New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: I cannot get to Option 3  (Read 1301 times)

Offline woodrujl

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • woodrujl New User has no influence.
  • NLG
I cannot get to Option 3
« on: January 30, 2021, 05:29:55 PM »
I cannot get to option 3.  I have option 1,2 and 4 only. 

I have CALL ATTENDANT, CLOSURE M, & MAIN BATTERY LOW even though i just replaced the coin cell battery and reset 3 times.  any advice?  Can I not get to option 3 with those 3 errors?

I soldered a battery holder. and measure 3.25VDC at the solder points on back side of board.  do i need to measure voltage somewhere else to verify?

This machine sat for 7 years. Board is 502A

Thank You!!

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: I cannot get to Option 3
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 05:50:15 PM »
Are you sure you have the polarity correct on the battery. Positive goes to the outside edge of the mpu.
Also you might want to reheat your solder joints as it must connect on both sides of the pc board top and bottom.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline woodrujl

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 06:04:05 PM »
Thank you Qbert.  Thanks to this site I knew the polarity should be + to outside plus its labeled on the board.  i will try the reheat of solder and see if that makes the difference.  then I'll be back if I still have problem getting to option 3.

thanks again... :thank_you:

Offline woodrujl

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 06:48:21 PM »
Well unfortunately no change.
 same 3 errors CALL ATTENDANT, CLOSURE M, Main Battery Low.

I used flux but not enough maybe. Cant get to the top side of board for soldering with the holder in the way.

Maybe I need to remove and start over?.  Didn't think it would be this difficult. :(

What's the trick here? Put some solder top side, poke the holder pins through and then solder bottom side?
 Or just load up the holes with flux.  Poke the pins through and solder from back side.

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 07:11:33 PM »
Is there any acid damage around the big green Varta battery?

Offline woodrujl

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 07:40:26 PM »
No acid damage.  the Varta was removed before I bought the machine.  Looks pretty good.  This was working perfectly 2007 until garaged in 2013.  coin cell battery was soldered on in 2007.  Now I try to replace with a battery holder. Cant get the low battery error to go away.

Thanks

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 08:07:11 PM »
If you take take off the battery again and the voltage is under 3 volts, there's a short near the battery.

That's why the "Low Battery" error won't go away.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 08:11:35 PM »
Are you sure you didn't damage one of the pads on the top side when you removed the dead battery? You will get voltage from the bottom side because you are testing the battery holder pins.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline woodrujl

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 09:42:38 PM »
That makes sense. Probably is damaged. I will check it out. What can I do with it to save it?

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 07:39:23 AM »
You won't know until you remove the battery to look at it.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline woodrujl

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 11:14:59 AM »
Epic fail!
I have the 2 square pads but is this repairable?
Should I upgrade to a 502B or 502AB board?  what kind of cost is that I wonder?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 11:52:35 AM »
Fill the two pads with hot solder....hopefully the solder will make contact.

Check work by seeing if there's continuity between the front and back.

Also and probably more importantly, make sure there's continuity between all pads and adjoining circuit trace to next point...before attempting to solder in a battery holder.

Check battery voltage strength and make a note of it before inserting battery into holder.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 12:35:41 PM »
No big deal.  The top side solder pad is gone and tore from the trace going to R18.  Using the smallest gauge wire you have (30ga is best) solder a wire to the bottom side of the + terminal on the battery holder as close to the bottom of the holder as you can get it.   Then resolder the holder back into the board and solder the other end of the wire to R18 as shown.  It won't be pretty anymore, but it will work.

Offline woodrujl

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 01:44:34 PM »
ok so I am horrible at this.  I tried filling with hot solder and did not get continuity. 

yes both top and bottom square solder pads are torn from trace.
Tilt has good instruction.  My confidence is low on skills I have for repairing this. I know I don't have 30ga wire.

Can I send this out for a fee?  PM me if there is interest.

1 step at a time to make my wife happy getting this running.

Thanks,

Jesse

[/size][size=78%] [/size]

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 07:17:26 PM »
Un-ravel stranded wire to pull out a wire close to 30 ga.
Cover it with anything vinyl or plastic.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 07:20:59 PM »
No, don't do that.  I sent ya a PM.

Offline woodrujl

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 06:57:46 PM »
Thanks to all the PM's.  I've been working out of town (essential).  I will reply to PM's.

Jesse

Offline woodrujl

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 10:44:13 PM »
Hey there,

board repaired with help from this group.  Good people here!!  Baby steps.  I'm back to original issue of I cannot get to Option 3.  I only have Option 1, 2 and 4.  Any thoughts to help here?  I have no other errors at all.  I want to adjust volume but cannot get to Option 3.
Thanks in advance!

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 10:48:52 PM »
Are any of your deck buttons stuck?
Check underneath and see if the switches are all in the buttons correctly....I mean, thoroughly inspect them and the wiring.

Also, are you holding the white test button in on the MPU for at least a second?

or are you turning the jackpot reset key to try to get into the options? lol

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2021, 11:06:51 PM »
Hey there,

board repaired with help from this group.  Good people here!!  Baby steps.  I'm back to original issue of I cannot get to Option 3.  I only have Option 1, 2 and 4.  Any thoughts to help here?  I have no other errors at all.  I want to adjust volume but cannot get to Option 3.
Thanks in advance!

Make sure you're in the operator menu. It's accessed by opening the main door and pressing the white self test button on the front of the MPU by the LEDs.  Then you should be able to get to the options (3) menu.  Sounds like you may be using the attendant menu (accessed by turning jackpot reset key).  It only allows access to 1, 2, & 4.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal