New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pretty sure I'm in a 61 loop  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Impulsivejames

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Impulsivejames New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Pretty sure I'm in a 61 loop
« on: December 02, 2020, 08:54:00 AM »
Well that sucks.... refreshed and it erased all my writing.....

First time poster, please go easy on me.

We've had our Double Diamond (IGT S+) for awhile now, but it's been down for about a year. It seemed like loss of power, but we finally cracked it open and realized the battery was corroding and shot. Finally replaced it yesterday and finally started showing some signs of life, the 61 code. I was able to follow the reset procedure and got it into the 61-1, but then it seemed to dump me into a settings menu. I cant seem to get out of the settings menu and I'm not sure if I'm in the 61 loop or not, but can't seem to get back to 61-1.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Pretty sure I'm in a 61 loop
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 08:58:09 AM »
What "reset procedure" were you following?  :scratch-head_2:

Open the door, turn on the power.

Hold the test button in for 3 seconds.

Close the door then turn the reset key once.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 09:53:01 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 09:45:23 AM »
You need a new battery to start with or you are going to be stuck in more than a 61 loop. That battery was made in the early 90s.

BTW .. I have new batteries available too.

Offline Impulsivejames

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 01:20:37 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies.

We already replaced the battery, that's what got it mostly back to life.

The reset procedure was pretty much what you said, but I think when we touch the contacts together (can't locate the key, will probably replace with a push button), it either advanced the 'settings menu' to 0-1 then 0-1 or showed all 9's. I'll be able to check tomorrow and post exactly what happens.

The first time when we held down the test button it made a chime noise, but when I turned the machine off, then back on, it wouldn't chime no matter how long I held the test button down for.

• Topic Moderator
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 01:54:18 PM »
When you touch the reset key contacts together, the door STILL HAS TO BE CLOSED in order to clear the [61-1] code.

For now without having a key, for you can remove the key cylinder from the cabinet and stick the two wires out of the hole and touch them together with the door closed.

Look below...there's a message there for you....makes it much easier to solve problems.  :Tongue_Out:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Impulsivejames

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 03:52:22 PM »
Ok, here is exactly what is happening. When it gets to the part where I press the test button, the 61 does go blank, then comes back. The very first time I did this yesterday, it made a chime noise after I held the test button, but it doesn't do that any more.

https://youtu.be/D1KbyYFuziE
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 05:11:24 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 03:53:29 PM »
Machine needs a ram clear. If you have a bill acceptor then you will also need a set 15.

If you need those NLG member RB can help you out with them.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 04:26:37 PM »
Ok, here is exactly what is happening.

Is that an Epiphyllum behind your machine?

Offline Impulsivejames

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 04:30:03 PM »
Ok, here is exactly what is happening.

Is that an Epiphyllum behind your machine?

Ha, I think so, I always thought it was called a chrysanthemum cactus :) learn something new every day

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 04:45:54 PM »
Hold the test button longer than that...it should go to [61-1]
I watched your video 3 times and I don't think you held that button in long enough.
Hold it for 7 seconds instead...if not, you gotta do what Ken said.

From what I see, You are NOT in a "61 Loop" - you didn't get it to [61-1] and when you closed the door, you turned the reset key but because the display wasn't showing [61-1], you went into "Accounting Mode".

A "61 Loop" is when it goes to [61-1], close the door, turn the reset key once, and the display loops back to [61] again.

Offline Impulsivejames

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 04:53:15 PM »
I just tried it again, holding for 7 seconds. If you watch the display during that time, it blanks, then the 61 comes back after about 5sec or so.

So if it's not a loop, what's next? :)

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 04:55:18 PM »
See reply number 6. That's what is required to go any further with that machine.

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2020, 04:56:58 PM »
I don't know...I see a [1] then a [0] alternating in the [Coins Played] display AFTER you turn the reset key....that means you are in the first option of the machine's internal Accounting mode...[Page 01]...if you do that same step again, turn the reset key again for split second, the number should change to a [2]  - this means that you're in the 2nd page of the accounting.
If you turn the reset key 12 more times going through all the pages of the accounting mode, it will go back to [61].

The [61] comes back when you turn off the machine or open/close the door as well too because you never got to [61-1] to clear it the 1st time....or it comes back when you leave the Accounting Mode....see what I mean?

If you CANNOT get to [61-1] at all ( which is what seems to be happening because you held it even longer), then I think the stuck logic data does need to be cleared with a clear chip.
I find this very strange because in your 1st post, you stated that you actually saw it go into [61-1] once...or no?

No matter what, get the CLEAR and SET15 chips...you're gunna need them.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 05:33:45 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline Impulsivejames

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 05:42:58 PM »
I only ever got to 61-1 after the first reset after replacing the battery, and haven't seen it since.

I'll pickup the chips, is there a recommended place? I can check with that RB person also.

I have a chip programmer, any chance the program is available somewhere?

Thanks for everyone's help, I really appreciate it.

PS. The only other thing I could think of is....Is it actually sensing the door is closed? I used a camera, and I could see the purple glow from the door-side sensor, but is there a good way to test the receiver?

Offline Impulsivejames

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2020, 07:48:45 PM »
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to this, it's been a busy month! Long story short, IT'S WORKING!!!!! THANKS to everyone who gave insight, I really appreciate it!!!

Longer version, Found CLEAR123 chip program, bought chips, flashed, tried, failed, bought new chips, flashed, tried, failed, bought real chips, worked right away :) I like to try to DIY stuff and learn as I go as often as I can, so I guess that's just the price I pay for learning :)

This also gave us a chance to lift up the motherboad (I think that's the right name) to inspect under and found a whole dollar in quarters, that couldn't have been good!

We've put a few dollars through the machine so far, hopefully it keeps going!

The last thing we need to do is find the setting page and get it all set back up for home use :)

Thanks again, we really appreciate it, happy late christmas and happy new year!!!

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2020, 09:17:31 AM »
The last thing we need to do is find the setting page and get it all set back up for home use :)

This section: LOOK HERE FIRST is at the top of IGT S plus. Check it out.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=28444.0

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal