New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha 2 Pro V27 Argos  (Read 541 times)

Offline JConti1971

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • JConti1971 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha 2 Pro V27 Argos
« on: March 14, 2024, 11:15:51 AM »
Having issue getting installer to take after battery change.  It’s booting to NVRAM error which is normal.
This is an ArgOs machine with BIOS ABIP02402112A, im using installer AIN0000213A.  When i boot to the USB I get a message that States. “Boot Device must contain a soft-image and not be sector copied”
Then it halts.

Anyone have experience with this.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally Alpha 2 Pro V27 Argos
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 09:55:04 AM »
AIN 213A is not an ARGOS installer. It is an OS loader.  The installer is AIN000000x (the x is usually a single capital letter between "A" and "L" although there might be something newer than "L". So you need to boot with that and the AIN213.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline JConti1971

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 10:44:11 AM »
I suppose I used the wrong choice of words.  I need the OS loader to clear the machine after battery change. There is a game already on it.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 11:18:36 AM »
Actually AIN213A is an early installer.  The newer ones do have a single letter though.  This sounds like you are not using a OEM USB drive to clear NVRAM.

Since the installer is not working, you can just boot up with the logic door open on the CPU and it will get you to a NVRAM clear and persistent data screen.  You can do both on that screen and continue to the setup menu for the game you already have installed.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline JConti1971

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 01:00:32 PM »
I have the correct USB drive coming.    Meanwhile I did boot with the CPU door open, and after the whole boot it still ends up saying

SYSTEM FAULT

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 01:09:23 PM »
Sounds l like you never got to the NVRAM clear screen.  I think your OS is too old for that to pop up then.

Offline JConti1971

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 01:13:01 PM »
So that is why I think i need  AIN0000213A on the correct USB, to get that screen. Unless i want to update the OS, which is another process. 

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 01:19:38 PM »
If you have a 2.4 CPU  in there then you should update to the newer OS like 301B with the newer Windows too so you can play some of the newer games.  It's an easy process using an Install drive.

Offline JConti1971

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 01:30:57 PM »
Can I PM you?

Offline JConti1971

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2024, 01:37:38 PM »
If you have a 2.4 CPU  in there then you should update to the newer OS like 301B with the newer Windows too so you can play some of the newer games.  It's an easy process using an Install drive.

Is there a tutorial on this process?  What do I need?

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2024, 02:21:30 PM »
No Tutorial that I am aware of.  You just boot up with the INSTALL USB drive and the OS USB drive inserted in the CPU USB slots. Then select what  you want to install off the OS drive and select INSTALL.  This same procedure is used to install a games too. Instead of using the OS drive you use the Game drive.   Pretty simple.  Each time at the end of the Install process, NVRAM is cleared.

Offline JConti1971

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2024, 02:25:57 PM »
What is the full file name for the latest OS.  I can image it to a USB, and install it once I get past the NVRAM. Meanwhile because of my bios version, I need to use 213A?  It’s because of my current bios version that I choose AIN0000213A.
John

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2024, 02:38:55 PM »
What is the full file name for the latest OS.  I can image it to a USB, and install it once I get past the NVRAM. Meanwhile because of my bios version, I need to use 213A?  It’s because of my current bios version that I choose AIN0000213A.
John

The highest OS version you should be using with a 2.4 CPU would be 301B.  You should get a factory USB drive with all the files that support it.  The BIOS  you as using, ABIP0240211A, is used for all versions of the OS, not just 213A. 

From what I can  tell, you probably don't even know what OS or Windows software is on that without a working Install drive

Offline JConti1971

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2024, 02:50:31 PM »
Will it show anything in the boot process? Everything authenticates, says success.  It does say Windows imbedded Standard 7 at the buttom ofd the screen when the ArgOS logo is up

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2024, 02:56:41 PM »
Other than the BIOS, it will show nothing

Offline alex

• Reputation Power: 9
  • alex New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 03:25:40 AM »
Happen to wonder what is special about the factory usb drive that makes it to only support those?
I'm from Europe.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2024, 06:20:02 AM »
Happen to wonder what is special about the factory usb drive that makes it to only support those?

The Bally, SG and LNW USB drives are unique in that they are encoded so that only those type drives can be used.  Standard USB drive are rejected.

Offline omegas_dano

• Reputation Power: 0
  • omegas_dano New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2024, 07:48:03 AM »
Will it show anything in the boot process? Everything authenticates, says success.  It does say Windows imbedded Standard 7 at the buttom ofd the screen when the ArgOS logo is up

This doesn't boot to your Flash Drive...you need a bootable LNW flashdrive tagged with AIN000000A between AIN000000L

Offline omegas_dano

• Reputation Power: 0
  • omegas_dano New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2024, 07:55:46 AM »

Nothing special about it, they programmed it to support only LNW/Bally/SG flash drives

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal