New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BV & Coin not working after Battery Change  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Kooper06

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Kooper06 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
BV & Coin not working after Battery Change
« on: November 29, 2023, 05:04:31 PM »
First I’d like to apologize for my lack of knowledge on this topic and machines. This is my first S+ machine that I’ve owned, all of my knowledge is on S2000’s.  I have read through the FAQ’s and How to on the top of the S+ forum and have also read several forums that are similar to my topic but not exactly. Here is some information to help you, help me with this issue.
- Slot Machine - Ten Times Pay
- Game EPROM - SP 731
- Reel EPROM - SS 7846
- Bill Validator - WBA-12-SS
- Changed the battery for a 12 Error Code (low battery). Got the 61-1 and was able to reset with the reset and jackpot key.
- Status now:
    - BV will not accept bills but will during a BV test
    - Did accept 3 coins at a time, now doesn’t accept any.

Settings/test are as follows:

CP window = 0                                    

5-0                                    
6-1                                    
7-0
8-1 (There isn’t a 2 option)            
9-1 (Unable to change from 1 to 0)
10-0 (unable to change)
11-0 (Unable to Change)
13-1
16-0 (Unable to Change)

CP window = 1 27-0 (BV takes money/pass’s test)   
CP window = 2 26 (BV Light illuminates w/spin switch I assume that means it’s pass the test)                           
CP window = 6 Winner paid window 10                        
CP window = 7  WPW 0100

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
Re: BV & Coin not working after Battery Change
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 05:05:33 PM »
Here’s a pic of the Slot machine.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 05:28:27 PM »
Does the insert coin legend light up? 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 08:24:54 PM by Tilt »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 07:28:01 PM »
The [Insert Coin] lamp does appear to be lit up...it's right behind the coin slot on deck.
Something I noticed though, the fact that he can see the bill acceptor tilt mode selection <0>[16] with a SP731 GAME PROM tells me that the bill acceptor is indeed enabled.
That page is displayed ONLY if the bill acceptor is enabled.
Something else is wrong.
He cannot change any settings with the deck buttons, points to something else?

He also has that fricking mechanical bell <0>[6] enabled too!
That's going to be noisey!

When he said  (There isn’t a 2 option) , he is correct.
There's ONLY a zero and a #1 for options.
Eveything else, he's "unable to change"

Try this...Watch closely at the [Coins Played] window on the display AS YOU LIFT UP on the door latch handle.
Does any number in the [CP] window go out momentarily, then come back on?
Watch it as you push down on the door latch too, and let us know what happens.
I see that there isn't any number in that window on your display.

One last question for ya...>>>
Open the door, turn on the power switch, and put your right fingers/palm on the reelstrips.
Push downwards on the reels, do they feel as if they're "stiff", or "loose" as you turn them?

Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 06:13:57 AM »
I checked the Fiber optics on the door handle. The CP changes from 3 to 0 when I raise the handle.

When I push down on the handle it goes from 3 to blank to 0 until I bump it up a hair and then it goes back to 3.

All the reel strips feel stiff with the power on.

Sorry let me be more specific with the rest of the options.

5-0 (able to change to 5-1,2)                                 
6-1 (able to change to 6-1,0)   - Mechanical Bell is off now, LOL                              
7-0 (able to change to 7-0,1)
8-1 (There isn’t a 2 option but can change to either 0,1)            
9-1 (Unable to change from 1 to 0)
10-0 (unable to change)
11-0 (Unable to Change)
13-1 (able to change to 13-1,0)
16-0 (Unable to Change)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023, 11:05:30 AM »
You might want to change the <5>[zero] to <5>[two] so the wins in credits accumulate to the display.
That way the hopper doesn't have to pay out on every hit.
When you change it & get out of the programming mode, the lamp in the [Cashout] button should light up.
If not, just hit that button once to light up the lamp so you can accumulate credits.
If it doesn't light up, check the bulb...it may be burned out.

Allow me to attach a PSR sheet to this Reply for your SP731 GAME PROM chip.
Think of the SP chip as the operating system such as Windows 7 or Windows 10.
Look at the SS chip as a music CD that you would slide into the car stereo, only this chip stores the programming values for the slot's reel theme that's displayed as glass payout awards, not AC/DC or Aerosmith... :rotfl:

The CP going out briefly when you move the door latch up and down, indicates that door emitter optic & cabinet receiver optics are operational.

However, none of this should effect coin or bill acceptance.
With the door closed & when you drop a quarter thru the slot on deck, where does it end up?
Back into the coin tray, in the hopper bowl, or down into the drop hole?
For the bill validator (BV), re-seat the cashbox firmly.
When you close the door, the yellow display bezel over the bill entrance-way should light up - if the bulbs behind it, aren't burned out.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 11:25:54 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2023, 12:20:57 PM »
I changed the 5-0 to the 5-2 and the change light comes on. I reseated the cashbox and the box went through its cycle but the light never came on. I know the light works because when I the input/output test the light illuminated for both. As for the coin it drops into the tray. I had it yesterday where it would except 3 coins but it stopped working. It may have been something that I did but I’m not sure. I know that with it in CP 6 the WP indicates 10 which I assume that’s 10 cents.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2023, 12:35:40 PM »
Use a set15 chip to activate BV and set denom after a battery change.

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 01:22:11 PM »
Thanks, I reached out to RB because he’s the only one I’ve dealt with for parts for my S2000’s. If he doesn’t have them would you know who else on this site that may? I understand that should activate the BV but the machine is showing a 9-1 in the options page which should be the enable and it passes the input/output test. Also the coin did work for a little bit while I was going through the options but only 3 coins at a time and then it stopped working all together which I thought was very strange and thought it may have been something that I may have done. Again I’m a newbie to these S+ machines and any help/understanding is greatly appreciated!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2023, 01:39:05 PM »
RB should have what you need.

Offline off-track

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2023, 07:43:45 PM »
Also the coin did work for a little bit while I was going through the options but only 3 coins at a time and then it stopped working all together which I thought was very strange and thought it may have been something that I may have done.

If it's a 3 coin machine it will only accept (up to) 3 coins until you spin.  Is that what you mean or does it not take any coins after a spin?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2023, 11:08:56 PM »
As for the coin it drops into the tray. I had it yesterday where it would except 3 coins but it stopped working.

Something pretty easy you can try for the coin acceptance is to re-seat your sample coin, and make a quick adjustment to the Coin Comparator to make it less likely to reject coins. See this video:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 09:59:03 AM by shortrackskater »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2023, 06:45:37 AM »
Thanks for tip on adjusting the coin comparator. It’s seems to working fine with coins now. I’m waiting on the set chip for the BV but I’m unsure whether it’s going to fix the problem or not. I say this only because my setting’s for the BV are already 9-1 (enabled) and when I do an input test it takes the bill in and comes back out. I would assume that this means the BV is working? Is there another setting that I may be missing?

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2023, 08:30:10 AM »
I would look towards your bill acceptor.  If it has older firmware then it won't accept newer bills. It may have the version written on the socketed chip in the bottom if it's a chipped version, or it could be a flash version.  I don't want to assume that it's a wba12. Most people look at the number on the front of the bill head, however the transport is really what determines which one
   Calibration may also help acceptance.  There is a thread on making your own Calibration paper.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2023, 11:54:30 AM »
I received the 015 Set chip from RB and went through and turned the BV off and then back on and changed the denomination to .25. The BV now lights up and takes a bill and spits it right back out. I tried several different bills (old and new) and just spits them back out. Any thoughts were to go from here?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2023, 04:26:44 PM »
I would change your #7 setting, in your first post you said it was at 0100, change it to 1000, next one to 1000 also and the next one to 1000.  see if that doesn't fix it.

if not then we can try the stand alone test.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2023, 10:34:07 PM »
Also I'll add for testing purposes, use only a $1 bill in good condition. Once you can get it to reliably accept that, you can move on to other denominations.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2023, 07:54:08 AM »
I changed all of the <7> settings to 1000 and tried a good $1.00 bill along with 20’s and 10’s and still the same results. It takes the bill in and spits it back out.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2023, 10:13:52 PM »
Does it hold the bill for a second or two before rejecting it, or does it immediately reject it almost as soon as it finishes pulling it in?

Offline Kooper06

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2023, 05:50:16 AM »
It holds it for a bit and then rejects it.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal