New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E/M 1075: 1st reel indexes immediately, without spinning  (Read 6293 times)

Offline Simon Barsinister

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.
  • NLG
So after swearing off working on other people's E/M's, I took in a non-working 3 reel 1075 wide body for repair.  He said,  "Handle won't pull, reels don't spin, been sitting idle for a year", you know the routine.  With the reel assy out of the machine and the reels removed from the mech, I did the necessary cleaning, lubing and trip shaft adjustments and am finally able to get a kick and a spin by actuating the air cylinder armature.  Reels #2 & #3 kick and index properly.  Reel #1 kicks and then IMMEDIATELY indexes, without spinning.  Now I know if you induce a reel spin while holding the clock fan that all reels should spin freely and none should index until you release the fan.  But in the case of this reel bundle, reel #1 still indexes immediately after the kick whether I am holding the fan or not.  I am perplexed about that.  Anyone have any ideas why?

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
Re: Bally E/M 1075: 1st reel indexes immediately, without spinning
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 09:15:13 AM »
Take the mech out and lie it down on the Dashpot switch side,(Right Side) so not to bend the larger switch banks on the left side. Move the linkage by hand and you will probably see that the first reel linkage is built up with old grease and sluggish. Scrape off what extra you can and then use either PB blaster to soften the rest. You can as a last resort use Mineral Spirits on a brush. That will really disolve the old grease and pretty much strip all of the lubrication off of it, but you will really have to get new and better grease into that linkage. I use Lubriplate and it has not let me down. A left over from my game and JB operator days back in the early 80's, a great lubrication when used sparingly. What it sounds like is the linkage would reset properly so whenthe handle is pulled, it doesnt lock in and just goes into stop mode. Since you have it out, and on its side, do this to all the linkage under it and it will help you in the future. You will at least know that this wont be an issue in the future. Any other issues, this is a great site with many an educated people that are willing to help out, cause they love the industry and like helping. So if you got help and feel good about it, considering joining the many here that donate to keep this site going. Small price to pay for mostly, expert and professional help.  :hail:
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Simon Barsinister

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.Simon Barsinister Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 10:29:27 AM »
Thanks Dave for the reply, and yes, great site, and already a contributor. 
All three trip arm/levers etc have been thoroughly cleaned and relubed.  All three have very fluid movement and no trouble kicking or indexing.  It is just that the first reel indexes IMMEDIATELY after the kick, it just pops right back to the index wheel.  And again, this happens whether or not I hold the fan blades on the clock mechanism from moving or not.  It is my understanding that all reels should remain in the 'cocked' position until I release the fan.  The 2nd and 3rd reels behave as expected, the 1st reel will index irregardless of holding the fan from spinning or not.  Hope that helps clarify, I can't see that being a lubrication issue because all parts are now moving fluidly. 

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 10:47:17 AM »
Check the latch paw that pivots on the small cross shaft. I have found them to frozen and gummed up, that you would think they where a press fit. You should be able to spin or rotate the small cross in your reel assembly. If you remove the rubber bumper located below the air cylinder. With that removed you can slide that shaft out and clean and re-lube the parts. Any thing that doesn't have a roll pin holding it fixed to the shaft needs to move freely.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 02:01:04 PM »
I have also seen an adjustment on the right side at the bottom that allow the mech to travel a little further before it releases. That is done with the trip release block on the right side at the bottom. Be careful not to jump the gun on the adjustment for the main rod with the spring. That has to be done carefully noteing the previous position in case it is not the fix so you can return it to its original setting.
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 01:45:15 AM »
You can remove the 3 reels, put the mech back in, and then watch what's going on in there.  Your first reel is probably not latching out like the other two are.  Could be worn, or the latch link is not latching in there like it should.  Sounds like maybe it needs more kick before tripping which you can often adjust with your L- stop bracket on the back right hand side of the reel mech.  Looks like an L.
Keep us posted...
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 10:47:09 AM »
Thanks OldReno for helping me with what that part is called. I at least got a good idea where to go.... just dont know the proper names of the thing-a-ma-jig
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 12:32:11 PM »
The parts and descriptions are all in your Free downloadable Bally EM manual.
Sometimes I'm too lazy to load it, so I use terms that are close.  My bad, sorry.
BUT, it is the best way for us to all be on the same page when we're talking about something.
If you can print it out, that's great, but my printer is touchy.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal