New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Touch screen device error BB1 Help!  (Read 949 times)

Offline txskibo

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • txskibo New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Touch screen device error BB1 Help!
« on: August 31, 2021, 03:51:57 PM »
After clearing and installing game on BB 1, when trying to setup game, touch screen does not work and message on screen says touch screen device error. Using the service key gets me to touch screen calibration, but the screen is missing the touch spots. Powered down to check the harness, it does have continuity on all wires. Checked the touch screen board on the back of the Wells-Gardner monitor and one green light is on. Unplugged and replugged wires back in, ram cleared and reinstalled game and no change.
Other info: 1160 bios, 1800 clear, os1221 w/Zeus game.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Touch screen device error BB1 Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 06:01:37 PM »
Source another controller (they can be found on e-bay for about $30).  If that doesn't fix it, then it is probably a backplane issue.  I'm assuming the machine was working before you did a game change?  Also check the power lights on the backplane (top right corner).  Each light corresponds to a voltage rail, make sure they are all green.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline txskibo

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 07:26:12 PM »
Thanks for replying!  :hail: All the lights are on. I'll order the controller and see what happens. I bought this with a bad power supply, so I've never seen a game played on it. I will update when controller comes in.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 07:48:07 PM »
Oh, so if you have never had it working, then I would go with backplane, it is most likely the serial port.  It can be the blue one or the green one, it doesn't really matter.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline txskibo

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 08:20:07 PM »
I'll pickup the backplane also then. I'll post back when it comes in. Thanks again.

Offline txskibo

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 06:53:03 AM »
Replaced the 3m controller, no change. Replaced the backplane with no change. I was going to replace the touch screen itself, but I noticed the green light on the touch screen controller gets brighter when I touch the screen, so the touch screen is working. The backplane came from Ebay, so I do not know 100% that it is fully working. Any way to test the backplane? Thanks for your help.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 01:53:02 PM »
At this point, I would probably think you have a touchscreen panel issue.  Your easiest route is to source a known working monitor and replace the entire assembly.  BB1 monitors should be relatively easy to source and shouldn't be all that expensive, in fact you will probably pay more to buy a new touchscreen panel than to buy a whole used working monitor.

Offline txskibo

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 05:58:55 PM »
Ended up being the main cpu board. Swapped with a known working cpu and now touch screen works like new. Thanks yall! :thank_you:

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 10:21:29 AM »
Great News.

So now just for fun try putting the original CPU back in and make sure it seats properly on the backplane.  But before that check the pins to make sure there are no bent or broken ones.   It may be that the old CPU wasn't seated properly.

If it works, that would give you a working spare................

Best.

Steve

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal