New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New S+ Owner Double Diamond Problem or Problems  (Read 774 times)

Offline mikeflstfi

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mikeflstfi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New S+ Owner Double Diamond Problem or Problems
« on: July 31, 2021, 05:02:31 PM »
Hi - I picked up a Double Diamond yesterday, and have some questions about what I think might be the 61 loop. This is an older machine, maybe a 1993 mfg. According to the bible thread, it's a 2CM, Type 0, and it has a SP-625 Game PROM. No bill validator, just a straight up quarter machine. Previous owner just replaced the MPU battery and then lost interest in the machine.

1. Following the procedure that I found here to clear the 61: Open front door, pull lower tray, power on, replace tray, press white reset button (located on the MPU housing itself, not near the power switch).
2. If I hold the white reset button for 3 seconds, I don't hear a beep, it does not progress to 61-1 but it does do something. Usually ends up flashing '0' and '1' in the Coins Played window.
3. Then I close the front door, slide the latch down, and use the reset key. I don't know if I'm doing that right because I just turn it 90 degrees and leave it. Should I turn it 90 degrees and then turn it back?
4. After turning the reset switch 90 degrees, the machine acts like it wants to come up, but never really does. Sometimes I get 9999s flashing in the Winner Paid and Credits LEDs, sometimes I get '2' in the Coins Played, and if I futz with the Bet One Credit button, I can eventually get the reels to spin. But they always finish in the same position, between the 7's and the 'BAR'.
5. Inevitably it will then revert to the 61

My main problem, I think, is that it never gets to 61-1 when I hit or press the white reset button.

What should I try next, or what questions do you have that could help troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 01:23:57 PM by mikeflstfi »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
Re: New S+ Owner Double Diamond Problem or Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 05:54:02 PM »
Hi - I picked up a Double Diamond yesterday, and have some questions about what I think might be the 61 loop. This is an older machine, maybe a 1993 mfg. According to the bible thread, it's a 2CM, Type 0, and it has a SP-625 Game PROM. No bill validator, just a straight up quarter machine. Previous owner just replaced the MPU battery and then lost interest in the machine.

1. Following the procedure that I found here to clear the 61: Open front door, pull lower tray, power on, replace tray, press white reset button (located on the MPU housing itself, not near the power switch).

Not sure about that 1st step of the procedure you found, pull lower tray? The MPU tray?
Power on, replace tray? I hope you did not put tray back in with power on?
The white button should be near the power switch if it is on your machine, if not it is the one on the front of the mpu tray.

2. If I hold the white reset button for 3 seconds, I don't hear a beep, it does not progress to 61-1 but it does do something. Usually ends up flashing '0' and '1' in the Coins Played window.

The procedure you are following is for when you replace the battery or clear the machine with a chip. Have you done any of this? If you just push the white test switch on a working machine (without battery replacement or clear chip) it will go through some information displays and you will hear clicks. That is normal.

3. Then I close the front door, slide the latch down, and use the reset key. I don't know if I'm doing that right because I just turn it 90 degrees and leave it. Should I turn it 90 degrees and then turn it back?

The reset key switch should be spring loaded to return on it's own, if it does not, turn it 90 then turn it back. It should be a momentary switch. On a working machine that will get you in the accounting menus. Normal.

4. After turning the reset switch 90 degrees, the machine acts like it wants to come up, but never really does. Sometimes I get 9999s flashing in the Winner Paid and Credits LEDs, sometimes I get '2' in the Coins Played, and if I futz with the Bet One Credit button, I can eventually get the reels to spin. But they always finish in the same position, between the 7's and the 'BAR'.

This is probably the accounting menus.

5. Inevitably it will then revert to the 61

My main problem, I think, is that it never gets to 61-1 when I hit or press the white reset button.

Reread the 61 error information and try again?

What should I try next, or what questions do you have that could help troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

I think you just want the machine powered up, 61 in the display,  press the white button, wait for beep and the display should change to 61 - 1, turn reset key (like momentary) and all should be good?

Tony
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline mikeflstfi

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 06:56:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply. The problem is I never get the 61-1 after pressing the white reset button. So I think any steps after that aren’t making any difference.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 07:13:11 PM »
You are correct. Have to get to 61-1. There is talk of the 61 loop. I believe you will need to get a clear and set chip to get passed that.

Tony

Sent you a PM.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline mikeflstfi

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 07:39:51 AM »
Would I need a set chip even if my slot doesn't have a bill validator? What are good sources for the clear chip? Just eBay or is there something more reliable? Thanks!

EDITED to clarify my slot does not have a bill validator.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 08:26:16 AM by mikeflstfi »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 08:05:10 AM »
Check your message box here on the forum,  I sent you a PM -personal message.

Member RB would be the one you could get clear and set chips from.

You would need the clear chip, I believe to get passed the 61 problem. You would need the set chip to re-enable your BV after the clear.

Give me a call if you like.

Tony
Tony

Offline mikeflstfi

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 10:01:50 AM »
I got in touch with RB and he is sending me a clear chip. I'll update the post once I get it and get this error cleared up. Thanks to everyone here so far!

Offline mikeflstfi

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2021, 01:23:17 PM »
I wanted to follow up. I got the chips from RB.

I followed the clear procedure successfully and installed the new game ROM and Reels ROM that RB suggested and the game is working. Now I just need to do clean up and some restoration stuff and it will be 100%.

Thanks for everyone’s help. This is a great community!

Mike

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 04:59:29 PM »
 :cool_thumb_up:
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal