New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 problems  (Read 10304 times)

Offline sportsman2381

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • sportsman2381 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 problems
« on: June 12, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »
Hello everyone, I have some problems with my slot machine. I hope someone can help. I have an IGT S2000 slot machine and first I had a Ram error and low main battery. I have replaced the main battery and the green varta battery and I cleared the ram error with the attendant key. Now I have closure M and door B open. The wires for the money box door were bypassed and twisted together and I also have power but my WBA 12/13 bill acceptor will not take any money. I was thinking of buying a Key 97 and Key 17 and trying the reset. Hope someone can help.

thanks,
Bill
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:33:01 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: IGT 2000 problems
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:33:28 PM »
Any signs of leakage where the old green Battery was?  If so, those traces that run under the Battery are notorius for causing the problem.  Board replacement is the best option if that is the case.

Offline sportsman2381

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 04:03:53 PM »
I checked the board and I didn't see any sign of leakage. I was thinking of replacing the whole board anyway to try that and the door I/O board too.

thanks,
Bill
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:30:08 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 06:46:30 PM »
Lets get a fresh start.. Is this a game that you have owned and played before, or is this something new you just bought? Your bill acceptor will not work until the errors are cleared..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 07:01:33 PM »
Has the belly glass door switch been bypassed?  That switch could be bad if it is still in there.

Offline sportsman2381

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 07:21:31 PM »
This was a new game i have purchased i have not played

The Belly switch is still in place and not bypassed

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 09:16:02 PM »

I just got my 1st IGT and this sounds very much like what I have been going through the last 4 or 5 weeks. I had the same RAM ERROR and found the main (coin cell) battery was bad on mine. My Varta battery (green one) was good and no PCB damage. I removed it like suggested every where by people who know. I got the clear/key chips and got my machine 'working' but the sound, hopper and BV (Bill Validator) did not work. I started on the easy problem, for me, the sound. Still not fixed. Checked the hopper and still not fixed. Finally, while waiting for new parts I decided to tackle the BV. The part I knew nothing about. Did the forum research and Goggled what I could. Almost every suggestion is - be sure the cash box is in all the way. I checked mine many times, it was in, and in all the way. The problem is I never really ran across why it should be in all the way. I took the BV mechanism out and looked at it, the 1st thing I noticed were the 2 'gap' sensors in the back that appeared at 1st glance to do nothing. I knew they were there for a reason, but did not see anything in particular at 1st glance. After removing the cash box and the entire housing and looking at it on the bench - the 'gap' sensors are there to tell the BV that the cash box is in place (home) and that the cashbox is or is not full off bills. I fixed mine this way.

The 2 small plastic spring loaded 'flags' in the back work like this. When the cash box is out (or not in all the way in) the flag on the right (looking in from the front) is for the 'Home' sensor. So when the cash box is out, the flag is spring loaded down, the 'gap' sensor is blocked, and the BV senses that the cash box is out and will not initialize the BV reader. When the cash box is in, the flag is pushed up out of the 'gap' sensor, it is unblocked and the sensor tells the BV that the cash box is installed. I had to loosen the 'gap' sensor PCB mounting screws on the back side of the BV and adjust it so the flag(s) could move freely without rubbing or hanging up on the 'gap' sensors. It is made to line up with the flags, but the PCB does move a very tiny bit from slop in the screw holes. I moved it to get it as far to the bottom of the BV reader (closest to the cash box) as possible, and made sure when the cash box was in all the way so it actually pushed the 'flag' out of the 'gap' sensor. That should get the BV to initialize if it is enabled in the setup menu, and the Netplex communication talks to it. (I also had to adjust the entire housing and cash box alignment bracket in side the housing, it was missing a screw and I made sure everything was assembled in such a manner to get the 'flags' and 'gap' sensors aligned perfectly. I don't think you should have to do all of this.)

The 2nd 'flag' is to tell the BV that the cash box is full of bills. It has to line up and move freely like the home sensor. Every time the BV runs, 2 motors work. One for the belts to feed the bill into the BV, the 2nd motor to drive the cash box mechanism to store the bill. That 2nd 'flag' gets actuated every bill store cycle and if the cash box ends up being full, the 'flag' can not be lowered enough to block the 'gap' sensor, telling the BV it has room for at least one more bill. This should not be much of a problem for home use as I figure most people will not fill up the cashbox to max full. Either way, the sensor has to work or the BV will think the cash box is full and the BV will tell the MPU PCB to display a message that the BV is full. I don't know as I have not tested that.

So, both 'Gap' sensors, both 'flags' and the plastic gears, the plastic unit that holds the gears and 'flags' have to be in working order for the BV to initialize. If the 'gap' sensors are shorted/open, the flags are broken, the plastic parts (gears and such) are wore out, or the BV has any other PCB/electronic problems, it won't work.

Check the 'flags' with the BV and cashbox out, look in the back and push the 'flags' with a finger and make sure they move freely and easy. Make sure they are there and not broken. If they look OK, put everything in and power up the machine. If it does not make any noise, initialize, then hit the cash box pretty hard to see if you can 'bounce' the flags in place for a bit to start the BV initialize. (I know it sounds like the bigger hammer syndrome, but believe it or not that is how I found out my BV did work) That is what got me to remove the entire housing and look at it on the bench and figure out how it works.

Any way, good luck and I hope this helps.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline sportsman2381

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 07:22:04 AM »
Thank you for the great advice. I will try that and see how it goes. Also, I did purchase a new MPU, I am going to change over anything and see how that goes. I will keep everyone posted.

thanks
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:32:14 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline sportsman2381

• NLG
Re: IGT S2000 problems
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 04:50:08 PM »
Thank you everyone for your help. I have replaced my board and used my reset key chips and everything is back in order, except I notice the payout ranges are off when you win. Is there a way to correct that? And I notice when I print a cash-out ticket you can not put it back in.  Did I miss a setting for that?

thanks,
Bill

(edited for readability)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:14:27 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 05:09:52 PM »
Unless you have a TITO (ticket in ticket out) unit installed, you won't be able to use your printed tickets
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 05:20:27 PM »
Thank you everyone for your help i have replaced my board and used my reset key chips and everything is back in order except i notice the payout ranges are off when you win is there a way to correct that and i notice when i print a  cash-out ticket you can not put it back in also did i miss a setting for that thanks Bill

As Elvis said the TITO is the only way to get the machine to take printed tickets. The payouts being wrong could be, strips out of alignment or possibly the wrong strips. Can you post a pic of the machine from the front and let us see what the game and strips are? That will help to figure out the problem with the payout. There is no setting on the machine to match payouts with strips.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline sportsman2381

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 06:54:13 PM »
i can not get photos too load

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 08:42:57 PM »
The size of the photo file that you upload has to be 1mb (1,000kb) or less. Your camera hopefully has a size adjustment in its settings menu, if so pick the smallest photo size, then take a photo of the front of your machine and try uploading it. If you continue to have problems you can email the photo to me and I can get it uploaded for you. I sent you an email to your gmail account, you can reply back to me and attach the photo to the email that you are wanting to upload. The photo can be of any size, won't be a problem that way.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 10:07:23 AM »
Below are photos of his machine..... photos of the mpu board to follow when I get them.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:36:49 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 10:13:13 AM »
Thank you everyone for your help. I have replaced my board and used my reset key chips and everything is back in order, except I notice the payout ranges are off when you win. Is there a way to correct that? And I notice when I print a cash-out ticket you can not put it back in.  Did I miss a setting for that?

thanks,
Bill

When you replaced the mpu board did you transfer your socketed chips from the old board to the new one, or did the new board come with chips that you left on it?

Offline sportsman2381

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 02:53:26 PM »
i have replaced everything that i know of from the old board to the new one there were 2 enhanced chips that were on the new board i took those off and put the ones from the old board on there ? thanks Bill

Offline sportsman2381

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 02:56:53 PM »
i also did not re install the netplex Battery 2 that are famous for leaking

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 05:48:28 PM »
What SB and game chips do you have? I am thinking this was a new game to you. Maybe it was Frankensteined  before you got it.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 05:49:06 PM »
You do not need the Varta Battery. Only asking for trouble. Did it power on for you?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline sportsman2381

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 06:36:03 PM »
i Have SB10009 in U21 and stepper GME2 Sg000363 in U46 and stepper GME1 SG000363 in U19 machine powers on and functions its just the payouts are not correct. The only thing i did not change from the old board to the new board   were the Intel I960 square chip in U51 and the Se net Rev 3 in the U721 slot thanks Bill

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal