New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 1071-3 Troubleshooting  (Read 30647 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 1071-3 Troubleshooting
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »
Thanks John, the photo loaded upside down. The next time I'm near the electronic surplus I'll get you some cable. Hopefully they still have it, it was on a spool probably 100s of feet and has 30 wires.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2016, 11:21:59 AM »
Using that multi-strand wire cable looks like it makes an easy job of making an extention cable. I bought a bunch of 18 gauge wire when I built mine. Made mine all 6ft long. I still need to make a couple 30 cords
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline nauseous

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • nauseous New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 12:32:26 PM »
Checked the female side of the cinch plug and it looks to be fine.
But in the process I have realised more parts are missing from the door. Argh...

The latching mech has been removed (not overly concerned about replacing, would be nice).

And the coin reject switch has been removed as well. (looks like the wires are still in harness)

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2016, 02:29:18 AM »
Found a Aussie 5c coin mech one of my local suppliers had stashed away!

Until I get the hopper cinch-plug this project will have to be on hold. A massive thanks must go out to all that have contributed on the forum. Especially Jon (ovenguy10) who has been awesome, I can't thank him enough, without his help this project would have sat idle for a lot longer. Thanks Jon.

I will be back with some updates once the parts have arrived.

And for anyone interested. My background is in PCB repairs as a hobbyist (pinball, arcade and anything in-between). This is the first Bally machine I have ever worked on; done a few aristocrats, but this older tech I must admit is a lot more fun, some really clever stuff the designers have done. (I was born around the time intel released the 80286, so a lot of this is new to me)

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2016, 07:09:50 AM »
Wow you're just a kid I was born when we had vacuum tubes and more vacuum tubes

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2016, 02:50:50 AM »
Hey All,

Parts arrived (Thanks Jon!). The gearbox is now free on hopper and the new cinch connector is installed.
Some progress at least...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2016, 07:23:13 AM »
Making progress, that's good. What's next?

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2016, 12:33:18 AM »
Got these today. Need one for under the lowest coin chute. Need to install and mark throw, then bend accordingly. Quick and easy one really.
After that just need to install the lockout armature (thanks jon) under coil.

Then it's time to fire it up with all the parts installed. Have rebuilt reel mechanism and hopper, so everything should be happy days (in that regard).

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2016, 01:05:10 AM »
Wiring Question:

The other side of the molex plug shown earlier. Orange wire is 50V and brown wire goes to lower coin switch on front door.
Orange wire runs to switch on rear of hopper - what is the name of this switch so i can ID in schematic? I assume this is the 50v input for the hopper?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2016, 09:33:16 AM »
the switch on the hopper is the zero set switch

the molex plug goes to the coin to cash box meter on your schematic

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2016, 04:44:42 AM »
ok the molex connector in your hand goes to a meter like the one circled in this picture of which would mount to the bracket circled in the other part of the picture your meter is missing on the machine does not matter...

I will go up to the shop when the rain breaks and look at the schematic I believe that one is like an 8 91 and I will talk you through wear that red black wire goes it goes up to the real machine

the black white wire on that switch should go to a solenoid almost directly behind it. Also has a 70 orange wire going to it

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2016, 05:04:33 AM »
take the schematic down and have it printed it will be much easier

I believe this is what you're looking for on the schematic I will get the original out and see what that wire is supposed to be

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »
Thanks Jon; this was the molex connector that runs to the set zero pay switch.
I have now terminated it onto the cinch plug. Alas couldn't find the other end, ID'ing the switch for me in that schematic is a good help.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2016, 01:56:43 PM »
I have seen wires in the harness shorted and people put wires and Molex connectors like that this is where it goes to on the real machine

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2016, 02:32:04 AM »
Unfortunately the reel unit wiring looks a little different to the one in your photo... I don't have a common wire between all 3 switch banks.
And it seems to have an extra switch in position B..?

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2016, 08:06:26 AM »
yes but knowing the wiring that orange black wire at the hopper goes to that orange black wire on the real machine Chase it down it is cut off somewhere or disconnected somewhere for some reason between the real machine and the hopper that is where the wire goes right there to the B switch

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2016, 01:00:43 PM »
You don't need a common wire between all switch banks.  They each have their own functions.
Also, the extra stack on your 'B' switch I would bet goes to a resettable win meter, probably somewhere on the door so it can be seen by customer.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2016, 01:04:10 PM »
OK so tracing the orange/black wire from reel through harness it runs to the credit board (100 terminal) on hopper..

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2016, 01:18:57 PM »
Use your meter, don't just use your eyes, sometimes the same color wire is used twice in the machine.
I recall the 100 pay wire being a black/red trace....????
It makes little sense having the 100 pay wire go through the hopper reset B switch, as pays are disabled during reel spin, which is when that switch closes.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline nauseous

• NLG
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2016, 01:35:41 PM »
Yeah i buzzed it out with a multimeter.
I still suspect the hopper is from a different machine.

So where should the 100 pay wire terminate on the reel ?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal