New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 "Please Select Wamm or IPC" & Key 17 chip  (Read 5039 times)

Offline jtz54

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jtz54 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 "Please Select Wamm or IPC" & Key 17 chip
« on: June 27, 2016, 07:01:40 AM »
Trying to get past the Wamm issue....After I plugged in the Key 17 chip and then back to the original chip, I went to the Key Config menu 7.1.4. Came up with the :Version Unknown" but nothing I do will change anything. Pressing the spin reel button does nothing (the lights are off on the buttons except for the Max Bet which allows me to go back. One thing I noticed when the key chip is in is that all lights are on the MPU with only the bottom red one blinking. I never see only two amber lights as described in the key chip procedure. When the base chip is re-inserted the two amber lights come up after the memory check.
I've read several posts that I should be able to change this option after the Key 17 chip was inserted. Could there ne something amiss here?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 08:49:21 AM by jtz54 »

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 "Please Select Wamm or IPC" & Key 17 chip
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 08:54:47 AM »
A key 17 or 45 should allow you options to choose WAMM or IPC. WAMM is what you want. A key 31 does not allow it. What SG chips are you using? Sounds like 312 or 362. You can use SG363 assuming you have a 50x MPU. They default to WAMM so it's not an issue.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline jtz54

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 10:48:04 AM »
Just have the clear and Key 17 chips. What are the SG chips? After the Key 17, I'm not able to set Wamm. Just says unknown version and lights are off on the buttons you'd use to pick them. I was wondering if they key chip was working porperly since I never get the two amber LEDs as described in the procedure. All LEDs are on with the red one blinking when the Key chip is in. Sorry, but new at this and there are a lot of different instructions out there.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 10:52:35 AM »
SG = Stepper Game chips, GME1 & GME2. Sounds like you may have a bad key chip or it didn't get inserted properly. You must have zero credits on the machine to successfully use the key chip. Post a pic of your MPU focusing on the chips.

Offline jtz54

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 11:26:22 AM »
Here is a pic of the MPU with the Key 17 chip I use next to the Base chip.
With all the LEDs on could mean the Key Chip is no good?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 11:30:51 AM »
That is an enhanced 1270 board. It should not have SG362 chips. They will work but not optimal at all. SG523 or 598 will work much better. I'm not sure if a Key 17 works on those either. I recommend an IVC00224 clear & KEY00045. On another note, I've never seen a DSPL0006 used in a S2000. It might work but that is a Game King DSP. It should have a DSPL0002. SB101027 is for Double Gold, Double Strike & Double Lucky Strike 5R, 9L, 180C. Does that coincide with your game?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »
You could just have a bad MPU. Did it work before? It sure has been monkeyed with. Test switch replaced, looks like a cordless phone battery where the Varta used to be. It could have just been eliminated but you have to clip the 3 pin IC located at U16 after removing it. It's not needed for home use. You should also install those missing screws from the legacy adapter especially if you're going to be removing & installing chips.

Offline jtz54

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 12:01:42 PM »
Machine is a Double Gold & worked fine before the backup battery went dead. Everything I read said clear RAM and use Key 17 chip but confusing because of the variations.
So should I just try a IVC224 clear & Key 45 chip and go from there?
If I installed the SB532 or 598 chips would those be plug & play?

:thank_you:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 12:16:54 PM »
You will have to key chip it least going from 300 series SGs to 500 series. Yes you need a Key45 & 224 clear if you don't have them. A DSPL0002, & SG523s or 598s also needed. If you just replaced the main battery, it should've came back up & worked after clearing the ram error.

Offline jtz54

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 12:23:56 PM »
I'll order the clear and Key 45. I'm thinking it didn't come up after replacing the battery because I used the 0097 clear chip then the Key 17 chip. I'm wondering if I should try the Key 45 chip first to see if it'll work before replacing the SG chips.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:56 PM »
PM sent

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal