New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ 61_1 loop  (Read 495 times)

Offline odskaggs2

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • odskaggs2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ 61_1 loop
« on: November 28, 2023, 10:04:40 AM »
I'm new to slots but have done quite a bit of reading the last several days.  I have a machine that I left unplugged for months. When I turned it on I got a 12 error.   The battery leaked or the capacitor next to it did is what I discovered. I went through the following steps.
1. Installed a replacement MPU board and got a 61 error. I was able to get 61_1 and a ding with the test button. Turned the reset key and it flashes back to 61.  Tried multiple times and always loops back to 61
2. Repaired the original board with a new battery and cap. Still at 61 then 61_1 loop
3. Tried swapping game and cmos chips between boards but still a 61 loop
4. Tried using a clear ram chip but nothing happens on either MPU board if I press the test button or any of the panel buttons
It's possible the clear ram chip I ordered is not functioning or the chip on the backplane is bad.  I'd appreciate any suggestions on the next step.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ 61_1 loop
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 11:06:23 AM »
Welcome to NLG Odskaggs2!
It DOES sound like your machine is in the [61-1] Loop.
It's not really and "error"...it's just a code like in this link...>>>
http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/

I do not undestand how people get this to happen because I've been working with S+'s for over 20 years, and have never had any of the machines I've worked on, go into this "Loop"? haha

Anyways, let's get your machine working.
I do have a question for you...>>>
Are you inserting the Clear chip into the "Game Prom" socket, with the notch on top of the chip body, oriented towards the etched writing, or towards the bottom of the MPU?
Make sure no legs are folded underneath the chip body when inserted into the socket.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 11:21:04 AM »
You either missed or didn't document an important step.  After you get the "ding" you need to close and latch the main door, and then turn the reset key.

Offline odskaggs2

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 11:32:07 AM »
Yes after I press the test button I get a 61_1 and a ding.  I then close and latch the door.  I turn the reset key and the display does a few things like a 0 above the coin slot but goes back to a 61.  I think the door optics must work because if I leave the latch in the up position after a 61_1 ding turning the key does nothing.   Yes I replaced the game chip with the clear ram chip. Nothing happens on the display with the clear ram chip installed even if I press the test button or spin reels button.  Thank you Dave S.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 01:08:10 PM »
Ok, just wanted to make sure, because if you don't close the door first it won't work. 

It sounds like you may have a bad clear chip?  Follow the directions in this post and let us know if it works or not.  If not, look for another clear chip. 

I normally do not advocate using a clear chip because of all the settings being returned to default and the barrage of questions and problems after it's done, but being stuck in a 61-1 loop is one of those things that requires a clear to break out of it.

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=16134.0

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 01:21:42 PM »
...I think the door optics must work...

Here's a litte trick for ya...>>>

As you close the door and push down on the door latch, watch the [Coins Played] window on the display.
Whatever number is in there - will momentarily go out, then come back on.
If that happens, you KNOW the door optics are operational.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline odskaggs2

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 01:05:17 PM »
Just wanted to close the thread out. Getting a second clear chip did the job. I ordered both online and the first did not work as expected. The second chip did the trick and I was able to get rid of the error after a battery swap happened. Thank you again for all the assistance.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2024, 01:09:21 PM »
Good deal.  Glad you got it fixed up and thanks for posting the resolution to your problem.  :applause:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal