New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Solved! Coin-In Error(NOT Coin-In Jam)  (Read 4519 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Coin-In Error(NOT Coin-In Jam)
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2020, 07:13:39 PM »
If you put your MPU and chips in his, that doesn't rule out the backplane in your problem cabinet.

Vice versa, if he throws his stuff in your machine, you don't know if your chips or MPU is any good.

What model MPU and backplane board do you have in there?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2020, 09:25:00 PM »
MPU is the 1270 enhanced.  There is nothing in the rev block for the board so not sure which it is.  The backplane board is a 75909100 Rev EB.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2020, 12:51:20 PM »
Here is something easy to try, unplug the coin mech. main harness and install the jumper plug and see what happens!

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2020, 12:54:11 PM »
Here is something easy to try, unplug the coin mech. main harness and install the jumper plug and see what happens!

Jim

That's a good thought.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2020, 02:24:36 PM »
Jim
I totally agree with you guys and it WAS suggested to do this in Reply #3 but this fella probably doesn't have one? Idk
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 02:50:39 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2020, 05:10:38 PM »
Hello!
So....  things started to look up for a bit.  The issue with the coin-in error was being persistent and tried a few different things including  changing out the board set and mother board.  Unfortunately no change.  The only thing that made a big difference was the fact I discovered I had an 802 i/o card in place of an 801 card(this machine has 2 i/o cards so it was the one at a 45 deg angle between the belly glass and main door).  I have 2 extra 801 cards so I tried the first one and it may have been defective since only some of the bet/line buttons lit as well as getting persistent coin-in error.  So I put the other 801 card in things ran great......For awhile.  I played the machine for a good couple of hours solid with no hiccups and thought it was repaired.....  Then I got a coin-in error.  Cleared right up with the door latch reset and played on for quite a while.  Then another coin-in error.  Now at this point, its back to being as bad as it was initially with not being able to clear the error or if I do its only for a pull or two before it errors again.
The machine would accept coins and bills so I don't feel as though it has to do with the comparator.  One thing I have noticed is that the machine seems to do the error when the bv light turns on.  So once the machine is powered on or a reset using the door latch the bv light will flash on then the coin-in error happens.  There are times the machine is operable for a pull or two right after turning on or after the door latch clear is used if there is credits on the machine.  But the bv light. the one that reads insert tickets or bills face up, lights up that's when the error seems to happen. If that light is lit and stays lit, I can input coins or bills.  Hopefully this makes sense.
I may try to purchase a few more 801 cards and be sure that it wasn't another faulty card.  But I am curious if there is something I can look for that might be taking out the  801 card since the 2nd 801 card I tried worked for a period of time and slowly became worse.  I have replaced the power supply and even unplugged all the florescent ballasts to be sure they weren't giving issue after the first initial coin-in errors with this i/o card.

Thoughts appreciated!  =) And sorry for the long post.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2020, 06:41:05 PM »
While you're spending $$$ :money: :money: on I/O cards, pick up a coin mech jumper plug too and try our suggestion?!  :arrowthruhead:

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2020, 07:10:46 PM »
Thanks Stayouttadabunker.  Yes that's on my list to. 

I apologize, I did forget to mention that I did try using jumper wires on the plug for the comparator/led area after a member here sent it to me and it still gave me a coin-in error.  I believe that was either while the 802 card was installed it the first 801 card.  When I put the 2nd 801 card in I thought "Whoo hoo!" Since everything seemed to work.  So I didn't go further with trying the jumper then.  But, the "whoo hoo" was short lived. Lol. 

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2020, 07:17:42 PM »
haha okay

An 801 I/O is for a single row of deck buttons.

An 802 I/O card is for decks with double rows of buttons.

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2020, 08:06:24 PM »
Gotcha.  This having 2 I/o cards one is a 801 and the other an 802 or are they supposed to both be 802?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2020, 08:10:22 PM »
801 between the panel and belly glass.
802 on the panel facing to the rear of the machine.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 05:20:43 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2020, 08:14:39 PM »
Thank you.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2020, 08:20:00 PM »
Make sure the 801 harness runs to the reel glass display by the door hinges.
The 802 harness runs back to the backplane board in the cabinet behind the MPU.

People mistakenly mis-connect these two harnesses.

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2020, 08:22:12 PM »
Thank you.  Will double check.

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2020, 08:46:21 PM »
Pic of the error

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2020, 08:55:29 PM »
I checked the wiring and its correct.   801 card(between belly glass and main door) goes to reel glass and 802 card(between main door and inside of cabinet) goes to the cabinet. 

Tried to upload pics but apparently I reach my limit of pictures.   :Crazy:

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2020, 08:56:33 PM »
It seems that when the BV light comes on is what's setting off the [Coin-In Error] error code.
I'm wondering if the power supply is loose up there behind the reel shelf or if that power supply is flaky?

Could you pull the BV light harness out and play a few games and see if the error pops up?
That BV light draws very little amps but might be just what is maxing out the power supply for some reason?

Disconnecting that BV lamp and playing a few games without erroring might give you an answer?

We want to rule out everything....one component at a time until this topic is solved.

I use plain ol' Windows Paint program to resize the larger sized side of a photo (horizontally or vertically) of pixels to down to 1000 pixel, rename the photo & save it on my desktop temporarily until I grab it and place as an attachment in a Reply....>>>
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:00:23 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2020, 08:59:33 PM »
Will do!  I appreciate the idea. :thank_you:   :)  Early on I did swap out power supplies from a working machine.

I'll report back. 

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2020, 09:32:52 PM »
Whoa....  This cant be the problem... BUT IT IS!  Stayouttabunker....This was right in front of me and you found it!!!! 

It ended up being the Board that holds the bulbs for the bv.  A resister may have gone bad.  I thought it was a socket but after trial and error the only way the machine would function properly is having both sockets removed even though the board was jacked.  This may be the culprit that took out the 801 card.

Before calling this solved I will play it for an extended period of time but thanks for all the suggestions and time!

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2020, 09:50:42 PM »
I checked the resisters and R2 is internally shorted and I believe this is the problem!!!  So I will either get another resister or different board.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal