New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 200 coins when jp is 400 or more.  (Read 13329 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 200 coins when jp is 400 or more.
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2016, 09:27:31 PM »
Okay good, then back to the payout problem.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2016, 10:11:56 PM »
Jim, 

As an option to that plug, you could always convert it to a molex plug. I have those same plugs in my 955.. In my 955 it has one small board on the reels assembly and its full of diodes. It just plugs in a socket mounted on the reel assembly. Mine had a few bad diode causing the machine not to function. Once they were replaced the machine worked great. Does your machine have anything similar on it? I just remembered that board when I saw those plugs..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »
OK.  I am back.   Back to starting point again.  I pulled step up disc and cleaned.   Then cleaned all male pins.   
On the loose female strip, on right in above pic.   I gently pinched each one closed slightly.  Used a small round wire brush on the inside of each female connector.  Everything is back to where I was looking for why 3 triple bars, cions 2-5 pay like mixed bars.   Not giving up yet!

Jim

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2016, 01:29:08 PM »
Hi Gary, I may have to change of to Molex connector in the future.   Probably start getting parts now as I see them.  Fry's electronics have a good selection.   No diodes that I can see. 

Thanks,
Jim

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2016, 07:17:25 PM »
Jim,
Glad you're back to the main situation.
Fry's is okay in a pinch, but very pricey. I prefer Amazon unless the parts are coming from China.
The parts are okay, but I've been waiting one month to this day for some 24 pin IC sockets.
Well I ran the 809 just to confirm that it stops paying at $10.00 on 2 and 3 bars.
Still haven't checked the operation sequence on 3 bars.
Tomorrow will be joining 300 + scooter riders for a ride in Pacific Palisades.
Probably going to kick my butt.
So looks like next week before I get back to the 809.
Most likely you'll have the machine paying out perfectly by then.

Dave

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 07:53:15 AM »
Hey Dave, have a good day on the ride sounds like a nice trip.  Let me know the pays when you can.   Next week is fine, ain't no rush.  I will give amazon a look.
Jim

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2016, 07:48:36 PM »
Well I guess I am going to go to molex connectors on the step up unit.  Ever since I played with them, lites work intermittently. All payouts work then dont work. 
Jim

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2016, 06:33:29 AM »
These plugs appear to be in the back of the machine, would you be able to check continuity

If you plan on changing the plugs, what about tweaking pins one more time.
Then beep the connections.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2016, 02:23:38 PM »
Jim, here is a video of the odds unit set up for double Bars 5 coins in. Triple bars pays the same $10. out then it stops. The safety timer on the machine needs a little more time. I just hit reset bar and it finished paying out. Hopefully the link will work. Probably not much knowledge to gain
from the video, but it might help. 
https://youtu.be/tFzVjGmQcdE

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2016, 03:51:21 PM »
Hey, thanks for taking the time to confirm.   And its the x2 unit counting the 5 coin pay b/c its a jackpot of 400 or more coins, correct.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »
Jim, 5 nickels in the machine on double bars this machine is $25.00 500 nickels. Triple bars is 2000 nickels
The Any Bars on the machine I have here is only $5.00

So the maximum pay on your machine is still at the Any Bar level just on 3Bars or and also double Bars.

If there is anything you want me to check let me know.

I took a look at your glass again, on the machine I have the maximum pay is 3 Bars on the first coin.

Will try the lower pays at $15.00 to see what happens.
Okay got approximately $10.00, I say approximately because I counted by weight.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:33:28 PM by DavidLee »

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2016, 05:16:40 PM »
I think I am on a roller coaster.   

Haven't purchased molex stuff yet. 

Tonight, I figured I would clean contacts on hopper again b/c I thought this was a problem before, no luck. 

On the belly glass one of the coin lites werent working.  I think the 4th coin played lites.  Over the weekend while I had the step up disc out I hand drew the position and wire code and purpose of each pin on the two contact strips.   I looked at drawing and found that 4th coins pin, on the crappy right side.  So I closed the female connector some more.  Now all lites working again. 
Hopper would still run on w/o stopping.  Then i checked 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 coins.  Hopper only timed out on 1, 3 & 5 coins.   Checked my drawing and from step up disc, those x's pins too were all on the right side crappy connector strip.   Pinched all those females closed some more. 
Everything working again!!!!!
Well except for the 4 triple bars pay.  So back to start again.   Bought this machine cheap to learn on, so I am getting my moneys worth.

Then while putting stuff away, looking at drawing I made and schematic I think there is the wires 93-2 and 81 on the step up disc, these are on each side of jackpot swicth 1.   I should have cleaned the switches when i had the disc out about 8 times this weekend.   Will look into more, need a days rest.   

Jim

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2016, 12:29:24 PM »
Hi. Back online after technical problems. Don't have time right now to review thread but be aware that when reel board wipers are changed you must sometimes make cuts in them to separate different pay-types. One portion of the wiper is for mix bars & the other for match bars. Yours may have been replaced without the proper insulating cuts allowing the voltage to bleed over into the wrong circuit. Just to give you somewhere else to look...
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2016, 01:16:51 PM »
Damn it, your good.   I am glad I took pic'c of each wiper when  cleaning.   Note: only removed one at a time, cleaned, installed and then on to next one.   The pic below is of third wiper and schematic.
 Thanks a lot OldReno!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:48:49 PM by jimliner »

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
I hope that was it. Always mark your wipers. It is possible someone else put them back together wrong....
I use a sharpie to mark parts in case I get mixed up.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2016, 02:45:52 PM »
Ps, if you have single finger, unconnected to others, you might solder the 2 rivets to copper finger to keep it from getting loose and moving. 

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2016, 06:55:23 PM »
Thought it was solved.  Cuts look right.  Third reel starting at top goes 4, 2, 3.   Only one cut.  Top four bottom 5.   The bottom three rows arent used so I guess the after the top four it wont matter.   

I am going to keep tracing.  Checking and cleaning.   And rechecking.   

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2016, 08:07:39 PM »
Jim, have you tried insulating the Any Bar wiper blade contact. On the first reel wiper board with Any Bars set up you'll have continuity from the 90 wire all the way across. From the 1st reel wiper board trace the wire to the set of  coresponding contacts. Now cut a strip of tape and apply it over the contact(s). Run the machine with a 3 Bar set up. I'm curious as to what happens.
Re: tape, first  though was clear like scotch tape or blue painters tape. Use your best judgment.

Offline jimliner

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2016, 02:47:07 PM »
You know your a slot junkie when you leave work a few hours early to work on them. 

Started by checking all three wipers again to see that cuts were right.  Appear so.  Going to add to checklist for future problems.   

Next, used painters tape to cover the 2nd cut, 2 prong "any bars" on wiper reel 1.   
1 coin 3 TBars paid 200 coins, correct.   2-5 coins nothing.   

Spent another hour looking at schematics.   Schematics kept leading me back to jackpot lockup relay 1 and jackpot 1 switches.   

This took me back again to the encapsulated relay that doesn't match the others.   Last time I checked, I swapped it with others within this slot.  This time I took one from my 962. 

3 TBars, coins 2-5 paid 200 coins and locked up as it should.   Checked every pay and every one correct. Wow.

Closer look at the odd relay and its not the same current or voltage. 

I am going to need to replace relay from the 962 though.   Pic is relay I need to replace.

Thank you all for the help, if you all didn't keep feeding me things to check I wouldn't have kept at it.   All great ideas on things to check and ways to troubleshoot slots.   

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
Jim,
Glad you got the machine running correctly.
It was a great learning experience.
Personally I think you deserve 99% of the credit for sticking with it and solving the problem.
So what was the voltage of the relay you took out?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal