New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: NXT3.2 in my BB1 cab...no video...  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
NXT3.2 in my BB1 cab...no video...
« on: March 07, 2018, 06:16:13 PM »
So guys, I just got all of my gear together and attempted to fire it up.  Sadly, it’s not working yet and I need some help.

I’m using both of my Kristel 22” monitors that I was using with my BB2 setup.  Both are connected with DVI cables. 

I have an Emotive controller running, and it appears to be getting proper power and is plugged into the MPU with a USB cable.

I have a new/additional BB1 power supply set up to power the right side of the MPU.   I also have a wiring harness that connects the additional power supply to the right side of the MPU. 

Everything seems to be spinning, but I don’t have any video.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:18:08 PM by Yoeddy1 »

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Melissarmdlm New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: NXT3.2 in my BB1 cab...no video...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 08:00:43 PM »
Is that a known good logic?
If not then try a known good video card in it, many a NXT 3.2 are simply black screen on video card failures.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 10:14:59 PM »
Is there a Bios installed.? that and a Juris. are needed in a CPU but often not included. If there then I agree with post above, if known to work for sure then make sure it is seated well (since first time installing) and then make sure all voltages are present on CPU, what are the LED's doing.?

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 10:46:20 PM »
JUR and bios present and have been reseated.  I also swapped the power supplies.  Same results.  LEDs are present on the backplane.  CPU fans are spinning.  Green LEDs and one orange under the CPU.  4 green LEDs upper left portion of CPU.  OLED TITO and Emotive USB communication seems to be working.

Is there a specific version of video card required for Wonka?

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »
Got another video card coming.  Will report results.

Could a JUR or BIOS cause “no video”?

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 11:31:54 AM »
bios yes, sjur no.  SJUR will just give you error and the system will halt.  Bad bios, you would get no screen.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 03:28:07 PM »
So, another video card did not resolve it unfortunately.  Going to try another BIOS.  I also threw my NXT2 MPU back in and tested overall functionally with the original power supply as well as the new power supply that I’m using for the NXT3.2 MPU.  Both power supplies checked out fine and the screens and NXT2 games fire up and play fine.

The little 2 pin molex connector that hangs off of a BB1 power supply doesn’t need to connect to anything on the NXT3.2 MPU right? 

I and others are stumped on this one.  Aside from another BIOS and another MPU, is there anything else it could be?  Dying to play new games!  :)

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 09:13:28 AM »
Is there HDD in this MPU?  I’m grasping at straws guys.  :(

Any other tips or troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Jason

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 10:39:11 AM »
I mentioned the memory in an adjacent thread, memory can keep a logic from even starting a POST. Reseat then known good etc, with luck you have some compatible memory sticks laying about.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 10:49:01 AM »
I mentioned the memory in an adjacent thread, memory can keep a logic from even starting a POST. Reseat then known good etc, with luck you have some compatible memory sticks laying about.

Thanks Melissa.  Where does the memory sit in an NXT 3.2?  I see the memory in my NXT2.

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »
You need to remove the big fan assembly from the adastra board.  The Memory modules are under it.  Also to answer an earlier question, the 2 conductor wire on the bb1 power supply does not connect to anything.  And yes, there's a SSD.  It is a mini SSD SATA that is plugged in vertically into S-ATA plugs under the medal shielding for the CF cards.  You should be able to see it.  One side is empty, the other side has the SSD, it is a 64GB SSD if I'm not mistaken.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 01:10:33 PM »
I should mention a machine here at work: wouldn’t come up. A screw had fallen behind a logic board and welded itself in place.  Amazingly, after removal (from behind the logic board) nothing was fried. Not a NXT 3.2.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 04:33:08 PM »
We’ve been trying everything...and I mean EVERYTHING.  Even metered the voltage coming out of the new BB1 power supply...looks good!  Memory sticks reseated...SSD in place...and again, even tried another video card.  Per Rick’s suggestion, even had the MPU standalone outside of the machine connected to a PC LCD and the power supply, to eliminate the possibility of a cabinet short.  No image on that monitor either.  Gonna try a new BIOS on Wednesday.  Outside of that, I cannot for the life of me figure out what else it could be...aside from trying another 3.2 MPU. 

Dying to play Wonka!  :)

Jason

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 08:21:04 AM »
Jason,

When you power up the main power on the cabinet does the monitor display anything like DVI or similar in the right upper corner?? Just for a couple of seconds....

SM

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 08:56:04 AM »
Hey Steve,

No.  The only thing that comes on is “No Signal” and then nothing after that.  The Emotive controller, TITO, and OLED seem to have action from the USB section of the MPU.  Fans all spin up, and there are green LEDs on the MPU.  I was trying to think of something maybe with a DVI setting in the monitors, but I was thinking they’d auto detect like they did with the NXT2.  Only difference I can think of is that the top monitor uses VGA with NXT2 and DVI with NXT3.2.

Jason
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:11:47 AM by Yoeddy1 »

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 09:10:13 AM »
Put a clear card in it and the top screen should display the scripts as they run....

Not seeing anything there either??? if not..............

Maybe something on the NXT board that's not getting the video data to the DVI ports???

SM

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 09:45:34 AM »
Yeah, card in or out, nothing displays.

Jason

Offline Melissarmdlm

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 10:07:11 AM »
Back to power supplies, in my BB1 to NXT 3.2 conversion I used an EVGA brand off the shelf 400w power supply. That is just what I would put in a non performance desktop Core i5 build, which I feel closely resembles a nxt 3.2. I created my own plug to the NXT 3, and tapped the ac input side of the BB1 standard power supply. So they switch on together with the common machine power switch. In a modified ATX power supply like the EVGA I shorted a wire to keep it on all the time it is powered. It is a variety that will run with no minimum load.

Because my setup worked and is reliable on the first try I haven’t delved into other options and I didn’t really want to mod a WMS power supply to work.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 10:20:24 AM »
So is the BB1 power supply nothing different from a desktop computer power supply?  If I run down to Best Buy and find a 400w power supply, that shouldn’t hurt anything right? I didn’t realize that used an i5 processor so maybe the power requirements are higher.  What is the exact model of your 400w PS?  Would a higher wattage PS kill my NXT2 MPU?

Jason

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 10:32:06 AM »
Doubtful this is PS issue. Prolly a bad 3.2 board.

I would return it to seller for exchange/refund!!!

SM

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal