New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Slimline 2.0 setup issue  (Read 551 times)

Offline nativedragon

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • nativedragon New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Slimline 2.0 setup issue
« on: April 02, 2020, 06:38:35 PM »
I have a few questions on these. I have one machine that died and the power supply was faulty so i replaced that. Then i got it to boot but gave me a telltale battery issue so i checked the brain box and noticed 3 button batteries were dead ( one on the mother board and 2 on simm cards ) or almost dead and there was a green ni-cad on a daughter board that was low but after a while held a charge just fine. ( is this the telltale? )  I did replace all the button cell batteries and booted it up and got a cmos error saying reset to defaults press f1 or f2 to continue . I didn't have a usb keyboard with me so i rebooted to bypass.
so here are my questions based on whats happened so far

1.Once i got into the menu i was able to setup the game but it kept tell me invalid license key. i checked the usbs and they are all there and seen by system, however i did see that if the time-date is not setup it will have this license error.
   a. if this is correct how do i setup the time date? is there a menu item for this or do i need to remove the battery again and get back to the cmos error to fix
2. i tried a key7 and it did validate it and bring up extra menu items BUT i didn't see a key-chip menu like i've read. However since i am not familiar on how this key-chip works fully i am not sure if i am missing a step like
  a. have to have keychip in while booting to get the keychip selections
  b. i have seen there possibly might need a 6 pin jumper to enable write. if so where can i get one or a diagram so i can make my own?

Thanks in advance, i am still learning these units.

Barry

Offline Ash100

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!Ash100 Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Slimline 2.0 setup issue
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 06:31:45 PM »
I can't answer all of your questions, as I'm  new to the AVP platform myself,  but I'll share what I do know.

The telltale battery is located on the backplane. It should be zip tied up and resembles an old cordless phone battery pack. They're rechargeable and sometimes will charge with the machine on if they're not totally dead. I just placed an order for some for a few machines I just got in.

The license tilt has to do with your date/time not being set. Had the same problem when my machine thought it was 2004.

In order to reset everything,  you'll need to do a clear and re-set up your machine. I'm not the one to go over this procedure with you because I've only done it twice and was walked through it step by step over the phone with a knowledgeable member on here.

I do know that you will need a Diagnostic Key along with eKey7 to do a wipe and set up. And never insert or remove the Diagnostic Key with power on the machine. It will fry it.

That's a out all I can tell you. I'm sure it won't be long before one of the experts offers up some better advice.

Good luck.

Curtis ash100
Eat 'till you're tired, Sleep 'till you're hungry

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal