New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 3800 board "Door open C" problem  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
3800 board "Door open C" problem
« on: June 23, 2016, 09:47:52 PM »
I was told this a 3800 board. This is an older GK machine and the MPU board has no surface mount chips and has a I/O tray above the MPU.

I got everything working except a constant "Door Open C". The game recognizes all other door open / close actions but the "C" door reports open and I can't find a "C" switch that would cause this. Also U71 (74HC240) on the board keeps blowing it's output pins 5 and 18 and shorting out the power supply (pulsing).

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? Where can I get a schematic for this older system? I checked the downloads section and no mention of schematics for this older system were found.

Any help would be appreciated.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: 3800 board "Door open C" problem
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 10:17:17 PM »
Usually the C door is bypassed with a jumper. Here's what I have for schematics for the older 19in GK cabinets, the 13in cabinet is pretty much the same if that's what you're working with.  U71 is a SENET buffer, so it's probably something related to the I/O cards.  Pin 5 of U71 isn't connected to anything according to the schematics, so not sure what the deal there is. 

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 12:11:50 AM »
Thanks! Those diagrams should give me a fighting chance.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 12:15:31 AM »
Usually the C door is bypassed with a jumper. Here's what I have for schematics for the older 19in GK cabinets, the 13in cabinet is pretty much the same if that's what you're working with.  U71 is a SENET buffer, so it's probably something related to the I/O cards.  Pin 5 of U71 isn't connected to anything according to the schematics, so not sure what the deal there is.

Where is the C switch normally located inside the machine?  What function does it relate to?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 06:51:55 AM »
In my 13" machine the harness is bundled up behind the bill validator and has a red jumper with a tag installed.  I believe the purpose for it is to run to the coin drop door (hopper overflow) in the stand so the machine alarms if the stand door is opened.  Here's a picture of mine and where's it's located on the schematic diagram.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:47:10 AM »
Thanks, I'll take the pix to work and try to match it up. Stay tuned.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 05:37:47 PM »
In my 13" machine the harness is bundled up behind the bill validator and has a red jumper with a tag installed.  I believe the purpose for it is to run to the coin drop door (hopper overflow) in the stand so the machine alarms if the stand door is opened.  Here's a picture of mine and where's it's located on the schematic diagram.

Found the jumper but didn't believe it was really making contact so I un-plugged the jumper and put it back in a couple of times and the "C" open error went away.

The games came up and it took bills but there were no buttons working or lighting up so I reinstalled U71 on the MPU board and swapped the I/O tray with a known good one.

Buttons and lights worked fine. This project is done. The customer has picked up the machine. Thanks for your help.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:38:14 PM »
My pleasure.  Glad you were able to get working again.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal