New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S 2000 door optic bypass  (Read 7384 times)

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
S 2000 door optic bypass
« on: December 18, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
I needed to make a s 2000 optic bypass and had the wiring to make 3 extra ones.
I have decided to offer them to NLG members.
These all have the plugs to bypass the optics and the connections to  connect to the cherry switch.
The are long enough to permanently install or to do a quick check on the optics.
All connections have been soldered, shrink coated and tested.
I can sell them for 25 which includes shipping USPS regular mail.

Offline buybestslots

• Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: S 2000 door optic bypass
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 05:17:34 PM »
wow  we throw them in junk box for scrap never knew they were worth so much

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 05:54:20 PM »

I hear you Steve. Gotta pay the employees somehow.

Sorry to get off subject.

Offline slots4home

• slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:57:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I thought I would offer them to NLG members. I did ruin a door omitter and receiver to make them. And the time to put them together and check to be sure they were working properly.
I did not think someone would hijack my post for their opinion.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 06:04:56 PM »
Nothing wrong with your price. By the time you pay for a package and shipping you do have to make something for your time and effort. Someone will buy them just because I saw the other day in a post that the person said they couldn't solder. You making this available is right up that type of persons alley!

Offline buybestslots

• Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »

I hear you Steve. Gotta pay the employees somehow.

ken you have a gold mine sitting there  our pile isn't that big yet

Sorry to get off subject.

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 06:06:58 PM »
Ken,
Thanks for the reply.
Happy holidays

Offline keystone9

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 06:27:35 PM »
I hear YA Ford. Bill

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 06:59:18 PM »
Hi Darell,

Happy Holidays to you and your family also.

Often times there are posts here about by passing the door so I did a little ciphering. For someone that had to go out and buy everything to make the by-pass .. $5 for the optics that are harvested for the unit (just guessing at price) and probably $5 to have it shipped to them. A $1 minimum for a transaction fee. However you send it, it will be a minimum of $5.00. Another $1 in materials. So $17.00 for an estimated cost. If someone had to go out to pick up the parts I think they would spend the same amount after it all said and done and their Saturday afternoon .. GONE.

You make 8 bucks, oh and btw, Uncle Sam is going to take their 15% if your poor like the rest of us. So there goes $1.20 of that $8 you made. You're cheap help!

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 07:08:29 PM »
Ken,
Thanks again for the feedback.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 08:54:33 PM »
Ok, the origional posts indicates $25 for all 3 as it doesn't say each. So I'll ask, are they $25ea or $25 for all three?

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »
Hey Darell,

I've made a few of those myself. Very handy for testing. There's actually no need to ruin a pair of optics. I just used a belly door switch harness at the cherry switch end & 2 pin molex for the connection behind the reels. I used the diagram from the post on the old site. Works great.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »
Just to clarify they are 25 each
Thanks

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 09:27:54 PM »
Ron
Thanks for the information

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
9 out of 10 machines people have brought me to fix, that they performed the optic bypass on had other issues. The optic bypass did not fix their problem, only compounded it by their lack of skills performing the task. IGT designed it to work that way and it does as designed. If you have bad optics, replace them. They are not that expensive and the risk of added wiring done by non-skilled people only complicates the troubleshooting for the rest of us. I had a machine come in today that the customer has been tracing down his errors. He has bought from many vendors here. I told him to bring the machine and all parts he bought and replaced in his repair attempt. He brought (4) door I/O cards, (2) Enhanced MPU, (2) Legacy cards, (1) VS chip, (1) DSLP001 chip (1) Motherboard.
He had swapped all these and still had issues. was told to do Optic bypass so he did. machine still not working
He screwed up the wiring on the bypass, The door I/O card was no good, The MPU had a bad reel 3 driver chip and his optics were good.
I replaced the green battery on his original MPU, put back his original I/O cards, un-did the optic bypass, and replaced the line display meter that caused the failure in the first place, and he is up and running again. Sometimes they resort to overkill.

Identify the problem before you re-design the machine !!

And to add to the level of experience , he added an external volume control to adjust the volume. He did not know you could set it in the menus. Bought it from one of the Ohio boys.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »
I whole heartedly agree with coors. I like to test with a bypass harness if there is a door open problem but more often than not it's mpu related if the optics are lined up. Out of 60-80 or so S2000s I have handled, I can remember permanently bypassing the optics only 3 times. I have even corrected an intermittent door open error on a few 502/504 boards by soldering a new Varta on. While most work fine with the Varta removed it has made a difference on some. Darell, I didn't mean to get techy on your WTS post. You know how one thing leads to another.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 06:53:35 AM »
9 out of 10 machines people have brought me to fix, that they performed the optic bypass on had other issues. The optic bypass did not fix their problem, only compounded it by their lack of skills performing the task. IGT designed it to work that way and it does as designed. If you have bad optics, replace them. They are not that expensive and the risk of added wiring done by non-skilled people only complicates the troubleshooting for the rest of us. I had a machine come in today that the customer has been tracing down his errors. He has bought from many vendors here. I told him to bring the machine and all parts he bought and replaced in his repair attempt. He brought (4) door I/O cards, (2) Enhanced MPU, (2) Legacy cards, (1) VS chip, (1) DSLP001 chip (1) Motherboard.
He had swapped all these and still had issues. was told to do Optic bypass so he did. machine still not working
He screwed up the wiring on the bypass, The door I/O card was no good, The MPU had a bad reel 3 driver chip and his optics were good.
I replaced the green battery on his original MPU, put back his original I/O cards, un-did the optic bypass, and replaced the line display meter that caused the failure in the first place, and he is up and running again. Sometimes they resort to overkill.

Identify the problem before you re-design the machine !!

And to add to the level of experience , he added an external volume control to adjust the volume. He did not know you could set it in the menus. Bought it from one of the Ohio boys.

Coors if you are going to slam people in Ohio ... start naming names.

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
There are A lot of dealers in Ohio. Can't blame all.

Offline DoubleZero

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • DoubleZero New User has no influence.
  • WTB: S2000 I Dream of Jeannie short reel glass.
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 12:20:51 PM »
I'd like to nominate this conversation as NLG's most derailed thread of 2014.  :Crazy:
WTB: Upright S2000 Mummy reel glass (unfaded).

Offline slots4home

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 12:30:24 PM »
I will second the motion.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal