New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Multimedia Lite Schematic  (Read 2280 times)

Offline dbinder

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • dbinder New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Multimedia Lite Schematic
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »
This is how it's wired into the inline amp

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2020, 04:19:53 PM »
Can you read the number on the faded one?  I can't make it out from the photo.  If the sounds work correctly in mono why not leave it there?

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2020, 04:40:24 PM »
It's tough to read so I might be off by a number..

It looks like 60754904A and either hk701/04 or nk704/01.

If that doesn't work let me know.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2020, 05:32:39 PM »
From comparing wires on P7 it's a 6075804 harness which is a stereo harness.  Here's the audio diagram again with what you have in your machine highlighted by the red boxes. 

You could try replacing the MML2 board, but I'm not sure if that would help or not.  Maybe the game doesn't support stereo sound?  On the other hand they're pretty cheap, and good to have a spare anyhow.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2020, 10:49:13 PM »
This is how it's wired into the inline amp
Whenever I see those loops on connectors, I wonder if the company designed something wrong on the circuit board.  :duh:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2020, 06:36:35 AM »
Exactly. The Speaker A+/- and Speaker B+/- just doesn't add up from the schematic to the amp. The only think I can tell you is that the inline amp is working as it's supposed to and the audio is wonky getting there. That seems to be the big question I have at this point in solving what's going on. I've traced it all the way back to to backplane and I had to stop there because I don't have the correct equipment to test it. I would have to somehow run audio from the molex connector that is already plugged in because there are optics tied to the same plug. If the audio there is out of balance then the only other place is off the MML2 card, which is what I am expecting. I've brought this thing back from the dead and really want it to be minted out for my collection. This is the last piece!

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2020, 08:02:05 AM »
That's good sleuth work dbinder  :sherlock:

Better understanding of the way of how this audio amp works in the IGT's is helpful to everyone here in the future because I'm sure that many have "wonky" sounds coming out of their different machines....the same amp is used in IGT S2000.s, Game King's, I-Games and Visions.

Please give us as much details as possible in what you're finding out.Other than switching to enhanced MPU's from the older 502's to 504 MPU's, there has never really been any solution to the crappy sound we get from these audio amps.

Oh... I've tried the different resistors on the speaker wires as suggested by members but all that really did was overheat the audio amp to the point of burning out on some.

Anyways, on these, they're jumping 4/5 and 1/9 (CHAN A ATTEN and CHAN B ATTEN)
Why would they do that?  Also....what do they mean by "ATTEN?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2020, 08:11:46 AM »
I'll be doing more work on it today and try to be as specific as possible.

I've already used 10k pots and it helps but is not the answer. Can I ask, how did you wire the resistors and what values? I've been told use either 10ohm, 22ohm or 47ohm on the plus side of each speaker. That was my next fix.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2020, 08:29:31 AM »
I have the 47 ohm resistors on the + side of each topbox speaker under heatshrink tubing.

I wonder...does it matter which way the resistor is pointing and if I should remove the heatshrink?  :scratch-head_3: :scratch-head_2:

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2020, 08:33:47 AM »
I don't believe polarity is a concern for resistors. Did that help your problem?

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2020, 08:41:09 AM »
From comparing wires on P7 it's a 6075804 harness which is a stereo harness.  Here's the audio diagram again with what you have in your machine highlighted by the red boxes. 

You could try replacing the MML2 board, but I'm not sure if that would help or not.  Maybe the game doesn't support stereo sound?  On the other hand they're pretty cheap, and good to have a spare anyhow.

This is great! So now the question, why would the inputs to the amp in the top box be jumped like that?

Furthermore, why is there a difference in audio level from the left to the right channels before it gets to the amp?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2020, 10:19:31 AM »
The jumper wires on P7 are used to select the level of attenuation to the audio signals at the input to the amplifier. There are two options depending on how the jumpers are wired, either 19:1 or 4:1.  Your harness is wired for 19:1.  I believe they have these options so they can properly match the incoming audio levels for the various machines these amplifiers are used in.   Even with the S2000 you can have different sources.  On a standard S2000 the audio signal is processed by the MPU (and MML2 board too if used) and fed to the amplifier.  In a S2000 Vision machine the audio comes from the topbox computer, not the MPU/MML2 board.

I have had a s2000 that had a 4:1 harness in it and it would blast you out of the room even with the volume on the lowest setting.  Repining the jumper wires on P7 resolved that issue.

I wouldn't expect to see any significant differences in the channel audio levels.

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2020, 10:58:43 AM »
That's sort of what I thought. I do need to get the levels down and at the same time not get the AC noise in the audio. The stereo/mono reel stop sound thing is what's really baffling me.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »
I'm still a little confused as to the real problem.  When in stereo you say you can't hear the reel stops, got that, but is the entire channel missing, meaning that you only get sound out of one of the top speakers? 

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2020, 01:10:39 PM »
It's weird because I hear the medley while the reels spin but I don't hear the Orange or red seven or Tabasco symbol when it hits on the payline in reel 1 or 1&2 or all three. When the machine is in stereo, It's like they don't exist. Medley plays no problem, just no "woo" sounds. (You get it if you know the game). If I listen to the sounds in the I/O setting I hear the sounds whether it's in stereo or mono. If it's in mono, I hear them in game play.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2020, 01:29:48 PM »
When in stereo mode is the reel spin melody coming from just one of the upper speakers or both?

When in mono are both sides playing the same melody and stop sounds?

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2020, 01:41:38 PM »
When in stereo mode. I hear the medley in both speakers.

When in mono, same medley and stop sounds are playing in both speakers.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2020, 02:06:25 PM »
OK.  There's some audio mixing and switching that takes place on the MML2 board.  I'd replace it and see it that fixes the problem. 

Offline dbinder

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2020, 09:11:58 AM »
The jumper wires on P7 are used to select the level of attenuation to the audio signals at the input to the amplifier. There are two options depending on how the jumpers are wired, either 19:1 or 4:1.  Your harness is wired for 19:1.  I believe they have these options so they can properly match the incoming audio levels for the various machines these amplifiers are used in.   Even with the S2000 you can have different sources.  On a standard S2000 the audio signal is processed by the MPU (and MML2 board too if used) and fed to the amplifier.  In a S2000 Vision machine the audio comes from the topbox computer, not the MPU/MML2 board.

I have had a s2000 that had a 4:1 harness in it and it would blast you out of the room even with the volume on the lowest setting.  Repining the jumper wires on P7 resolved that issue.

I wouldn't expect to see any significant differences in the channel audio levels.

Tim

For us newbies, can you explain the 19:1 vs 4:1?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2020, 10:29:12 AM »
It's really just matching the incoming audio level to a level appropriate for the amplifier is all.  These amplifier boards are used in different types of machines.  Take for instance a 3902 MPU board used in game kings/Igames.  It can be used in older cabinets that have a single speaker and no external amplifier.  The MPU board amp drives the speaker.  Now take that MPU board out and put it in a newer 17" cabinet that has an external amplifier and stereo speakers.  The audio level that can directly drive a speaker is too high to amplify again without causing distortion and clipping.  So that's why they have the ability to reduce the signal first, before it reaches the amplifier.  IGT engineers must have determined that having the option of reducing the signal at 19 to 1 and 4 to 1 ratios would be appropriate for the machines they intended to use them in.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal