New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1 BV Issues  (Read 3595 times)

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
BB1 BV Issues
« on: November 01, 2014, 08:29:55 AM »
So today my BV started acting up.

I return the bill stacker box and I get a message that its missing and sometimes full switch open, etc all the above.  Any Ideas whats wrong?  I have made sure its seated properly etc...

Should these errors clear when problem fixed or is RAM clear required???

Thanks

Steve :Scratch-Head:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BB1 BV Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:32:20 PM »
There is a switch on the back of the validator cage that gets pushed when the cash can is pushed in.  Look at the back of the switch to make sure the wires are still attached, sometimes they come off.  You can also just remove the wires from the switch and just jump the wires so they are always close and you don't have this issue anymore.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 03:19:08 PM »
Thanks Rick,
My problems go a bit deeper however.  The switches are all working.
SO to make it a bit shorter, I replaced my cashbox and transport and the cage that comes with the transport and now I don't think I have the missing stacker issues,BUT now I get a validator error as the transport cycles to start up after ram clear and game reload................HELP!!

I am about to jump off a high building, but before I do that I will try another ram clear and load a different game.  I am at my wits end trying to figure this out.

Thanks to any and all who chime in with ideas..............

Steve

Edit:  Now I do also have the Stacker Missing error after removing it and replacing it......WTF???
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 04:37:18 PM by iramack »

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 11:28:01 AM »
Still having BV issues.  Game actually came up Monday night worked great.  Tuesday night powered on and back to square one!! Never touched the BV in between.

I think it may be a power supply issue and I have ordered a new one from Happ.  Anyone know what the auxillary PS is used for?  The one that is on the back wall under the speaker amplifier?

Thanks,

Steve

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Thegambler327 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 11:41:17 AM »
Is your bill validator cycling normally? I know this sounds weird but I just had a similar problem with a friends machine.  Take a hair dryer and heat up the motors on the bill validator  put back in the machine  and see if that clears the error. If so you need a new bill validator.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
Thanks I will try that.

It does cycle but sounds slow and lethargic at first then speeds up toward the end of cycle.............I am getting BV device errors as well as missing stacker etc.   Door switches are working normally including the box switch at the back.....

On Monday I had the BV out and was checking it over and shot some air into the bottom and top where the belts are, as well as under the head.  Put it back powered on and left the room.  Returned to see the game up and ready to go............but now back to original problem.

Steve

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
Yeah I had the exact same errors.  Not saying it's the solution to yours,but it's worth a shot

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »
What is the exact error message you are getting, can you post a screenshot?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »
..........I am getting BV device errors as well as missing stacker etc.   Door switches are working normally including the box switch at the back.....
That's the errors he's getting

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 04:46:27 PM »
Does it look like this?

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 06:31:41 PM »
Yes that looks like it but............................

I tried the blow dryer thing and that was a bust.  But..........................

I sprayed some WD-40 on the inside of the "tracks" that the box pins ride in and hook the latch as well as the little metal ramps at the bottom back and VIOLA the box went in and seated properly and errors cleared.  Game running again.  I think its a mechanical issue with replacing the cash box.............  YAY!!  For Now.........................lol

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 08:35:54 PM »
get a new cashbox.  Yours is probably bent in weird places and it is not engaging well enough.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 05:22:55 AM »
Got one last weekend. One of those black jobs with the blue plastic handle.
I will see what happens when I power up tonight........
And, I have a new PS on the way from Happ just because I feel like the PS may be the real culprit here but who knows???
If I get this sorted out this weekend, I will be installing my NXT-2 CPU and have a BB1.5 to play with.............. :dancing_2:
The saga continues..............

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 11:37:40 AM »
So to continue..........

Power up yesterday and got the errors back.  Tried several in's and out's with the new cashcan.  No go.

Decided to try the old metal one and VIOLA on the first try!!  Ran it all night and powered down before bed.  Woke up this am, powered on and VIOLA all is right with the world.  Played a bit then pulled the cashbox out to empty it and re-inserted it....VIOLA all is good...........

So now going to conclude that the little lever and tracks inside the housing where the pins engage the latch needs a bit of WD-40 every so often.......and those newer plastic cans are NOT all they're cracked up to be!!

Now for the NXT-2 switch out. 

Can anyone tell me about my notes on NJ jurisdiction which say "single paytable"  does that mean no multi denom or what exactly???

Thanks Again,

Steve

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal