New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Red White and Blue S+ slot machine  (Read 753 times)

Offline oly29

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • oly29 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Red White and Blue S+ slot machine
« on: December 19, 2021, 08:17:58 PM »
I worked for IGT for 21 years and helped design the board layout for this model. I am trying to fix a machine for a friend. Have replaced the battery with a new one and have the 61-2 code. The only problem is there is no white reset button to push in this machine. The board is mounted on the back wall and the machine I have has it mounted on the wall on the left of the hopper. The machine I am trying to fix has a bill accepter box but no bill guts. On my machine where the processor is mounted on the left side the reset button is on the front side of where the processor plugs into and where most of the harness is plugged into. The machine I am trying to fix is missing this reset button. Is there another way to get this machine to reset to clear this error?
Thanks
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 03:17:48 PM by knagl »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Red White and Blue S+ slot machine
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 08:50:38 PM »
Feel behind where the power toggle switch is -- the missing Self Test button is likely there.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline oly29

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 08:46:07 AM »
Thanks for the information. That is where it was at. Cleared the 61-2 code and hit the reset button which switched it to 61-1. Closed the door and turned the reset key and cleared the code. Tried putting in coins but the insert coin light and the coins played light now flash. Will not take coins.
I can try switching out the coin mech from my machine to the other to see if that will help.

Offline oly29

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 08:36:16 PM »
Well was having a 63 error code so I pulled out the processor and cleared the ram chip. Put it back in and that cleared the codes. Still does not take coins. So I pulled the coin acceptor out of my machine and installed it in the new machine and it takes coins and plays great. So will tell my friend that he needs to get a new coin acceptor.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 09:56:16 PM »
The flashing Insert Coin lamp and the flashing number in the Coins Played window are most likely indicators that the machine was just turned on and that the door was just closed (varies based on the SP chip installed in the machine).

Your friend might just need to make a small adjustment on the coin comparator to make it less likely to reject coins.  That's a simple fix worth trying before buying parts.  Here's a tutorial:

Slot machine repair - Coin Comparator adjustment to make it more likely to accept coins

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline oly29

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 12:43:46 PM »
After making my post I went to the coin comparator posts and then read to turn the pot counter clockwise and then try it again. It now accepts coins and is working again. Great site with a lot of good information.
Thanks

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 03:18:19 PM »
Congratulations on getting the machine working and thanks for letting us know how you fixed it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal