New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Varta Battery Removal Complications  (Read 3320 times)

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Bryan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Varta Battery Removal Complications
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:23:11 AM »
Hey All:  I’ve got an error that I have research for and still don’t understand.
S2000 Enhanced 7551270

History:  My S2000 Enhanced displayed the following on boot up  “Display’s NetPlex Link is Down  (Flashing)”.   After reading post on here I replaced the Varta battery and it solved the problem.  The machine worked flawlessly.
Recent history:  After more reading , I decided to remove the Varta battery and regulator (U16).. And I did remove both.

Now:    On boot up I get the  “Display’s NetPlex Link is Down  (Flashing)” and it continues indefinitely.
I’ve open and closed all the doors and reseated the cash can multiple times and found this quirk.
After a stalled boot,  If I open the belly door, I get the following: “Display’s NetPlex Link is Down”  (Solid for few seconds) and then finishes the boot cycle and is ready to play, even  with the belly door still open.  If I close the belly door, it’s still ready to play.
If I power up the machine with the belly door open I get Display’s NetPlex Link is Down  (solid for about 2 second),I then it will finish the boot cycle and will play ( with the belly door still open). Pics below
Thoughts?
Thanks for help!
Bryan

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Varta Battery Removal Complications
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »
So if you close all the doors it just says netplex is down now?
Have you reseated all of the chips and the MPU itself?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 12:17:27 PM »
Maybe a connection came loose when you were removing the board or the door optics got a little smeared?

Once,  I opened the door to my machine to check the reels and when I closed it I got “Door Open M”. I realized that I pulled the door optic connections loose
Slot Machines and more slot machines! Instagram: @itsaslotmachine

My latest adventure:
https://m.facebook.com/AnAtypicalGirl/

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 12:53:58 PM »
So if you close all the doors it just says netplex is down now?
Have you reseated all of the chips and the MPU itself?

Thanks for the help! And I know this is hard to explain, so I‘ll try my best
I have re-seated all chips and the MPU.

Powered off,  If all doors are close and I power up,  I get the “Display’s NetPlex Link is Down  (Flashing)”  No boot
During this no boot, if I open the belly door,  “Display’s NetPlex Link is Down”  goes solid for few seconds and then the boot up will finish and is ready to play, even  with the belly door still open.  If I close the belly door, it’s still ready to play.

Powered off, if cabinet door is closed and belly door is open, I can power it up and get, “Display’s NetPlex Link is Down  (solid for about 2 second),and then it will finish the boot cycle and will play ( with the belly door still open or closed)

Just a note!  The belly door switch, and door optics are still connected.
Thanks for your input!
Bryan

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 06:40:55 PM »
Check your main door. The screws in the hinges get loose. My thoughts are opening the belly door is pulling on the door causing the optics to align. Now as far as the belly switch NOT causing an open door error, I am stumped, unless someone bypassed it closer to the mpu
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 06:55:25 PM »
Check your main door. The screws in the hinges get loose. My thoughts are opening the belly door is pulling on the door causing the optics to align. Now as far as the belly switch NOT causing an open door error, I am stumped, unless someone bypassed it closer to the mpu

Yea,  I'm stumped also.  It was all fine until I removed the Varta battery and regulator. So I'm guessing I messed up the board with to much heat.  I' m going to buy another board and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for all the great help on this sight..

Bryan

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 07:08:41 PM »
What is the voltage on the coin battery?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 07:24:56 PM by qbert »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 07:32:11 PM »
You might check to see that there are no solder bridges where you removed the legs of that U16 transistor

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 08:21:19 PM »
What is the voltage on the coin battery?

Coin battery voltage is 3.1v.

Offline superduty151

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • superduty151 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 04:36:08 PM »
i know this is old topic but want add some info that might help someone with a problem close to this. i had the varta battery and U16 removed on my 1270 enhanced motherboard because every one said its best for future problems with battery leaking. when i wanted to do ram clear with key chips i ended up having problems. i ended up getting netplex message and both yellow led on the mpu blinking back and forth and wouldn't go solid for a full clear. i try ivc00224 first then tryed ivc00097 but got single blinking yellow led when i used that chip.  i even order new ivc00224 just see if bad chip i had. i also checked power supply on pin 7 see if had 6 volts but that was good. what i ended up trying was putting new varta battery and U16 on the board then tryed it worked with the 2 yellow led going solid and also removed my netplex that was showing up in process. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:15:07 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 04:40:45 PM »
You should be using 224/45 on the enhanced boards with a eprom based programming board on top. Not a 97.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 06:05:54 PM »
Also there is no need to clear it after removing the battery.

Offline JRT45

• Reputation Power: 7
  • JRT45 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 08:49:53 AM »
I have removed the battery and U16 on 4 1270 boards without any problems.  However, my 5th attempt ended up with the same problem.
I would like to replace the U16 and the battery, but I can't find a replacement part for U16.  The part number on the schematic is LX1117, but I can't find a cross reference. 

Can anyone help me with U16 part number?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2020, 09:24:48 AM »
I can't help you with finding the part for U16.

I know  international software requires the varta and U16 but think that may only apply to the 039 platforms.

For my clarification, do you get four solid lights with the 224?

What chips and their numbers are on the programming board?

Have you tried those boards in another machine?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 09:31:05 AM »
I have removed the battery and U16 on 4 1270 boards without any problems.  However, my 5th attempt ended up with the same problem.
I would like to replace the U16 and the battery, but I can't find a replacement part for U16.  The part number on the schematic is LX1117, but I can't find a cross reference. 

Can anyone help me with U16 part number?
I believe this is the correct part for U16.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/LM1117MPX-ADJ-NOPB?qs=X1J7HmVL2ZFw5HJtJ7173w%3D%3D

Offline JRT45

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 09:46:26 AM »
Tilt thanks for the part number.
Ken
SB101122
SG 598
VS011GX1
DSPL0002
I never tried to clear the board.  However, I do remember a nexplex error.
Also, I have not tried it in another machine.  After the removal of U16, I just pulled my last spare 1270 board got the machine running, and stored the one in question.

I will try to clear it in the next couple of days, and let you know.
Thanks
Jim

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 10:07:43 AM »
Let us know because I have removed varta batteries and U16 from several hundred boards without issue.

To find out if a netplex device is bad causing the problem a nodspl error shows up on the right side but it takes a minute minute or so to appear.

Offline JRT45

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 10:40:34 AM »
Ok I just tried a clear 224.  The top 2 lights are green, and the third is flashing amber.
With the SB installed, lights 3 and 4 flash amber, the red is off and the rest are steady green.  Also, a "Display's NETPLEX link is down" error.

Hope this help clear things up.
Thanks
Jim

Offline JRT45

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »
Another quick note
The bad board was installed in a different, working machine running a 1270 without the battery or U16.

Offline superduty151

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • superduty151 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2020, 05:57:12 PM »
i had errors when you try do a clear with the 224 chip without green battery. need to reinstall it to get both yellow light up without flashing error .

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal