New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Odd errors on some new BB1 games  (Read 5332 times)

Offline Rane420

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Rane420 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Odd errors on some new BB1 games
« on: May 17, 2016, 09:23:07 PM »
I noticed quite a few pretty inexpensive games on eBay that I thought might be fun on my BB1.  I decided to take a complete gamble and picked up six titles.

Mojo Rising - Not yet tested
Mayan Sun - Got strange error in BB1
Mystical Fortunes - Got strange error in BB1
Golden Pearl - tested fine in BB2
Top O' The Mornin' - tested fine in BB1
Wolverton - Not yet tested

As you can see above, of those I've tested 50% have been great.  The vendor was quite clear about no refunds in advance.  I'm not calling foul or complaining that some have issues.  I expected it to be likely. 

That said, the errors seem strange to me so I thought I'd ask if anyone has run across it before.  I got the same error on both the failed games. So I'm only posting pics of one.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:43:24 PM by Rane420 »
Corey

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Odd errors on some new BB1 games
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 09:28:41 PM »
I think that crazy diamonds is a mechanical 5 reel game.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 09:41:11 PM »
Ya, I'm kind of suspecting the cards got overwritten with the crazy diamonds game.

I had some last ditch hopes that maybe I was just doing something stupid and that is a defaulted message.

Since both failed games use a D1.3 OS I'm not familiar with and it resulted with the same exact error.  It seemed somewhat unlikely they'd have both been overwritten with the same game.  But, I guess that is more likely than a defaulted message referring an unrelated game :-)
Corey

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 09:48:17 PM »
That's a bummer.
That golden pearl game you got is a neat one.
Good luck with the rest of them  :yes:

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 09:50:41 PM »
Man, I would never buy WMS BB games on eBay, unless you know that the seller is somebody reputable from around here.  But that's me.  Cards can be overwritten and since they are finicky and so many versions are available, I view it as a big gamble...especially if the seller pounds the "NO REFUNDS" drum over and over before the sale.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 09:56:01 PM »
Thanks, it seems like it could be pretty fun.  I haven't had much chance to play it yet, but I tend to gravitate towards any of the games the drop new symbols after a win.

As for the errors, it seems even stranger the more I think about it.  I pulled up a video of a crazy diamonds game and it certainly does not look like something that would use compact flash cards...
Corey

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 10:15:41 PM »
Thanks Jason, it seems good advice :-) 

I think I paid between $25 and $35 for each of the games and honestly wasn't expecting much. My thought was that even if all the games failed miserably the cards themselves may come in handy at some point.  I haven't played with it yet, but wouldn't mind backing up some of my favorite games just in case the cards they are on get corrupted.  I don't know how often they go bad, but I assume it happens.
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 11:16:28 PM »
Actually the cards were not overwritten.  Crazy Diamonds is the original theme, and then WMS cloned the game and sold it as Mystical Fortunes and Mayan Sun.  Both games have the same paytable and gameplay.  If you look at the firmware ID, I'd bet they both say S800-00-xxxx.  Sometimes they put a letter after the S800 to denote the title is a clone.   In order to bypass the entire jurisdiction approval, they just use the previously approved firmware (S800) for other games.  IGT does that a lot with their stepper games as well.  There is a Mayan Sun video title that came out later, a completely different game though, that one is a video title, the firmware id is DC82-00-1XXX.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 04:47:58 AM »
Thanks Rick, that makes sense now why they both are getting the same errors. Do you know anything about the requirements of the machine that would be needed to run these? You mentioned that the DC82-00-1XXX is a video version, does that mean that this software is a reel version?
Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 04:53:42 AM »
Yes Crazy Diamonds/Mayan Sun/Mystical Fortunes are bb1 5 reel mechanical games, they are the hot hot super jackpot type and require the extra bet button.  The DC82 games is a video title and is a totally different game, they only share the same name.  WMS did that for a few titles in their reel games and it gets confusing sometimes because you don't know which one it is unless you see the firmware ID.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 05:18:51 AM »
That makes me feel better that the cards are likely good since the other two I tested were.  Sadly I don't have a 5 reel bb1 machine. I checked the invoice and I'm only out $50 total on the two of them.  Aside from eBay in general, if I would have noticed they were on 128mb cards that probably would have been a good sign they would not have held the two games I had googled.  Looks like the Crazy Diamond clone was popular for the later remakes.  Here's a pic of the Mystical Fortunes I thought I was buying.

It was worth it for the education. 
Corey

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 05:55:20 AM »
The game in the picture wouldn't have run on a BB1 anyway.  Reel Boost series games require an NXT2 MPU and dual widescreen monitors. 

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 06:45:31 AM »
That is also good to know and would have provided a clue I was on the wrong track :-)  I was basing my thinking on the OS being SSOG and I remembered having read that most of the SSOS and SSSG games will work on either BB1 or BB2.  Which if I had the actual cards for the game pictured and not the five reel BB1 version, would no longer have been the case.
Corey

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 11:43:54 AM »
SSOS will not work on NXT2 or BB2s
-------
Charles

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal