New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ RED,WHITE,AND BLUE Fixed But new issue  (Read 9991 times)

Offline jim k-falls

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jim k-falls New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ RED,WHITE,AND BLUE Fixed But new issue
« on: May 12, 2014, 03:46:11 PM »
After running sometime my dad asked me " why don't any quarters come out of this machine when I get a win?".. :applause: I said its giving you credits and its finally working, just enjoy it and have some fun..He then asked me " what if I want to move to another machine"? :Tongue_Out: I told him to hit the cash out button .. it spit out a couple of quarters here we are :EmoticonHelp4: error code 32 and its in tilt/limbo mode again..i tried open and closing the door and power off and on..turned the jackpot key and I can get some other numbers to display, but it seems to go back to 32
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:40:53 PM by jim k-falls »
Better late than Pregnant

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S+ RED,WHITE,AND BLUE Fixed But new issue
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 05:25:19 PM »
Are you sure it didn't just pay out 32 quarters to your dad?  32 isn't an error code.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:30:47 PM »
No he said it was a couple and I open and closed the door and it spit out 2 once and 4 the next time..i thought it was trying to cash out ..we only had 15 credits and its payed way more than that just opening and closing the door a few times..plus the 15 credits is still blinking on the display..

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 05:57:19 PM »
Tell dad to put more money into the hopper. Probably not enough in there for the pinwheel to grab them.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 06:46:04 PM »
lol, its got all my quarters from my classic  @ 500 in the hopper and looks like its 1/4 full..plenty for a 15 credit cash out

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 08:33:04 PM »
One dime, or washer in the coin mix can cause the hopper to fail.

Dump out all of the coins and search for anything that is not a quarter.

They usually slip under the knife and don't get counted.

Open and close the door to reset the tilt.

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 09:04:32 PM »
I dumped out the hopper and there was 2 nickles in there(grandson), but the real funny thing is I bench tested the hopper and it works fine..dumps them out faster than my old e/m's..all I have to do to reset this is lift the latch on the door and it spins and makes noise and spits out 2 quarters, and goes back to 32 in winner paid, and 15 in credits both blinking. :no: :duh: think I got demons in this one, but I do enjoy a challenge..im going to pull the hopper out and try to get it to change #'s and get out of this loop.

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 09:25:44 PM »
well, its doing the same with the hopper out, so is it possible that the cash out circuit doesn't know what to do, because of me using the clear chip?..

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 10:38:39 PM »
Or your coin out optics are bad or misaligned or your knife got damaged by the nickle, is it sitting flush with the top ledge of the pinwheel?

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 11:32:17 PM »
I don't know about the optics, but the knife looks good and tight..i will take a pic of it in the morning and I do remember before the first problem with the LED 's I ran some of the test and the hopper was suppose to count ten coins and I had to push the test button to stop it from emptying, so mabe

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 07:46:23 AM »
everything looks ok, but ill let you guys take a look..is there a simple way to check the optics or is it the output test?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 08:24:57 AM »
The output test is one way but here is another test you can try.

Unplug the hopper and leave it out of the machine. Connect a normally closed pushbutton with some long wires extending out of the machine to the two pins mentioned below, go to the output test and enable it, start tapping the pushbutton quickly to simulate the coin out.

If the machine counts down you know everything from the hopper to the MPU board is good and your coin out optics are bad.

If it still tilts you know it there is a problem from the hopper plug to the MPU board.

There are only 6 pins on the machine side hopper plug and they are numbered.

7   8

9  10

0 (large pin hole)

11 12

Left to right, top to bottom.

The coin out optic is pin 9 which is machine ground and pin 8 which is optic output.

Optic output is normally at ground level when no coin is blocking it because the optic transmitter IR signal is hitting the receiver and saturating it's opto-transistor making the output (no coin blocking) at ground level.

When a coin (out) is blocking the optic the output is high and the opto- transistor is turned off.

Connect the pushbutton to pins 8 and 9 and run the hopper output test.

Tap the pushbutton quickly to simulate coins out.

If the machine counts down the coins then you know your hopper optic is bad.

Caution, pins 11 and 12 will have 120VAC on them when the machine is trying to turn on the hopper.

Offline IFFV68

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.IFFV68 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »
I'm sure it doesn't matter but,
One of your Quarters looks like it could be made of Silver  or maybe it's just an odd ball.
If it went thru & the game and  played  it doesn't matter.
Just a thought.
It's not what you can afford to Buy?
It's what you can afford to keep!

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 11:56:53 AM »
I see the quarter your looking at and it made me go look..lol its the back of a new Oklahoma  kinda looks like a standing liberty, but its a bird.now as far as this test goes..are the 2 wires that im putting on, the only thing I need?..no power to the hopper needed?

Offline jim k-falls

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 04:20:25 PM »
Ok, I made the jumpers with switch and got it to hopper test mode clicked the hell out of it and nothing happened..so I cleared the game chip and started over..its working now and I told my dad not to push the cash/credit button until I find out more about the coin optics. Mabe tonite when he gets tired of playing it I will do the output test.thanks again for all the help and advice..And special thanks to Buzz for the clear and game chips..my old man is having a blast and its good to see him get out of his power recliner.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 06:00:06 PM »
The issue may be with the MPU since it acts as the CPU and the I/O on these machines.
For now just pull down on the cash out switch so it no longer is in the bottom of the button assembly. That way if someone does hit the cashout by accident nothing will happen.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 06:28:57 PM »
Some people just tape a plastic cap over the cashout button.

I would recommend that solution as those 20 + year old plastic housing tend to crumble in your hand
if you try to snap the switch out of it's holder.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 02:01:53 PM »
Looking at the hopper pictured in Reply #10, is that the right hopper?  I'm looking specifically at the coin-out area -- that doesn't look like my S+ hoppers.

My only thought was that it could be the 'high security' hopper, but the odds of one of those being in an early S+ seem pretty low.

jim k-falls, looking at the point where coins exit the hopper and trip that small piece of black plastic, does that lead to a microswitch or a set of optics?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 02:32:37 PM »
That roller has an arm and a flag on the backside that blocks the optics when the roller goes over a coin. Most of those style were used on dollar hoppers but can be converted to use for quarters. As I remember you had to remove that roller arm assembly and just mount the optics directly to the hopper base.
A picture of the backside of the hopper might help my memory.  :arrowthruhead:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 03:10:07 PM »
yes that was a high security device they installed on all hoppers. the reason:  people figured out if they shinned a laser pen up into the optics, it would cancel out the optic from seeing the coins coming out. Thus ,it would empty the hopper.  this added a cover to the optics and a mechanical linkage between the coin and the optics, now when the coin moves the roller up it pushes a plastic tab into the optics simulating a coin passing through it.   If you remove this and mount directly to the hopper frame (there is nothing wrong in doing this)  put one or two small washers on the screw that holds it in place, the reason: its a long screw and it will touch the pinwheel and could possibly obstruct the wheel when it turns  . I have seen this screw with a groove worn in it because of the interaction.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal