New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 5500 Pro Slot DBV 200 Not working  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Fisk167

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Fisk167 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 5500 Pro Slot DBV 200 Not working
« on: July 17, 2016, 06:12:34 AM »
New Bally Owner, I'm not sure if the slot is setup right as far as dip switches and programing options. I turn on machine it does its boot up and bill validator cycles. I hear the motor cycling and after its done the bill validator turns red. Very clearly stated on the front panel it say "install bills face up when Green". the coin comparator and coin hub is working. I just replaced the battery and did a full reset. Any help would be appreciated. I don't have the manual so I'm lost...Thanks

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally 5500 Pro Slot DBV 200 Not working
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 06:59:08 AM »
Open the head on the DBV and clean the optics lenses with a dampened cloth of water only .

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 07:42:42 AM »
If the DBV-200 is taking in a bill, then a second or two later it rejects it back to you it could be because the software inside the DBV is older and does not recognize the bill you are using. As you know US paper money ($5, $10, $20, etc) has changed and been redesigned over the years. The exception is the $1 bill. Have you tried a $1 bill to see if it works?

Here is a page from a manual I found, you can check dipswitch JW3 to see if it is set for DBV.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:00:12 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Fisk167

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 09:34:53 AM »
cleaned optics and checked dip switches on dbv and I did find diagnostic switches 1-6 dip#1 on position. According to manual it should be off unless testing is being done. Dbv200  is lit red and does not feed any bills in. I was wondering if the bvd has to be activated on mother board? I don't know how to get to the s5500 diagnostic/option setting menu...Thanks for your help

Offline Fisk167

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 09:47:16 AM »
Checked s5500 mbu J3 dip 5&6 are correct.Thanks

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 10:01:17 AM »
Did this problem just happen recently, or the way the machine was when you got it? Did the seller demo the machine and all was ok before it was moved to your location? Some background is always helpful to eliminate things when trying to determine what might be the problem.

Not pulling in a bill could be a few different things, such as a defective dbv, dbv not activated, no power to dbv (but that should be ok since the dbv cycles on machine powerup), etc. What condition is cabling to dbv, does it all look ok, connected?

Does the machine work ok otherwise, with coins? Check the security switch on cash box and cash door.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:32:11 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 10:17:03 AM »
...I don't know how to get to the s5500 diagnostic/option setting menu...Thanks for your help

There are some Bally 5500 manuals in the NLG download area, for access to them you'd need to become a Contributing Member, even a small donation would get you access for 30 days, plus the ability to list stuff for sale in the Classifieds Area. Most people find the site well-worth a donation for all the help and information available. However, each person gets to make that decision, it doesn't influence the volunteer help you receive to your questions.

I believe you are right about the DBV dipswitches, all OFF for normal operation. Any chance the person that sold the machine to you just stuck a DBV in there to fill the hole? The DBV has to have the correct internal software compatible with the particular model of machine it is installed in, otherwise no communication between dbv and mpu board. How about posting a few photos of your machine, and of the dbv itself showing the stickers on it (usually topside) and of the bottom of dbv showing the rom chip and dipswitches?

The manual mentions a COIN MECH switch on the mpu, it is used to enable or disable the coin acceptor and the bill acceptor. Looks like it is a toggle switch, might try switching it to see what happens, then switch it back.

I think there is a TEST button on the front of the mpu tray? When you did the full reset do you mean you did the CLEAR procedure? If so, didn't you have to use the TEST button for that? The RESET button just clears a machine tilt/error, and is used to exit the diagnostic menus.

PS> I see this is your first time posting, Welcome to NLG!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:58:32 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline Simon Barsinister

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 11:50:20 AM »
On a 5500 dip #1 on dip pack 2 should be on, it enables the stacker.  The other thing to consider is moving dip #10 on dip pack 1 to the other position, this dip toggles between ID Protocol. 

Offline Fisk167

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 11:52:55 AM »
Fixed only accepts ones but it works. I followed the DBV 200 manual and started the standalone led test . Powered down, Pulled validator out , only plug in 6 pin cable on left side set diagnostic dip #6 on, power back on , while powered up I set diagnostic #6 dip back off. It went through a reset mode and led on front went to green. while still holding it I ran a dollar bill through and it went straight through. I also found the bill mechanism behind validator to be jammed. Repaired the jam and it works ....awesome ...thanks everyone that's help me

Does anyone know if their is any upgrades out there for the newer bills?

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 09:13:14 AM »
New subject from Fisk167    See http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=12104.0
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal