New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Want to change denomination on my S2000?!  (Read 4220 times)

Offline kolby2004

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • kolby2004 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Want to change denomination on my S2000?!
« on: March 14, 2017, 06:01:36 PM »
After doing some looking on here I see in order for me to change my current denomination on my S2000, from .05 to .25, I am going to need a Key Chip and maybe a Clear Chip?  I have attached a pic of the chips currently installed in my board.  I apologize for not really knowing what each of these chips do.  Any info would be awesome. 

If the Clear and Key Chips is what I need, are they  the "Clear 97 chip" and the "Key 31 chip" ???  If so, does any one have any they want to sell me?  Or shall I order from centralvalleyslots.com? Looks like the set of the 2 chips are $25. 

I am considering changing the game with a game kit in the near future. But for now just looking at changing the denomination.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:20:05 PM by kolby2004 »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Want to change denomination on my S2000?!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »
Do your menu settings list both an accounting denom and a player denom in keychip menu 7? If so, no clear is needed, just keychip and change the player denom. If you only have accounting denom then you will have to clear it

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 07:18:21 PM »
But get a 45 key and 224 clear, they are good for everything

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 07:31:58 PM »
Do your menu settings list both an accounting denom and a player denom in keychip menu 7? If so, no clear is needed, just keychip and change the player denom. If you only have accounting denom then you will have to clear it

Yes I have a player denom in my keychip menu 7.  Thats good news that I wont have to clear to up my denom! :)

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 07:33:11 PM »
But get a 45 key and 224 clear, they are good for everything

OK, I will get these, RB just contacted me via PM.  I will buy from him. Thanks

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 08:00:35 PM »
How is changing my denomination on my machine from nickels to quarters going to affect my Progressive?  When my s2000 powers up, it says "Waiting for Netplex" so I am going to assume that is the type of progressive I have.... But my question is, do I need to do anything special b/c I have this progressive to change the machine denomination or is that completely separate?

My machine is a 9 line nickel machine and the progressive was set higher than what i would guess would be normal, at $1000.  However it takes 22 pulls for the progressive to go up 1 penny.  So it is not going as fast as I had hoped when I purchased the machine. 

Will changing the machine denom, affect this?  I can create a new topic if it is necessary.  I was just curious as I am thinking about this process. Thanks in advance.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »
Progressives take a percentage of each bet, I wouldn't think changing the denom will affect it, but I've been wrong before. Change it and see what happens. If it needs reset, post a new topic

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 02:12:12 AM »
I am going to guess that your machine is "coin-less". If it has a hopper and you use nickel's, you will need to change some hopper parts and the coin in head.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 06:03:45 AM »
I am going to guess that your machine is "coin-less". If it has a hopper and you use nickel's, you will need to change some hopper parts and the coin in head.

You guessed right, my machine is coin-less.  So should be a simple process in upping the denom, so it seems.

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 10:08:40 AM »
So I got my Key 45 and I am trying to change my denom from nickels to quarters.  I followed the instructions for the key chip procedures, here:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=323.msg915#msg915

But When I get to step 13  - Do I have to hit the white button on my main board to get into the menu and then go to 7.1.1.2?  If so, when I get there it says my denom is .05 but I cannot hit any buttons to change it....  :Scratch-Head:   And yes I do have a 7.1.1.3 Player Denom set to .05 and 2,3,4 are all set to disabled.  Am I missing something here?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:47:16 AM by qbert »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 10:23:49 AM »
When you key it if you just want single denomination changed from .05 to .25 go to 7.1.1.3 to the .05 line and use the cash out button to toggle to .25 then hit the max credit button to save and you should be all set.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 10:30:07 AM »
Remember that the key procedure will not work if there are credits on the machine. Must say $0.00 before you try to key.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 10:31:37 AM »
When you key it if you just want single denomination changed from .05 to .25 go to 7.1.1.3 to the .05 line and use the cash out button to toggle to .25 then hit the max credit button to save and you should be all set.
I will see if it lets me.  Are the following the correct steps tho:

1 Turn Power Off 2 Remove MPU3 Remove Base Chip4 Install Key Chip5 Install MPU6 Turn power on7 wait for 2 amber LED's8 Turn power off9 Remove MPU10 Remove key chip11 Install base chip12 Install MPU 13 Turn power on and leave the door open or you get to start over at step 1
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:43:25 AM by qbert »

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 10:34:12 AM »
Remember that the key procedure will not work if there are credits on the machine. Must say $0.00 before you try to key.

I did Not know this,  I will cash out the credits on the machine and then key it and see what happens

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 10:45:46 AM »
So I have successfully changed the denomination to quarters from nickels.  However, I lost my progressive.  It is just blank.  Can someone help me with that or shall I create a new topic?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 10:58:30 AM »
You will have to key it again and go into 7.3 progressive.
I'm not at home right now to be able to give you exact setting change but basically you must set the progressive to identify the .25 setting. Poke around under the progressive topics for S2000 and you should be able to find it there.

Offline kolby2004

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 11:48:17 AM »
You will have to key it again and go into 7.3 progressive.
I'm not at home right now to be able to give you exact setting change but basically you must set the progressive to identify the .25 setting. Poke around under the progressive topics for S2000 and you should be able to find it there.

Thanks So much Qbert! I got it figured out, my progressive is working again and my denom is now quarters!  Thanks everyone for the help.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 12:13:41 PM »
Glad you got it changed and progressive working.

Rich

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal