere.  It won't affect gameplay, other than the buttons won't light up right (the ones affected).  Cash out and repeat bet could just be blown bulbs though.
What would be the best way to diagnose the short?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 06:44:57 PM »
trace the wire coming out of the button all the way to the backplane and look to see if any of two wires that are used for the light are compromised.  If they are not, then you have a bad component on the backplane that is making that happen. Then your solution for that would be to replace the backplane for a good known one.  Although since that light is always on during gameplay, does it really matter?  I have a machine that has the issue with the service light, it never goes out, I just pulled the bulb on it.  I'm not going to replace a backplane for that since I never use that anyway, other than to put credits on the machine with a TITO board, but then I don't really care if the buttons lights up or not (in fact I would rather have it off).

Offline cmjb13

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 07:27:00 PM »
I replaced a working bulb into the repeat bet button

Didn’t light, but when I wiggle it, it lights but stays lit

One of the other bulbs was broken in half. What’s the easiest way to remove what’s left?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:12:02 PM by cmjb13 »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 08:17:59 PM »
Needle nose pliers is what I use.  I just make sure I get a hold of the wire where the filament was attached, it loops through the bottom of the bulb, so it is usually strong enough to pull the bulb out of the socket.  Otherwise you are going to have to dig it out with some precision screwdrivers or something similar.

Offline cmjb13

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 05:52:53 PM »
I ordered a button kit from Spin.

Replaced everything and the two buttons (circled in yellow) are dimmer than the rest of the buttons.

I traced the wires back to the backplane and don’t see anything out of the ordinary.

Ran through diagnostics and the service button doesn’t light at all. The cash out light button lights very very faintly. Rebel light stays on constantly
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 06:13:59 PM by cmjb13 »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 06:46:21 PM »
At this point, my quess is that you have a backplane issue.

Offline cmjb13

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 07:13:30 PM »
At this point, my quess is that you have a backplane issue.
Playing around with this a bit more...

I swapped some bulbs and wires around and now I have the change light working, though it’s dim and stays on all the time.

The cash out button is also lit normally.

The number 2 button is still dimly lit. I put a different LED than the rest and got a spark when connecting the bottom wires.

So now everything is lit with 3 buttons dim.

I guess I should be happy with some light rather than none at all.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 07:18:48 PM »
Quit while you are ahead.  It is only a cosmetic issue.  Us with OLED panels live with various brightness on the buttons all the time.

Offline cmjb13

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2020, 07:29:23 PM »
Quit while you are ahead.  It is only a cosmetic issue.  Us with OLED panels live with various brightness on the buttons all the time.
Agreed. Thank you for all you help with the questions I’ve had

Offline slcjeeper

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2020, 07:38:07 PM »
You might try a non-ghosting LED. Simply its an LED with a resistor built in to dissipate residual energy being sent from the board.
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal