New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: williams model sp slot machine  (Read 748 times)

Offline bobber

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bobber New User has no influence.
  • NLG
williams model sp slot machine
« on: August 03, 2021, 04:15:39 PM »
so i am new and know absolutely nothing about slot machines,just recently bought this williams goldfish slot machine at an auction,got it powered up and it kept saying nv ram battery 1 low,them machine got all the way to call attendant screen and i assumed i needed to reset jackpot switch? but did not have key so i unplugged machine and removed switch to possibly bypass and plugged back in then it got to screen that says at the bottom nvram.o: input/output error hint: insod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,including invalidlid io or irq parameters.i did see two cr2032 batteries on very back panel and one did not test good so i replaced both but still same message. sorry for not knowing what i am doing but any help would be appreciated as there is nobody around me close to work on it. thanks!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: williams model sp slot machine
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 07:33:42 PM »
When you replace batteries on the MPU you need to run a clear on the machine.  You will need a clear CF card for your specific machine.  Post a photo of your MPU so we can tell you the right clear.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline bobber

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 01:58:52 PM »
thanks but unfortunately i cannot not get my picture down to size for the posts,it does say on side of machine it is an sp model,2005,its a goldfish game if that matters and there are two flat cards in the board where i replaced the batteries,one says goldfish on it,the other one does not,just has some numbers i think and has 128mb on it if that will help at all.sorry i cannot provide better info

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 04:14:52 PM »
To get the pictures the right size for the forum posts -

You can resize your picture with most smartphones or about any photo editor. Microsoft Paint is included in Windows.

You can email them to yourself on a smart phone and it will usually ask if you want to resize it first. Most pictures I take on my phone (yours is probably different so play a bit to see how it works) are 3GB to 4GB, pictures need to be reduced to 1GB (1000KB). If you have something that offers a percentage do 60% or 50% and check the details or properties of the picture file and it will tell you the size. Remember it must be under 1000KB - so 1,000,001 will be too big. Try not to get it too small (under 500KB), it will get to blurry when enlarged for others to see any detail.

It takes a bit of work to figure out how to post a picture under 1000KB on the site, but it is really helpful for getting information to members that are trying to help.

I email the pictures from my smartphone after I take a picture. I then download it from my email account on my computer. I 'edit' it with Windows Paint by using the resize function in the menu at the top left of the application. I try a couple times to see if the size is as close to 1000KB as possible, but not over. 60% to 40% usually works.

I know it is a pain in the arse, but it is required for the website to function, and actually for members to help answer questions to get machines running. Once you get it down, it will be a bit easier. You can still gripe about it to yourself like I do every time, hasn't made it any better and I guess I feel a little bit better after I get a picture up on the site.

You can post up to 5000KB on each post. That should be 5 pictures max per post if you keep them close to the max 1000KB. You can do more but the resolution will probably not work well to see detail. I highly recommend 900KB to 990KB for each picture.

Hope this helps,

Tony

PS Mod: If you think this is worth a FAQ somewhere, have it, maybe others can add to it later. I do not like offsite hosting - things vanish over time.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline bobber

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 07:43:59 AM »
let me see if this will work,thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal