New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need menu help!  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Grat

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Grat New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need menu help!
« on: December 12, 2020, 09:44:36 PM »
Hello everyone. First time poster and owner of an S+ Double Diamond Deluxe and I am in need of some help. I've looked through forums and what not to help with a few issues and I just had to throw my hands up and ask for help on this one.

First off, from what I can tell, the board has a SP731 in the game prom slot and an SS4246 in the reel prom slot.

Everything works fine except for the bill validator (DBV-145). It was not moving at all when I first got it so I pulled it out, tore it down and dropped the tiniest bit of sewing machine oil on all contact parts and now it does the self test just fine when first turned on. The front bezel is not lit up but red lights are seen in the acceptor but doesn't do anything at all when putting in a bill. I figured maybe it needs the DBV chip everyone talks about (ordered and on its way) but I was just curious to see if that 9-0/9-1 trick would show if it was enabled or not. . . that's where I get lost. Tried following forums by pressing the test button and I get different results from what described. I bought a downloadable manual and got even more lost. What is the trick here? Does the SP731 have a manual of its own? Also the 2 sets of dip switches in the DBV were down.

ALSO! The wire to the bell is unhooked, coiled up and zip tied. Is there a hidden wire somewhere that it hooks to so I can annoy my household when I hit big?

Help is greatly appreciated and will reduce my gray hair.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Need menu help!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 09:00:22 AM »
Not to discourage you on the bill acceptor, ordering a chip will not improve the unit, if yours is a 145 ( typically gold in color)  it had a 512 meg chip in it, you had to be sure to get the right one for the right protocol, ID022 or ID023,  you can not select which type you want with a 145 head. SP731 uses a ID023, so if that is what they send it will work, but still not improve any of the monies it will accept.  mostly older money bills.

you would be better off to upgrade to a 200 head, check your black power supply to see if it has vents on it , if so , then you don't have to upgrade it.

this is all based on your transport unit working as well, this is the unit the head is secured too.

as for checking the programming,   very easy,  using a SP731 allows you to use the buttons on your machine to go through the menus, see the "how to guide" in the S+ section, first topic post,  look for the S+ flip cards post, these will explain every test, what number means what , and what number to look for in the displays.

in your case to check if the bill unit is enabled, open door, this puts you in the diagnostic test mode, press the white test button, now, you are in the test mode, close the door ( don't completely close it, leave it ajar so you can use the buttons and see the displays)
pressing the bet one button will allow you to advance through the menus, pressing the bet max button will allow you to back up through the menus, pressing the change button will allow you to advance through a selected menu, the flips cards describe this procedure as well.

press the bet one button until you see a 5-0 or 5-1 or 5-2 in the winner display, you can press the spin reels button to change the 0-1-2, this selects your player selectable option, I leave it at 0 so credits won will go up on the display.
now use the change button to advance through that menu, each press of the button will advance on step, 6-7-8-,then 9-?  this will tell you if the unit is enabled or not, continue pushing the change button until you get back to 5-? then you can use the  bet one button to go through all the menus and see or test what you want.

I sell 200 heads, power supplies or any other parts you may need.

hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Grat

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 10:07:43 AM »
Thanks Jim!

I had to stop from frustration, but this morning feeling fresh I did go through the FAQ and found the flip card section you were referring to that I'll need to study. I sat down in front of the machine to try and "become one" with the machine and did the procedure you mentioned and got further then I did yesterday and its showing 5 0 and 9 1 for the options in question.

The validator has what looks like a label maker sticker on it with ID023 V3.20-11 on top of the other labels. The black power supply has 4 sets of small vents but no labels on it. I would be interested in updating to a 200 head if it meant I didn't have to break out my collection of old bills.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 11:13:05 AM »
the 200 head is a direct replacement, it has 4 way acceptance, it will take the newer bills up to the new ten, it will not accept the new five or 100.

make sure to check the denom setting,  #6 in the coins played window, 25 cent in the winner paid window, and the spin button does not change anything when it is pressed,  if it does , then the denom is not set.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Grat

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 07:54:24 AM »
Ok, denomination is set correctly and won't change. I think I've kinda gotten the gist of how the menu works by hopping around on the diagnostic cards, but still non operational on bdv. I played around with the switches on it, and when they are all in the on position it causes the bezel to blink and no noise from bdv on start up. If I put one of the denomination switches down it does its dance but nothing else.

On the input tests page 27_0 set  bill acceptor, the reel button goes out and does nothing either. Going further in the menu, I've discovered that it skips over other bill acceptor tests (I forget the exact ones). Thinking about it, I've decided to focus on the power supply being possibly weak or the program for the bdv is not working correctly. I focused on the cash box maybe being not put in right, but after moving it around and putting more tension on it and testing it, I don't think its that.

I did get the bell going which is nice!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 08:54:35 AM »
145 's are older units, can't offer much help on how to test those individually, as a complete unit, when the system is powered up, two distinct sounds are heard, a heavy grinding noise ( this is the transport gear that extends through the hole in the shelf cycling the cash can)  and then a softer motor noise coming from the head itself. you can unplug the white plug on the left side and get the unit to power up when you plug it back in, the black plug is the wire that will go to the front door bezel to signal the board to lite the lamps.  after the unit is powered, you can remove the cash can, the unit should start to cycle, it is looking for the cash can in place, this is a good test for the cash can optics which are connected via the four pin connector on the front right. 
test 27  should turn on the lamps on the bezel,  you can test the bulbs using the denomination lamp socket.

hope this helps

Jim

Signature:

Offline Grat

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 09:43:37 PM »
Hey Jim,

Still scratching my head on this, I've gone through all FAQ's, all the options on the tech cards and everyone else's post on similar  issues but I feel that my issue lies in programing to get BV running. I did a BV set chip just to be sure but still no change in its operation. Check enabled, set denomination, made sure correct country selected, made sure limits were set, pretty much everything related to the validator on tech cards.

Though it does "blip" in the output test after unplugging and plugging it back in after it does its self test.

At this point, would it be wise to do a ram clear procedure? I want too but reading through the other forums it should be a last resort..... I kinda feel I'm at that point.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 10:00:46 PM »
Programming a DBV in the settings is so easy a child can do it.
I'm sure you have those correct and commend you on doing your research on the unit.

Now is the time to post a video of the thing being powered up from the start to where you think there's a problem.I think your old DBV isn't even turning the motor. (Your description of a LED blip leads me to this )

The labels are so old that they're usually not current with whatever is in there because they fall off.
Don't believe in the labels.

Did you clean the acceptor's entrance-way optical eyes for it to see a bill being stuck in there?
Those little things are like light bulbs but infred....they don't last forever.
The bill being put in needs to pass thru a beam of light for the unit to respond / or "wake up" and start doing a sequence of "jobs".

Do you have a camera?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 10:24:09 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 10:16:31 PM »
you have two complete operating units! the machine itself and the bill unit. the machine will operate without the bill unit, the bill unit is a system unto its own, it will disable it self if it detects a problem within, typically by turning off the bezel lamps saying the unit is not available!

Sounds as if you have the machine set up for the bill unit,  you have to let us know what the bill unit does when powered up, it only works one way and only one way. the two noises it makes , the recognizing of the removal of the cash can, the bezel lamps coming on in test -27 . 

you have five components that make up the bill unit, any one can be bad and causing your problem!  you have the transport stacker assembly, the head, the cash can, the cash can optics, the power supply and I/O sub assembly , any one could be bad, you could have the wrong chip in the head, it could be programmed for ID022  when you need ID023.

Signature:

Offline Grat

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 08:28:57 AM »
Alrighty, here is the video of what I am dealing with. I have the validator without it's covers and the head is loose to make sure everything is moving as it should and it is. I pulled the cash can and put my hand in to break the beam inside to show its functional. I unplugged and reconnected the beams with can in to show they are registering. I also flipped all the switches up to show the bulbs on the bezel are working and flashing but it prevents the validator from making its usual noise on startup.

Flipping through the menu I did notice the credit limits are showing 300 instead of its usual 1000, not sure how but I may have reset that. But it didn't do anything different when it was set at 1000.

The winner paid now flashes its paid amount now, didn't do it before, gonna look into that when I get back.

If it helps, from what I can tell, the previous owners were not able to close the door all the way and played it in test mode. BV was not working for them either but the gears were frozen before I got it and cleaned it out and it came to life during its start up test. I pulled the latch off to adjust and file off a little for it to sit snug, now it closes all the way. Last night I checked all beam lenses and readers and cleaned them again but still no change in its activity. The red beams up front are functional as I shoved a dollar into the head after it did it's test procedure then pulled it out and it made noise again.

I hope maybe I'm missing something here. I can program modern technology like there is no tomorrow but this has me stumped.

Slot machine

Edited to embed video. -knagl
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 03:33:08 PM by knagl »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 05:21:18 PM »
You will never be happy with the DBV. Upgrade to WBA. You won't regret it. Pretty sure JIM has some. SPIN INC. also
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 06:58:03 PM »
appears that your unit is making all the correct sounds and doing what it should be doing when you remove the cash box.  the only remaining items
would be:  the wiring from the power supply to the machine harness and then from the machine harness to the motherboard.  the wiring from the machine harness(its the harness that the power supply connects too)  has 115 vac for the power supply and the four wires that terminate at the connector J-6 on the motherboard. 

all the switches on the head should be in the down position, ( no bezel lamps on as when you flipped them all up)  when you go to test 27 it should turn on the bezel lamps, that signal comes from the head ( the two wire connector on the left side , larger black connector)  the signal would come from the cpu via the connection at J-6 to the machine harness to the power supply ( the power supply has two boards in it, one is the power supply, makes 12vdc to power the unit and the other is the I/O board that communicates between the head and the machines cpu. , so when in test 27, if all the components in that chain are good, it will light up the bezel by putting out a +5vdc on that black two connector that goes to the bezel.

Jim

Signature:

Offline Grat

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 07:33:43 PM »
I did do a check from the head to the power supply and then power supply all the way down to the motherboard and my readings on the multi meter were good. I tore down the head down to its board and thats where I saw what looked to be some sort of substance spilled all over the board. It was sticky and all over the place. I dropped it into the ultrasonic cleaner to see what it could get off and it came out looking brand new but I think the damage is done as now its changed its self test noise to acting like its searching for something.

SO! I'm in search of a dbv head and transporter as well as a power supply just to knock out three points.

Offline ryan

• Reputation Power: 4
  • ryan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2020, 02:28:57 PM »
Are you missing this part

Offline Grat

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2020, 02:21:08 PM »
MARK AS SOLVED!!

Bill validator is up and running thanks to Jim. Replaced everything related to the validator and it fired right up and took bills with no problems. Maybe I'll pinpoint exactly what part failed but for now I am happy. Thank you everyone!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal