New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pop quiz #1  (Read 6244 times)

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Pop quiz #1
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:17:55 PM »

Pop quiz 1 Just for giggles...answer one or more of the following.
#1. How do you check the same pay on a machine twice?(There are at least 4 ways, name one...)
#2. You just were paid 10 coins for 3 oranges.  What is the easiest way to check that pay again?
#3. Customer hit 3 Sevens for a 500 coin payout.  Customer says it did not pay anything, while the machine legend says it will drop 200 coins.  There are no lights on the machine, and it is dead.  What do you check first?
#4.  How do you determine how many coins were paid out before the machine malfunctioned?

Bonus question -- What does the carry-over on the hopper payboard do?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:12:01 PM by DonnerPartyofAte »
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Pop quiz #1
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 10:45:51 PM »
well #3 is easy.. The machine timed out in the safety timer. Look for the red light. Push the lever in under the hopper if that machine has the lever. If not remove the hopper and push the white reset button on the safety timer. This will reset the breaker and the light will come back on..

Bonus question.. Is that the curcuit that cause the safety timer to reset after every fifth coin is paid? There is a roller style cherry switch that rides on a nylon gear/cam with a notich for every fifth coin? It's found on the backside of the payout board by the return spring?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 11:00:05 AM »
The bonus question regarding the carry over circuit. I believe that it is used for higher payouts like 100 coins.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 11:19:12 AM »
well Ill bite!

1 and 2 :  I would use the spin reels ,hold fan, set to payout you want to check. see what happens.

3  Gary answered it, I would put enough coins in the hopper so it didn't happen again.

4  look at how many coins were played, look at where  the payout disc  stopped, do the math.

bonus  was answered by rdaniel.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 07:07:35 PM »

#1. To check the pay on a machine you have to reset the payboard.  The hardest way, is to pull the hopper, and reach wayyyyy back and push the payboard reset solenoid.  The second way is to pull the hopper and push down on the step up arm (part #42 page 110 of your bally manual).  Actually you can do this without pulling the hopper if you know just where to push.  The 3rd way is to set up a pay, pull handle, hold fan and release fan.  And the last and very very best way to recheck a payout is to push back on the variator bar above the fan, and that will close the 'B' switch and reset your hopper.  You can do that over and over and over again, and check that pesky pay as long as you want.

#2.  Easiest way.  Push back on variator bar above the fan, and it will reset and pay again.

#3. Gary is correct, look for the red light out, and reset the safety timer white button.

#4.  Jim is correct.  ALWAYS look at payboard before you do anything.  It is exactly 100 steps, and it is marked, so you can pretty well tell within a coin or two, just how much has been paid out.  In a multiplier machine, it is steps on payboard times the multiplier.  On a continental, however, you must also look at top unit to see how many times the payboard has reset, however the question was -- for a jackpot pay, which always pays 200 coins and the X2 unit as automatically forced by the Jackpot lockup relay.  (This is disputable however if anyone wants to call me out on it...)

And, bonus question, rdaniel is correct.  The Carry Over is so that you can pay out EXACTLY 100 coins, or 200 coins, or 50 coins, as the CO foil on the board you will note ends right at those points.  A student once told me we did not need the carry over as he could adjust the payboard fingers to stop at exactly 200 coins without the carry over.  I told him if he could do that twice in a row, that I would give him an A, and he could pass the class that day.  He could not do it.  This is because of the slop in the carriage and the wiper fingers.
Well, that was fun, eh?
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 10:03:51 PM »
That was fun and educational. Can you do more of them?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal