New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: igt 2000 error netplex is down  (Read 1229 times)

Offline rjaerial

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rjaerial New User has no influence.
  • NLG
igt 2000 error netplex is down
« on: November 02, 2020, 02:08:33 PM »
I have an older igt s2000 3 cherry slot machine.  I am getting an error message... netplex is down    is this a bad motherboard and if so where do I purchase one?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: igt 2000 error netplex is down
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 02:40:20 PM »
Check your mpu for acid damage around the green varta battery, if the battery leaked, then your cheapest solution is to buy a known working mpu board.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rjaerial

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 02:46:35 PM »
I do not see any green varta battery?  any idea where I go to find a motherboard? 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 02:47:53 PM »
Best thing to do is place a WTB ad in the Classifieds section of NLG and hopefully one of our esteemed vendors will spot it and have one for ya!  :cool_thumb_up:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 03:02:52 PM »
I think you should let us know what MPU is in the machine. Easy way to tell is that a fixed pull handle on the MPU tray is a 50x and a D handle is a 1270. The error is a different fix depending on the board.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 03:23:53 PM »
A bad or loose power supply (located behind the reels) will also cause that symptom.  Try reseating it and see if that helps.

Offline rjaerial

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 03:57:41 PM »
I had a guy over to look at it and he changed power supplies and made no differene.  I think I have the D handle 1270?  He swapped out motherboards and got a no display error and then he tried some more and finally we ended up with the netplex is down and could not go any further... I am a mechanical design person, non electronic so I have answers but it just seems like it might be the motherboard.   Maybe if I look on ebay?  I also put up a couple of photos

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 04:22:40 PM »
I don't see pictures.

With a 1270 board the nexplex link down is usually a board issue. Chips could be in wrong. The MPU board (the one that you pull out) could be bad. What LEDs light up when the power is turned on.

You can get better prices on parts here than ebay.

Offline rjaerial

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 04:26:41 PM »
I put two photos up somewhere on this site.  I am new and it said add photos...  under richard jones or rjaerial I think... will try again

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 04:32:44 PM »
I'm color blind. Is there a red light on at the bottom of the LEDs?

Offline rjaerial

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 04:34:28 PM »
I turned it on and I got 2 green lights, 2 with no color, and then2 yellow and below 1 green...

Offline rjaerial

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 04:36:45 PM »
No red light but after I turn it on it seems to want to boot up, then quiet followed by a loud cycling noisy sound.

Offline rjaerial

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 04:38:51 PM »
sorry to be such a pain.  when I look I see that I have a circuit board that sits on top of what I think is a motherboard.  Is this normal?  Two boards, one on top of the other with two long looks like pin connetors? 

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 04:39:05 PM »
The varta battery is on the board. Under the daughter board. It needs removed and I think it's U16 that needs removed also. Someone should chime to make sure it's U16. It's beside the varta battery.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »
The varta battery is on the board. Under the daughter board. It needs removed and I think it's U16 that needs removed also. Someone should chime to make sure it's U16. It's beside the varta battery.
Yes it is U16 that needs removed with the varta.

Offline rjaerial

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2020, 05:18:03 PM »
I found where the varta etc. U16 were located.  Looks like the technician that worked on my slot machine removed them....?   see photo

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2020, 05:42:02 PM »
The fourth and fifth pictures in your earlier post the varta battery can be seen. Do you have more than one MPU?

Offline rjaerial

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 09:23:36 PM »
some of the photos that you may be looking at were taken a few years ago when I changed out the motherboard.  When it quit this time I think it is the same board but the technician changed out some eproms? and unsoldered the varta battery etc.  If I have to replace the motherboard will the one I buy have to have the two part board?  Where on NLG do I look for a replacement? 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2020, 09:59:24 PM »
   Where on NLG do I look for a replacement? 
I'm having a deja vu!  :24:

Re-read Reply #3 please...

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2020, 10:05:12 PM »
You don't need a motherboard. You may need a processor board (MPU). Turn your machine on and check the voltage at the J13 connector on the MB, pin 6 as pictured. If you have little to no voltage then it's the power supply. If you have approx 6v, then you have a MPU problem. A 1270 enhanced MPU may or may not come with the memory board that holds the chips. Yours is likely good. I can tell from your last picture that there was Varta battery leakage on your MPU prior to it's removal so it may be toast. One of the vendors on the home page may be able to help you with parts.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal