New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Triple Red White & Blue Issues  (Read 1169 times)

Offline monsterbuck79

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • monsterbuck79 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 Triple Red White & Blue Issues
« on: April 17, 2018, 02:52:25 PM »
Alright guys and gals, I'm new here after spending the last couple of days researching the issues that I'm having with one of the two machines (Double Diamond and Triple RWB) that I purchased a couple of days ago.  I'm kind of new to owning these types of machines, but I feel like I'm somewhat capable of troubleshooting some stuff, with a little guidance, of course.   I'm now to the guidance part....

So in the vast amount of information on that I've found on here, I've been trying to troubleshoot a "bill validator stacker open" and "Door Open MB" error on my Triple RWB machine.  This error was here when I bought the machine, but I got a good enough deal on both of them, I figured that I could spend a little if necessary to get this one working again.   So in my research it seems pretty common that there are issues with the switches on the cash can door and I found that this one has the wires cut and are wired together to defeat the switch.  So I'm good there.   The other fix that I'm seeing in these forums is the door optics for the main door sometimes fail or are misaligned.   I know that the optics are good because I swapped it out with the double diamond and they both work in that machine.   There is also a lot of talk about the belly door having a switch that will cause issues.  I can't find this switch on either machine and when I open the belly door on the double diamond, it keeps playing fine.  So it was either removed and tied together somewhere, or it never existed????   The last thing that I can find that is common is that the board is bad.  (I hope this isn't the case)

So digging a little deeper, I went into the I/O test and ran a test on the main door optics.  Using the double diamond machine, I was able to determine what is normal and then see issues with the RWB.   According to what I read, this should be toggling between 0 and 1 when the door is closed and the optics are seeing each other and should just be 0 when the door is open.  It toggles fine on the double diamond but the RWB only stays on 0.  I can use the light on my phone to make the double diamond toggle but the light doesn't do anything to the RWB..... always stuck on 0.

The bill validator also is supposed to toggle between 0 and 1 when good.  I'm getting only the 0 on the RWB.   

I was also reading that the green battery cluster on the board will sometimes leak and give the issues that I'm seeing.  I pulled the board and the green battery has been removed.  Looking closely at it, it appears that there was some leakage at one time.  The guy I bought it from said that he paid some guy $50 back a few years ago to work on a similar issue and said that it had been working up until a few months ago.  So I'm thinking that the board was still operational after the battery was removed but I'm not 100% sure.

The last thing that I tried is to check the watch battery that is on the board.  I pulled it out and it was reading 2.12 volts.   So according to what I have read, I should be seeing at least 2.7 volts or it needs to be replaced.   Pulling this battery out and putting it back in until I get a new one, looks like it might have been a mistake....

I put the board back in and turned the machine on, only to find a RAM ERROR message.   So after further research, I found that I needed to toggle the reset key 4 times to get to the part where you push the white test switch on the board in for 2-3 seconds.   I did this and then it asks for me to "please close the main door".   I close the door, and I get nothing.   Put the phone light to the optics and still nothing.   So I obviously have an issue with the optics sending the signal back to the board or wherever it goes.   Now I'm stuck with a RAM ERROR or "please close the main door" until I can get a little further in my troubleshooting.

What do I try next?   Do I need a new board?   To further test, can I pull the board out of my working double diamond and put it in the non working RWB to see if it will work?   I don't know if this will damage that board or not.  I don't want to have two machines that are down.

Thanks for any suggestions.  I'll be waiting patiently for some guidance.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Triple Red White & Blue Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 03:22:37 PM »

It's likely that the previous acid damage has taken it's toll & the MPU will probably need replaced. Yes you can swap the boards to see if the other board works in the machine. You will get a ram error & have to go thru the procedure to clear that. That will pretty much confirm whether that MPU is bad. I'm betting yes. Good luck. Let us know your result.

:NLG_WELCOME:
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 03:24:06 PM »
I would try and locate the belly door switch on the RWB, its mounted on a bracket on the left side, top corner of the belly door opening. if it missing, you should see a jumper plug  or  two green wires connected together.

as for the battery being removed,  you can continue to trouble shoot without the battery, after you go through the second cycle of prompts it will say "main battery low",  so you should be able to get past the close main door prompt without a battery on the board.

its not going to hurt plugging in the double diamond board in the rwb machine, this will eliminate the board being bad.

I have many replacement boards available if you need one.

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline monsterbuck79

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • monsterbuck79 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 05:11:03 PM »

Thanks for the help guys!   It appears that I have a bad board.  We swapped the boards and now have the RWB working and the DD is now down. 

Just for good measure I opened the belly door on the RWB after it was working and it continues to run like it was never opened.  We can't find the green wires or a switch, but it is obviously hooked together somewhere. 

What do you have to have for a board Jim?   The number that I need to replace is 75510501 Rev A.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 06:51:18 AM »
sent you a pm.     Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal