New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Battery Change Settings Help  (Read 663 times)

Offline coherent

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coherent New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Battery Change Settings Help
« on: January 05, 2024, 07:32:49 AM »
Hi. Long time reader but this is my first post.
I bought a S+ machine many years ago from a place in Kingman AZ. I think it was RMSLOTS. At least that's what the chip labels have on them? Game chip is SP872, Reel chip is SS4164. Its a 4th of July, 3 coin. I believe the bill validator also has the updated software for the new bill types.

Anyway it's been sitting unplugged for a couple of years. Plugged it in recently and got the 12 error code. Got a new battery and replaced it. When I turned it back on don't remember anything but a 61 code and it spun the reels a  couple of times and reset itself. At that point I could feed quarters and the wheels spin and the spin til you win and nudge features seem to be working properly.

Issue is it lost original settings and when it hits any payout it just dings until I turn the jackpot key to reset it. No coins payout in hopper or on credits. In addition, the bill acceptor is dark and does not accept bills. I have read through the forums and also have a couple of printed manuals. I tried a few things but what I was seeing (and which buttons to press or key to turn) didn't seem to match what I was reading. So questions are....

Do I have to use a set chip to turn on the bill validator. If so I was given a SET026 chip with the machine when I first got it, so assume that's the correct one to use. Don't remember getting a clear chip and since most things seem to be working would only do so as a last resort (see I did read through the forum)

How do I get it to send all wins to credits and then just drop coins only if the cash out button is pressed. I guess I also need to turn of the manual payout or change its amount?

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 08:05:39 AM by coherent »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Battery Change Settings Help
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 08:32:10 AM »
Do I have to use a set chip to turn on the bill validator.

How do I get it to send all wins to credits and then just drop coins only if the cash out button is pressed. I guess I also need to turn of the manual payout or change its amount?

Yes, changing the battery made the CMOS lose it's memory, and the SET026 chip is the correct SET chip to re-enable your BV.
You have to set the denomination (.25cents?) and the [9-0] to [9-1] to turn on the BV.

With zero credits on the machine after you re-enable the BV and put back in your SP872 chip, press the Test button a couple of times until you see a [5-0] on the display.
Use the Spin in change the [5-0] to ]5-2] player-initiated noncredit.

Close the door, wait for the "Insert Coins" lamp to come on and drop in some coins.
You may notice your "Cashout" button is now lit up.
That means all wins will accumulate into the credits window on your reel glass display.
When you hit the Cashout button, the hopper will attempt to payout that amount of credits.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 08:47:23 AM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 08:35:38 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

I've attached a PSR for your Game PROM.  This should help you get the machine set back up. Most likely you need to re-enable with bill validator and set the machine denomination using your set chip.

Offline coherent

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 08:41:41 AM »
Thanks a million for quick replies. I'll give it try when I get home tonight. I also really  :hail: appreciate your specific detailed guidance and the file upload!

Offline coherent

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 03:22:26 PM »
Used Set026, changed [9-0] to [9-1]. and set denomination to 25 (was on zero). reinserted the game chip and set the credits from [5-0] to ]5-2].

Bill acceptor sill dark and won't accept any bill. (I do see a faint red light inside it) Takes quarters and everything seems to spin and work correctly but on any win, still just dings and candle flashes until jackpot reset key is turned. No credits added or quarter payout from hopper after win.

Cleaned and checked all connections to BA.  Cleaned its optics.  Everything was working before stud down and subsequent battery replacement.
Kids were playing with it and no doubt, power, reset, reset key and buttons were pushed/turned a lot that likely changed other settings, but not sure what to correct.  Should I just use a clear (ICV123) and start from scratch? At a loss.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2024, 03:52:06 PM »
Did you save the settings after you changed them?  You have to press the self test button after changing them and the Coin In display should read 0.  Then power down and reinstall the GAME PROM.

Offline coherent

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2024, 04:35:39 PM »
Yes... did that. Repeated the process, and it showed the new settings initially and just to be sure saved again.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2024, 05:01:31 PM »
Double check it with the GAME PROM installed and make sure it's still enabled and the denomination is set too.

Offline coherent

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 12:26:09 PM »
Exited and saved when I used the Set chip. Showed 9-1 .Game eprom is reinstalled. Denomination shows 25 (6 in settings menu I think).
Don't see a 9 option on the settings menu with game eprom installed.  DBV 200 still has no light and doesn't accept any bills. No credits added after win, just dings and I have to turn jackpot reset key to turn of.
Is it possible a dip switch settings may be incorrect? Remember reading that Bill acceptor pay option can be changed only if DIP switch 4 is off. But then again since it's not working at all I have no clue and kind of lost at this point as to how to proceed.  On the main board dip switches are numbered 0-7 on the switch itself, numbered 1-8 so a little confusing. Right no 1 & 2 (or 0 & 1) are on rest are off.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2024, 12:35:42 PM »
Raise both credit limits in CP 7 

Turn on dip #3 on MPU for reel sound.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal