New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 power supply and ballast question  (Read 7064 times)

Offline Jackpot

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Jackpot New User barely matters.Jackpot New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • The Sugar Shack Antique coin operated machines
S2000 power supply and ballast question
« on: June 23, 2016, 11:01:09 AM »
I have a IGT S2000 that I have been working on, It was done and working fine so I left it on for a few days, when I checked it the machine had tilted and had the error Netflx link down. It has a IGT 300 W power supply part number is 40009090. What I notice is that if I power down the machine and power back up the light on the led light on the MPU will come on and stay on for less for about 45 seconds and then go out and stay out. I replaced the batteries on the MPU board before this and everything was just ducky until this started happening. Does this sound like a power supply going bad?? If so, anyone have a working one for sale please drop me an email? I could also use a door tube light ballast as the reel bulb will not stay light unless I wiggle the plug on the door side of the ballest, bad connection inside the ballest maybe? is this common with these? I tested the caps in the power supply with an ESR meeter and only one cap was in question but I didn't have a replacement for it, it is a 2.2 mf 400V cap that was in question.
[font=]Thank You[/font]
[font=]Jackpot[/font]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:55:37 PM by Jackpot »
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 power supply and ballast question
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 11:42:21 AM »
A bad ballast could also be the problem. A bad ballast will shut the power supply down. I would unplug all three ballast on the input side and see what happens. If everything works plug them back in one at a time until you find the bad actor.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 12:57:04 PM »
I did unplug the reel light ballest but I will go do the other ones right now.........
Thanks
Jackpot
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 12:59:06 PM »
Be sure to unplug those from the supply side

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 01:06:14 PM »
10-4 thanks

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 01:53:52 PM »
If the problem persists, try unplugging netplex devices one at a time to see if it comes up. Printer, BV, etc

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 07:22:14 PM »
Well it wasent the ballasts as they are all unplugged, so i will try the netplex devices also. So the fact that the MPU boards led lights only stay on for about 40 seconds on power up and go out, is aybe not really a good clue as to what is going on? It sounds like maybe you don't think it is a powersupply or MPU board that is the problum? Or are you thinking elimating other possable sorces might help figure this out as this seems to me also, the right way to trouble shoot it to the powersupply or MPU. This is a hopper machine so no bv, there is a bv however and I'll unplug it.
Thanks
Jackpot

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 08:25:52 PM »
 OK, I have everything unplugged, all ballasts, bv, lights and some other stuff with nothing else to unplug and still have the Neplex error, I did have this machine running for a while and all this problem come up overnight, my gut feeling is a bad power supply as I eliminated everything else I could think of, or maybe a MPU. But the MPU lights due come on at power up for about 45 seconds and then go dark. I think my next move is replacing the power supply I guess. Have any ideas who to ask for one of these that might have a fair price, Part number on it is: 40009090?
Jackpot :Scratch-Head:

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 08:45:09 PM »
Any of the vendors on the homepage likely has them. Throw up an ad in the classifieds or call one of them.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 11:29:55 PM »
Thanks for your help, and good ideas. I know the S-Plus's like the back of my hand, and now I am getting a great education on these S-2000's so that is all good.
Thank You
Jackpot  :thank_you:

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 03:15:47 AM »
Glad to help, hope the power supply solves it for you

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 06:04:03 PM »
Its Possible it could be the power supply, but I would bet that the mpu went bad. I have 2  mpus with the same error netplex link down. Try the power supply 1st it never hurts to have an extra one.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 07:34:31 PM »
Thanks, can I ask you this; when your MPU's went bad would the MPU lights come on at power up for awhile like 30 seconds or so, and then go out and stay out until you shut it off and powered it up again as that is what mine is doing. Thanks!
Jackpot

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 03:51:56 AM »
For what it's worth on the 500 series boards when working properly when the machine is turned on the two yellow and one green LEDs should light during boot up and then all LEDs go out and stay out when machine goes into play mode. (around 30 seconds). On the 1270 boards the same thing happens except the two green LEDs on the top will also come on and remain on after the three below go out.
Not saying your MPUs are good or bad but that is normal operation.
Have you checked that all the chips are properly seated and no pins are bent, pulled and reseated the I/O cards?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 06:26:57 AM »
Jackpot,  Yes that is what the 2 boards were doing. All yellow and the green came on for 20-30 seconds then went off. I don't think the red came on. Take a good look at all your chips. A bent or broke pin can also cause the lamps to come on.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 07:16:38 AM »
Jackpot,  Yes that is what the 2 boards were doing. All yellow and the green came on for 20-30 seconds then went off. I don't think the red came on. Take a good look at all your chips. A bent or broke pin can also cause the lamps to come on.

All I did was replace the battries on this machines MPU, and it was working fine but overnight then it started this. The varta battery did have acid cristles on it but everything looked ok. I never removed any of the chips at all, as I was lucky and got it up without using the key chips. I was ready to use them but I managed to get it up without using them. So maybe this is a MPU and not a power supply as it is acting just like your boards did! I think I will reseat the chips and if no change go for a MPU insted of a power supply and use the 50 percent chance on that, insted of the power supply and hope for the best. Thank You, very much as this information helps me a lot and maybe this information saved me from buying the wrong part first for once.... LOL
Jackpot :wave:

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 07:50:59 AM »
Is it a 500 series or 1270 enhanced board.  :Please_Post_Pictures_2clr:
Also check your battery voltage again sometimes new batteries are not"new"
Rich

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 06:19:39 PM »
Is it a 500 series or 1270 enhanced board.  :Please_Post_Pictures_2clr:
Also check your battery voltage again sometimes new batteries are not"new"
Rich
OK, here is a photo of that MPU and I did recheck  the voltage as you suggested just now, and Dam if is isn't down to 1.67 volts, so maybe your on to something here. I am going to go slam another in battery in it and see if it comes up.
Thanks
Jackpot

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 06:36:31 PM »
That's a 500 series board while you are there you should remove and discard the green varta battery also. It is not needed and will just cause issues down the road.

You were talking 1.67 volts on the coin battery, it needs to be > 2.8 definitely an issue.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 07:33:35 PM »
No sorry, it was the other way around, the varta was new also but is now down to 1.67 volts, but now I need to check the button also to see if it is still up to voltage or not after I changed that out also with a new one. I'll Be Back......................................... So the 500 board is good for dumping the varta and running without it, I like that and it's going to go then................... OK, I just checked the button battery and it is holding just fine at 3.08 volts. So the varta being low should effect no problems being low and I will remove it later if this board ever works, as maybe it is the MPU board and then I will use it for a Frisbee if it's bad.
Jackpot

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal