New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New BB2 build project, suggestions/advice is humbly requested  (Read 20366 times)

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: New BB2 build project, suggestions/advice is humbly requested
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2016, 10:10:24 AM »
I just do it that way (although very rarely any more) as good "clinical" practice. 
The 1850 clear is so fast anyway, so I just do it.............lol

SM

Offline Rane420

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Rane420 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2016, 12:04:44 PM »
Thanks Steve, I think that is the post I was remembering.  It sounds like even in the worst case if the jurisdiction chip causes a problem, when I put in the NXT-2 and problems occur, I should be able to pop the NXT-1 back in.  Most likely, the NXT-1 will be in before the NXT-2 for additional testing anyways, but thank you for finding the original post!  Hopefully, like IDesign has seen, it will work either way, but at least it has solution path if the bugs creep in.
Corey

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »
Hi all, I haven't yet purchased my nxt2 but did run across a 3.2 that isn't much more than I'd pay for the nxt2.  If I were to make the jump to 3.2 is that much of a conversion since I have the bb2 cabinet?  Also, would I still be able to play Gold fish 2 an the Alice games on it?  If I can and there aren't a ton of additional parts I'm thinking that might be worth considering.  I don't know a thing about the 3.2 stuff though so any thoughts are appreciated.
Corey

Online coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2016, 12:01:46 PM »
You also need a Lighting Controller Unit to run BB3 (NXT3) games. and they can only run BB3 games. So no, it will not play Alice or Goldfish 2. I would get a NXT 2 any day before a NXT 3. NXT 3 is all dongle based as well, which means spending more money on the games.

The only reason I want a NXT 3 is to run Super Team and Wonka.
-------
Charles

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2016, 12:14:01 PM »
Not all BB3 games require the Emotive Lighting Unit, but you are limited to only BB3 games.  The BB3 CPU is not downward compatible with BB2 games.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2016, 12:21:34 PM »
Thanks all!  That's exactly what o needed to know.  Nxt 2 is still the CPU of choice
Corey

Online coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2016, 12:31:33 PM »
Not all BB3 games require the Emotive Lighting Unit, but you are limited to only BB3 games.  The BB3 CPU is not downward compatible with BB2 games.

Thats great to hear since all I heard in the past is that YOU MUST have it.
-------
Charles

Offline T

• Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2016, 11:23:28 AM »
Can you clarify your statement about Wonka? You are saying Willy Wonka I assume? I thought Wonka was a WAP game and most folks will not have the equipment or set-up to be able to run that game. Is this right or wrong?

The only reason I want a NXT 3 is to run Super Team and Wonka.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2016, 03:50:40 PM »
There are WAP and Stand Alone versions of both the Video and 3 reel Transmissive of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  Both SA versions will play on a BB2 with a NXT3 CPU in it.

Offline T

• Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2016, 04:29:14 PM »
If no BB3 in place to test does the label state if Standalone or WAP

There are WAP and Stand Alone versions of both the Video and 3 reel Transmissive of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  Both SA versions will play on a BB2 with a NXT3 CPU in it.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2016, 04:34:28 PM »
No, the cards look just like any other WMS card.  You just have to know the part number.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2016, 09:26:59 AM »
Hello all,

I just got a NXT2 from a well respected vendor from this site.  I was able to run a clear successfully.  I then made it through most of the configuration for the first time of Little Red. I made it to the config screen for the printer when both my screens blacked out and said they were no longer receiving a signal and the CPU sounded like it stopped working. 

I turned it off, and turned it back on briefly and it looked like the CPU was starting up again.  I am now scared to let it continue booting up.  Does anybody have any thoughts?

I did notice an error message saying that the battery 2 was low, but I wouldn't have expected a low battery to cause this type of failure.
Corey

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2016, 09:53:14 AM »
Doesn't this well respected vendor provide support?   Sounds like you got hosed.  Call them up.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2016, 10:28:03 AM »
They do, I've reached out and expect I will be contacted.  If there is a problem more substantial than a battery swap I am hopeful they will make things right.  It just happened and wanted to post in case someone could offer insight as to whether something like this pretty much means a bad CPU or if possibly there was a stupid user issue that could be pointed out and I could move forward.

Luckily my garage door opener uses the same battery and tested good  so I'm going to try and load it up again.

Corey

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »
Make sure that the CPU is locked down tight using the lever to pull it down.  Let us know how you make out with this.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2016, 12:00:55 PM »
Hopefully it was simply a stupid user error.  I forgot to cinch the cpu down with the lever.  I swapped the battery, reran the clear and successfully configured and played Little Red!  The only thing I still question is the topbox looks like it is expecting a different resolution and shows only a part of the image.  I forgot about the auto adjust so that may take care of it.  Will update once I test.
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2016, 12:20:50 PM »
Sometimes, the VGA cable is loose.  I've had that happen to me as well.  Just plug/unplug the vga plug from the mpu.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2016, 07:12:28 AM »
So, did you ever get the top box monitor to display correctly?

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2016, 01:54:54 PM »
I was finally able to get back to it.  I ended up reseating the MPU, and replugging all the cables and it was a success!  Now on to see if I can get Goldfish 2 up and running.  Thanks all!
Corey

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2016, 05:02:46 PM »
Well, Goldfish 2 installed without a hitch! I still have some minor tweaks left, but all in all I think it now qualifies functional BB2!  It's been a long trek and thanks to all who have helped along the way.  Enough typing, I think I'll go play my machine :-)
Corey

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal