New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Turn off Max Bet autospin? Double Diamond Deluxe  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Trooper11040 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Turn off Max Bet autospin? Double Diamond Deluxe
« on: July 27, 2018, 05:40:01 AM »
Good Morning!

Recently acquired a s+ double diamond deluxe 5 coin. I’m looking to turn off the autospin after hitting bet 1 coin “5” times. I can’t find the setting. Any help?  Thanks!!
Note...I’m running 6258 and 731
Dan
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:38:24 AM by Trooper11040 »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Turn off Max Bet autospin? Double Diamond Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 07:33:39 AM »
I looked thru the PSR for SP731 and didn't see an option or setting anywhere to turn off that autospin action after betting 5 credits. Maybe that is just part of the game with the chips installed?

Also, here is the SP731 mpu board dipswitch setting choices and it doesn't look it will do what you want either:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 08:06:05 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 07:42:43 AM »
Can you change the chip on these without changing the games?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 07:50:04 AM »
Yes, you can change the SP chip to another one without having to change the game. Another SP chip may have the ability to turn off that autospin feature. Someone that knows the S+ machines better than I do will have to let us know about that.

The SP chip in your machine can be any SP chip that is compatible with the machine's mpu board (10mhz or 16mhz) and it also needs to be compatible with your SS chip game Type, which is a Type 0.

I assume you aren't wanting to also change your SS chip, that would mean a game change so you'd also need to change the reel strips (in most but not all cases) and the glass artwork on the front of the machine.

Here is the list of SP chips:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=303.msg847#msg847
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 07:54:34 AM »
You didn't say what your machine game exactly is. I did a quick search and it looks like the SS6258 chip is for this game below. Is this correct?

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%205CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Double%20Diamond%20Deluxe%20(5%20Coin%20Multip.htm

But the SS chip doesn't control that autospin feature (I'm pretty sure).

NOTE- by looking at this chart your SS chip has a pretty low player payback percentage of 85%. You'd probably enjoy playing it more if you did replace that SS chip with one of the higher percentage ones in the chart.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 08:00:41 AM »
Are you saying that if you hit bet 1 credit 5 times the reels spin??? I have never seen that. There is a autospin option but that's not what it does.  It turns on/off the reels spinning after pushing the max credit (bet 5 credits) button.  You have to press the spin button afterward if it is turned off, it's option 39 in wp window.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 08:04:21 AM »
If I hit bet 1 x5, the reels will spin without hitting the spin button or pulling the arm.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 08:05:16 AM »
You didn't say what your machine game exactly is. I did a quick search and it looks like the SS6258 chip is for this game below. Is this correct?

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%205CM/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Double%20Diamond%20Deluxe%20(5%20Coin%20Multip.htm

But the SS chip doesn't control that autospin feature (I'm pretty sure).

NOTE- by looking at this chart your SS chip has a pretty low player payback percentage of 85%. You'd probably enjoy playing it more if you did replace that SS chip with one of the higher percentage ones in the chart.

That’s the game I have!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 08:10:10 AM »
If I hit bet 1 x5, the reels will spin without hitting the spin button or pulling the arm.
Very strange, that pretty much disables the arm.  Maybe the arm coil is stuck in the engaged position??
edit: no it would spin after the first push I guess.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 08:11:18 AM »

I'm not expert on S+ machines, but since this is a 5 coin max game it seems understandable to me that the reels would spin after you bet 5 credits. Most players would see this as a convenient feature, maybe that's why IGT did it that way. But to turn it off (if possible) I think you will need to change the SP chip to a different one.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 08:12:09 AM »
Very strange, that pretty much disables the arm.  Maybe the arm coil is stuck in the engaged position??

That's possible. How does the machine act if you just bet 1 credit? Can you pull the handle and it spins the reels? Can you verify that the pull handle works normally on bets of 1 to 4 credits?

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 08:27:38 AM »
I have the same machine and don't have the autospin as you describe. I'm running chip SP1271.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 08:30:18 AM »

That's possible. How does the machine act if you just bet 1 credit? Can you pull the handle and it spins the reels? Can you verify that the pull handle works normally on bets of 1 to 4 credits?

Coins 1-4 I can either hit spin or pull the handle

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 08:34:29 AM »
I have the same machine and don't have the autospin as you describe. I'm running chip SP1271.

Bingo!  That SP1271 chip has an option setting to turn on or off this autospin feature. This setting adds autospin when the max credits are bet, or when the Max Bet button is pressed.

SP731 does not have this option setting. So you need to change your SP chip to SP1271.

Offline Trooper11040

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 08:39:50 AM »
Where can I get 1271 and do I need to do anything else like a ram clear or just change out the chip?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 08:44:42 AM »
I forgot to mention, the SP1271 chip is for 10mhz version mpu boards only. Which mpu does your machine have? The 10mhz version boards are the ones that have the round blue sound volume knob.

A lot of people contact NLG member RB to get their chips. He's a good guy and a fellow Razorback fan so I can't say enough good things about him.  :garfield:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=164

There's probably other people here that have them too.

I don't know if you'd have to do a Clear procedure if you replace just the SP chip. Someone else can let us know about that. If you do have to do a Clear and your machine has a bill validator you will also probably need to get a Set chip so that you can enable the BV after doing the Clear.

If you do order an SP chip don't forget about considering changing the SS chip also, yours is a pretty crummy percentage and ordering another SS chip with higher percentage won't add much to the cost.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »
I'm running 1271 and it does not spin after betting max using bet 1 button with option 39 off or on.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 08:55:04 AM »
I'm running 1271 and it does not spin after betting max using bet 1 button with option 39 off or on.

That's odd, going by what IGT says in the PSR. But if SP1271 doesn't autospin after betting 5 credits one at a time (using Bet 1 button) that's what he wants so it should take care of his request, right?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 09:06:48 AM »
Neither does 731 that he is using.  Turning 39 off only makes it so you have to hit spin after pressing max bet.  I just tried it on both.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 09:14:23 AM »
try turning 39 off (39-0) with no credits on machine push white button twice, then turn jackpot key until you get 39 in winner paid window.  Push spin button to change from 1 to 0

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal