New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ reel order?  (Read 566 times)

Offline moementum

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • moementum New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ reel order?
« on: October 02, 2021, 07:05:52 AM »
Last rookie question for the week. Does it matter what order the reel strips are in?  Two of the reels are missing the number decals and the one in the number 3 position has the 2 decal. The previous owner rigged and adulterated so many things to try to get it to work.... My guess is that it doesnt matter, as the optics can read what symbol is what, and it currently works fine. The only reason I ask is that the third reel spins too long and occasionally give me a 43 error. I was going to take it out and check connections and clean the optics and figured I would put the one labeled 2 in the 2 position to soothe my OCD. Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 07:53:49 AM by moementum »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ reel order?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 07:20:34 AM »
The reels are all the same.  That decal means nothing. The strips can be different depending on the game.  Some game strips are AAA (all the same) and some games may be ABC (all different), some AAB etc.  The optics do not read the strips just the position of the reels as they spin.  If all 3 strips are the same you can move the reels with the strips wherever you want.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 07:39:50 AM »
I know the reel mechanisms are all the same, its the strips I was more concerned about. I had read about the AAA - ABC thing, but had forgotten about it. The reels appear to be all different, so we're looking at an ABC scenario. So theoretically I could change the order of the reel mechs, but the strips would need to stay in the current order correct?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 244
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 07:46:04 AM »
Yep

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 07:53:12 AM »
Great, thanks!!

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 10:37:25 AM »
Do what you said in the 1st post. I wouldn't swap strips around if they are different from each other. That won't be of any help. You can swap the reels to troubleshoot if you like, mark them like the 2 is on one of them, keep them straight.

Sounds like reel 3 is definitely the problem. Your right to check connections and clean the optic sensor. Look for damage to the sensor also. If everything checks out ok and you still have the problem. Re-flow the solder on the MPU connector for reel 3 motor.

Check this post I did a while back for pinout info -

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=32651.msg173437#msg173437

Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline moementum

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 12:15:45 PM »
OK, pulled the #2 & #3 reel assemblies out, took them apart and switched the bases, so the one with the "2" sticker on it now resides in the number 2 position (OCD). Cleaned both assemblies and reinstalled. If the problem was with the optics on the then #3 reel (43 error), it should transfer to the #2 position and give me a 42 error. So far so good though, played about 50 games and have had no issues. Thanks to all that helped!!

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 12:29:30 PM »
Great. Sounds good. Let us know if anything changes.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal