New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: s 2000  (Read 5894 times)

Offline meatman1010

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • meatman1010 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
s 2000
« on: March 30, 2017, 11:47:34 PM »
Hi, I got 2 s 2000 s  that come up ram error . The batterys are good. Will I have to do a 97  then a 17  and reset all the settings in them. Thank you

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: s 2000
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 04:47:29 AM »
If you just replaced the battery you should just have to turn the jackpot key about 3 times and press the button on the MPU when the display requests it. Close the door and put the latch down and you should be good to go.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 10:00:35 AM »
check that the battery is in the correct direction. and if your using a holder make sure its making good contact i see faulty holders all the time.

Offline meatman1010

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 03:18:38 PM »
Hi I booted it up , made that noise ,sad ram error turned key , pushed button , it said please close main door, I did that with latch down fully and it is staying like that ..any ideas ..thank you

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »
It should have required about 3 key turns to get to close the main door message. When you close the main door then put the latch down the display should change it's message and start sequence through normal operation. If it does not change you may have optic alignment issues.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline meatman1010

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 04:41:50 PM »
hi I think it is optic issues . I have 2 machines that are doing that. I try to aline them but still says close door and stays like that???? thanks...any other things I can try?

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 04:53:12 PM »
Try bypassing the door optics. There's a sticky topic in the S2000 topic area for doing it

Offline meatman1010

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 04:54:36 PM »
hi, should I take the optics from a working machine out and try it on one of them?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 05:04:44 PM »
Yep, if you have a set that's a good idea.

Offline meatman1010

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 05:08:59 PM »
Thanks, I will try now

Offline meatman1010

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 10:34:33 PM »
Hi, changed the optics from another machine and still it's stuck at close the door, all the conections seem to be good . This is happening in  booth machines, the triple cash and triple  diamond 5 times pay. Should I do a clear and  key  or just a key. Thank you .  I am really stumped on this .

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 03:03:34 AM »
Have you checked the integrity of the wiring? You may have MPU problems where the green varta battery is/was mounted

Offline meatman1010

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2017, 09:25:19 PM »
I will check the wiring and connections .thank you

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 05:03:46 AM »
S2000 door optics are wired in series with the belly door switch.  Before you start tearing into harnesses and swapping optics, just make sure that belly door switch is not loose, both wires connected in the right spots, etc.  Maybe try pushing the switch closed with the door open.

If you go into the I/O menu, under the cpu I/O, there's an entry for the door optic, normally it should show zero, and when you shine a flashlight on it, it'll turn to one.  That'll tell you if you have any issues with the switch or wiring.  Again, the belly door switch has to be closed or you won't get anything on the optics.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 05:30:37 AM »
Try closing the door while the alarm noise is on. If the alarm noise continues while the door is closed then it is the CPU board.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 01:48:31 AM »
Have you checked the integrity of the wiring? You may have MPU problems where the green varta battery is/was mounted

:I_agree_1:

If the green Varta battery has leaked, the traces on the MPU board right under the battery are inconveniently the ones that deal with the main door status for the machine.

meatman1010: with the power off, remove the MPU tray and look at the small rectangular green battery.  Is it leaking, and is there damage to the board from the leaking acid?  If so, that's your likely culprit.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline meatman1010

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 10:56:40 PM »
Hi, there's no leaking. I checked th voltage on the board where the battery is and it reads 3.6 . It says close the door and thats as far as I get . Even took power supply off and put it back on , check all connections.  This really has me stumped !,, thanks .don't know what else to do

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 06:35:05 AM »
even though the battery isn't " leaking" , is there any green/ blueish-green crusting on any of the components around the battery?  if any white substance around the battery or on it?   if yes to any of these conditions, then you probably have trace damage to the board.  This is a classic example when there is damage to the board, you cannot get past the main door open prompt.  if you can get into the diagnostic test mode, (press the button on the cpu board and the left two buttons should be lit)  go down to the #4 test, get into the processor tests and go to the second test which is the main door test, if you have the door closed and the latch down and the "0" stays a zero, then you are not getting the door optic signal. 

you will have to replace both of your boards to get your machines fixed. no way around it, other than fix the damage yourself. there was a new post yesterday explaining how to do this.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 08:42:15 AM »
yes, someone may have replaced the battery and it checks good, but the board could still have battery leakage damage from a previous battery.

Post a photo of the board area near the battery.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline meatman1010

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2017, 06:41:44 PM »
hi here are some pics. I resoderd . on top and bottom reads 3.6

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal