New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: V32 touch screen and open door B problems for A1 v32 to A2 V32 conversion.  (Read 2467 times)

Offline kclements

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • kclements New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Still working on my Alpha 1 to Alpha2  V32 conversion.

If I use the os 370 install CF I can toggle the key when the install screen loads and the touch screen works fine.  I can calibrate it with the cross hairs like normal. 

Everything responds as it should.

After I let any game load the touch screen no longer works.  There are no touch screen errors.

If I toggle the key on the side again I get the "touchscreen calibration"  screen that says to center the screen.

I toggle it again and I get "touch screen test" with the message "toggle key-switch to exit"

So I toggle it again and I am back to the main menu.   

during this time nothing on the touch screen is responsive.

There are no crosshairs that you would normally have for touch screen setup.

I have tried it with the main door open and the main door closed.

I am pulling my hair out on what is going on.

Also  with the ideck plugged into the 2 upper left backplane connectors I am getting a open door "B" error.   If I plug the original harness back into the back plane the error goes away.

What is the proper way to resolve this?

Do I have to remove the door "B" pin from the factory harness and install it in the ideck harness?   Can I just run a jumper somewhere on the ideck harness?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline kclements

• NLG
Ok I figured something out about the T/S issue.

If you power up the machine without the video connector of the ideck plugged in to the primary VGA port on the CPU then the touchscreen on the 32" monitor works.

If the ideck video is plugged in to the primary vga port on the CPU then the 32" monitor touch does not work.

I have tried running the clear card and rebooting the machine with the ideck plugged in other video ports but the only one that seems to output video to the ideck is the primary on the CPU (this is the port it is suppose to be in)

I was able to configure texas dice and play it by,

Booting the machine with the ideck video unplugged.

Configuring it with the 32" monitor,

rebooting the machine with the ideck video plugged in.

at which time I used the ideck to play the game for a while.   I checked the 32" monitor and touch did not respond.

So I am baffled.  I really dont know what is going on.

I should mention that the video going to the 32" is coming from the DVI connector on the Video Card.

Offline kclements

• NLG
Ok after messing with different things for a while I finally figured it out.

Alright here it goes.

1st attempt at getting it working.

Original monitor was a 2009 Tatung L32LA50 with a ELO touch screen driver.  Apparently the touch driver must not like working at the same time as the ideck.  It works fine by itself but as soon as the ideck is plugged in, it no longer works.  Wondering if it is a com port issue and if so can I manually select a com port with a jumper on the ELO touch driver?

2nd attempt

I had a 32" UTI monitor laying around that I had to install a new power supply in.  Now with texas dice everything works as it should. Both the monitor touch works and the Ideck touch works. Perfect!  Or so I thought.  I load Quick hits platinum plus and now the monitor wont hold the resolution properly. Seems like the game has larger resolution then texas dice.   The picture is stretched out past the edges slightly.   Auto adjust doesnt help.  The menu only has left/right and up/down adjustment.  No size adjustment!  Whats up with that?  Oh well.   I actually like the picture on the monitor. I will just have to use it for a standard V32.

3rd attempt 

I have a few 2011 Tatung L32LD45 monitors that were new in the box when I got them.  I knew from previous experience using them in this setup that they wont hold the video either.  Every time the game loads the screen starts doing funny things.  This is only in the higher res Alpha 2 setup.  The normal A1 V32 stuff works perfect.   So I swapped in a brand new A/D board that I got from Gametek that was in the previously mentioned L32LA50  and bam!  Everything works like it should (Video that is) 

Just got done playing Quick hits Platinum Plus for a bit.

So I think I either need to update the firmware in my L32LD45 A/D boards or get new ones.

Still haven't figured out what to do about the open door "B" error.   I am leaning towards making a jumper wire between the factory harness and the ideck harness.

Also on my list of things to do.   

Get the audio working.    I have the factory headphone plug hanging but nothing to plug it into.  The A2 V2.1 CPU doesnt have an audio output on the back.
I have a 5.1 Audio card but not sure how to install it.  I think it requires harness's I do not have.

Figure out how to get the 18" video topper working.   

I plug in the power cable to the cabinet and the monitor does not light up.   The A/D Board on the topper has a green light and the software thinks the monitor is working but there is no picture.   I think though that the pinout is different and that I am not getting one of the voltages needed to light the monitor.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Wow, never had any of your issues when I converted my A1 V32 to A2.  Are you using a conversion backplane or did you rig up an A2 Pro backplane to work?  Are you using an OEM A2 V32 monitor? Or are you just trying to get a generic 32 inch touchscreen monitor to work?

I don't know why you are getting open door B errors.  The iDeck harness that I have and even made a cable for it, only connect to the player panel button molex with 1 wire and then 3 more wires to the molex that controls the lights on the player panel.  The door switches are on another plug.

The topper I have to go back and check, but I remember having to move a pin over when doing one of my conversions, but it might have been a wave topper I had to do that to.  I believe both the 15" and the 18" topper both have the same pinout as a standard A1 LCD monitor.  I have an 18" topper on my a1 V32 conversion and it works correctly.

The video connections on most a2 games are as follows:

Main monitor goes to either the dvi connector on the video card or the right most Display port connector.
iDeck always connects to the top vga port on the mpu
Topper connectes to the bottom vga port on the mpu, unless it is a digital wheel game, or a newer game like wonka, dragaon spins, Monopoly Millionaire, cirque, etc. then the topper goes to the leftmost display port connector.  These games also require a 2GB video card like a K2000 or a K620.

The iDeck uses a USB touchscreen, so there should be no com port confusion between it and the V32 monitor.  If you are having issues, then it is not a supported configuration.  The com port is determined where you plug the touchscreen, the touchscreen controller does not determine what com port it uses. For the record, the touchscreen on the V32 is always plugged into the top com port on the mpu.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline kclements

• NLG
Rickhunter,

Thanks for the reply.

This thing is throwing me for a loop.

I am using the conversion backplane.    All of the monitors are OEM A1 V32 monitors  not A2 V32 monitors.   The A2 has a different cabinet mounts.

As for the door B error.  It would be nice to know where the door B wire actually goes on the backplane side.
Are there any wiring schematics for A1 V32's out there?   I have a wiring diagram but it does not say what pins the wires go to if I remember correctly.

If you could check on the pinout of your topper that would be great. 

Also I have no audio since I am running a A2 V2.1 CPU.   I just have the factory headphone jack hanging right now since there is no place to plug it into the CPU.
I have a 5.1 audio card but upon looking at it, I dont think I have the proper cables to install it. 

Thanks for your help.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
The 5.1 audio card is worthless in my opinion, mine is sitting in a box unused for the last 3 years.  Unless you hook up all 5 speakers, you are going to be missing sounds during gameplay.  I would just get the regular sound card and be done with it.  You will need a custom harness to connect power and left/right audio.  If the game requires the 5.1 card, just unplug the USB connector from the sound card before the game boots up for the first time after a clear, but leave the digital sound coax cable attached.  The game will play sounds, but the user volume button won't work, you will have to control volume through the attendant menu.  If you are using the conversion backplane, you should just be able to connect all the molex plugs where they belonged before, that's the whole point of the conversion backplane.  The iDeck only uses power and connections to the player panel buttons and player panel lights, there should be no connection to other cabinet switches.  So I still don't know why you would have an open door B issue.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
Video topper power cable.  Just look at all the wires and make sure the same color wires follow through into the power connector as shown.  The one circled wire means there is no corresponding wire coming from the cabinet.

Offline kclements

• NLG
Great!  I will check it out tonight in a bit when I get home.

Thanks for the pics!

Offline RVC

• Reputation Power: 3
  • RVC New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:23:55 PM by RVC »

Offline kclements

• NLG

Thanks RVC   That is the answer I was looking for!  I figured it had to be something like that.

if you are using the conversion backplane door B is in the Player Led Lights connector, you must make a jumper between pin 19 and 20

Offline kclements

• NLG

Well  my colors are slightly different.   However from what I can tell it looks to be the same as yours.   

Maybe if you find time you could the voltage on each pin? 

Video topper power cable.  Just look at all the wires and make sure the same color wires follow through into the power connector as shown.  The one circled wire means there is no corresponding wire coming from the cabinet.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
Yellow 24 volts, Blue 12 volts, red 5 volts, and black is ground. 

I would check voltage on the other end of the cable (the end that connects to the monitor on the topper for voltage.  Make sure 5,12, and 24 are present.

Offline kclements

• NLG

Thank you Rick!!!

After work tonight I looked at my topper harness again,   The primary 24v wire going to the monitor was in the spot in the connector that went to nothing on the cabinet "game power" side.   I made a quick jumper to test it and my video topper works!   Interestingly enough  yours is opposite of mine.   The thick yellow wire/green stripe with thin yellow wire/green stripe  are in the opposite spots of my connector.  This must have happened in production as both my toppers were new in the box and are wired like this.

Yellow 24 volts, Blue 12 volts, red 5 volts, and black is ground. 

I would check voltage on the other end of the cable (the end that connects to the monitor on the topper for voltage.  Make sure 5,12, and 24 are present.

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 122
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I think I found your "Old Monitors won't work with A2 Video cards" problem.  Was working on our Lightning Jackpots A1 cabinet that was converted to A2 (Customer wanted it to work with an Ideck).

Top A1 32" monitor needed an Emulator added for the A2 Video Card to "see" the monitor and transmit in the correct resolution. Even has a Bally Part number on it, so it was an OEM release. Looks like you can find them on ebay too.

Photos attached.

Hope this helps!

Offline kclements

• NLG
Thanks FireballJackpot!!!!

I just got one new off amazon since they were not that much more then Ebay.

I will post back after I get it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal