New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pin Connector  (Read 9805 times)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Pin Connector
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 09:27:40 AM »
Glad you got the pin fixed.
So does the machine only pay one coin on all of the payouts or just certain ones?
Check payout step up unit for the following. It could be Jammed up with old grease / lubricants, the white gear is missing teeth. This unit can be manually manipulated and reset as a way of testing its functionality.
Also the hopper pivot arm via contacts sends the signal to the payout unit. There might be a problem with the contacts or the pivot arm adjustment.
At least you know the hopper and the payout unit are functional.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:58:09 PM by cowboygames »

Offline capt7310

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • capt7310 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 03:25:56 PM »
Hi Dave, yes it was paying out 1 coin at a time, then I cleaned the contacts and now it's a total mess nothing working. The winner paid stays on continuously, the coin accepted does not light when coins added. I've checked wires and can't seem to find anything broken or missing, and I just lighted touched the contacts for cleaning.
If I manually spin the spiral cam unit at one point it will activate the hopper and pay out 20+ coins. But just placing the coins through the coin mech nothing happens. I'm not giving up I know it's there and I will get this up and running. Thanks for your help.

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 03:31:14 PM »
It seems as some photo's didn't get into the reply., so I reposted them...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »
Seems like more times than not, trying to fix one minor problem multiplies into two or three.
Hang in there, off the top of my head it sounds like a loose or broken wire. Also check continuity between the contact and the wire solder joint. I've come across blades that were broken between the stack blocks, but this is rare. I believe the first coin in resets the machine and sends the spiral cam back to the zero switch.
Check  to see if the zero switch is adjusted correctly and also look to see if the rubber bumper is sticky.
Like the air cylinder cup this rubber part can become gooey. You can manually advance and reset the payout unit. Beware you might replace the hopper and the machine might start working again. That really bugs me sometimes, but it's a good thing knowing its most likely a loose connection or something minor.
This is one of the reasons I like working on these machines. The challenges are endless, but the learning and accomplishment is rewarding.
Don't hesitate to post any thing that might narrow down the problem.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2016, 05:44:06 PM »
Actually the spiral cam is reset when the reels. If I remember correct its the B switch on the left side of the reels. If your machine is paying one coin short on only the two coin payout, then you might have to slightly bend the payout finger on the 2 coin trace. If your 1 off on all payouts, then adjusting the zero stop can fix that. Best way I have found to check the relays is to use my meter on each contact. Hook the leads to the wire ends, then close and open each contact. Sometimes they look closed or good, but the tarnish on the contacts does not allow the voltage to flow or pass. I clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol and a folded piece of paper. Never file or sand them, just clean them.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2016, 06:52:56 PM »
Switch stacks activated by coils have small springs attached to the armature. Check to see if these are in place. Also armature movement and return under spring tension is good.

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »
Unfortunately my electrical skills are not the greatest. I added some more pics if you see something that might be NG, that rubber stopper I have a pic of is it supposed to be offset and I have your basic harbor freight meter and don't know which settings it goes to test the relays (see pic). Sorry new to the Bally's have been a Pachislo slot guy for awhile and enjoy both. As always thanks to all for your input.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2016, 05:52:57 PM »
Had thought, could have blown the fuse that protects the 54 volt AC circuit. Fuse holders are usually located at the bottom rear of the machine. Just a thought.

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 05:53:29 AM »
Yup,  checked and re-checked all fuses good and can't seem to find any broken or loose wires. I know something I touched caused the problem because it was working with at least 1 coin from the hopper. I'll keep looking and reading as I said I wish I was better with the electrical end cause I know that the issue.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 09:08:19 AM »
Try resetting machine by pulling handle.
This can be done with the machine on by holding the handle release lever. See attached photo.
Always use caution when place hands in a live machine!

The machine appears to be a 742-a.

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2016, 05:15:31 PM »
Hey Dave, Don't have that solenoid by the lever handle and everything else is there. Crazy I moved the coin hopper in out left right and the winner paid came off and the coin acceptor came on and now  it's back to paying 1 coin.......Ahhhhhh!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2016, 05:43:53 PM »
Great, that's a good feeling and a big relief.  Except your back where you start, also good.
One coin out and it stops.  :scratch-head_3: Set up a payout, after the hopper spits out one coin. If the pivot arm roller is accessible. Try pulling it up one time to see what happens. I don't think anything will, but listen for any type of noise / clicking.
Also without a coin in set up a payout then drop a coin or just trip the coin in switch to see what happens.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2016, 03:12:09 PM »
Check out the attached photos.

Also how do you get the machine to reset after the 1 coin comes out.

Can you just re coin it or do you need to shut the power off?

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2016, 04:08:49 PM »
Dave I just keep playing. FYI I'm messing with it right now and don't no how it just paid out 4 coins. I'll give it a few more adj. then it's time for an adult beverage...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2016, 04:14:02 PM »
Making progress, good deal.
The machine is a 777s and Bar machine?

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2016, 05:30:20 AM »
Morn Dave, Yes it's pink 7's. I have a pic here, take a look. Exactly where the spiral cam contacts are that's where it seems to stop and not move any further and justs keeps spitting out that 1 coin. The plunger goes down the 1 coin comes out then the cam moves back up to the 1 coin position and won't go any further unless I manually move it by hand then it will spit out 20 coins. So I'm missing something whether it's a contact issue or a relay it just won't rotate passed that one point in the photo.  Paul

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2016, 10:19:19 AM »
Looking at the payout unit the contacts seem to be half way onto the metal receiver strips.
They should be at the beginning of the strips as every coin is cycles under the roller pivot arm the payout step moves one time. As it moves off the strips the power to the hopper motor I'd cut off.
Is the spiral cam returning all the way back to the stop?
Some how the motor is loosing power after the first coin out, as we know.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »
Hello Paul,

Just thinking, which is rare.
On the Pin Connector post mark it (Topic Solved). Then start a new post, Hopper stops after 1 coin out.
Or something to that effect. Most likely you will get a lot of replies.

Dave

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2016, 04:56:43 PM »
Well if you think it's rare you have been a great help and I will start a new post. Thanks Dave

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2016, 05:08:46 PM »

topic Solved

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal