New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-Plus Reels turn slow  (Read 4128 times)

Offline wallbanger

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • wallbanger New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S-Plus Reels turn slow
« on: September 05, 2015, 10:09:24 AM »
Double Black Jack, 3cm,  Reels run slow & no sound.   Have tried clear & bv set with no change.  Do I need a new "ss" chip?  It is an ss 6476.  Should it be like a 4710 or 11?  And sound is no sound at all.  Dip switches have no effect. have tried different speaker.  It may have been on a cruise ship.  Buttons have French/English on them.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 136
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S-Plus Reels turn slow
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 10:12:39 AM »
The first thing to do when reels are turning slow if to open door and then turn reset key to right and then release.  This will usually stop reels, then close door and last play should complete.

Offline wallbanger

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 10:19:13 AM »
These problems didn't just start,  was this way when I got it

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 136
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »
Have tou tried to do what I suggested?

Offline wallbanger

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 10:31:42 AM »
Yep, no effect

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 04:03:23 PM »
Like Ron said, you should have opened the door while the reels were spinning slow and turned the jackpot key. We only advise a clear as a last recourse. I am surprised that the clear did nothing.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline wallbanger

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 07:42:21 AM »
The word "while" rather than "when" makes a difference when interpreting something, But still no effect.  The reels slowed even more for a sec then resumed to the normal slow spinning.  Doesn't seem to be like an error but more of a programmed thing.  The reels don't turn real slow, but like half speed.  I read somewhere something about being able to adjust the power to the reels in the programming, but can't find it again.  BTW dip switch #4 has no effect.  So what is step two?  Also no sound,  have tried another speaker and turned the volume wheel back & forth.  I have 4 s-plus slots and this one is the only one with a problem.  I have tried switching out boards too.

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 08:47:59 AM »
I would try the motherboard next since you have tried just about everything else and you have other machines to swap from.

Offline wallbanger

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 10:23:58 AM »
Thanks Darell, Swapped mother boards, cleared 61 code, no effect!!!! Reels still spin at half speed.  Board works fine in other machine.  What next???????

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 10:30:51 AM »
Power supply would be my next guess
You will probably find some coins under there
I might have missed it but did you try a different game and reel chips?

Offline wallbanger

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 01:12:48 PM »
Thanks Darell, you were right about coins in the power supply, tokens, but were not causing any problems.  Reel chip change, no effect.  Game chip change, plays normally.  From RWB.  Guess its a bad game chip.  Will order new one and follow up.

Quick follow up,  I program checked the chip numbers on the DBJ and its a 1309.(Tag missing)  Isn't that a tournament chip for a 16 MHz board? And the ss is a 6476, low payout.  The 1271 from the RWB worked just fine. So the Double Blackjack is a 10 MHz board and should be a 1271 chip, Right?

Well, as I thought, someone had a 16MHz game chip in it.  Bought new 1271 game chip & ss reel chip for better payout %.  WORKS GREAT!!!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:52:12 AM by wallbanger »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 12:22:49 AM »
Ah-ha, there's your issue.

SP1309 is a SP (or GAME) chip for a 16MHz board.  To answer your question, it's not exclusively a tournament SP chip, although it does support tournament games.  As you have found out, if you use a 16MHz SP chip in a 10MHz board (or vice versa), you'll get strange results with the reels.  For the record, the SS (REEL) chips used are the same whether you're using a 10MHz or 16MHz board

Based on what you've experienced and reported here, I'd say yes, both of your MPU boards are 10MHz boards.  You can be sure of that if the boards have small blue potentiometers -- little volume control dials -- on them.  You can see pictures of 10MHz and 16MHz boards in this FAQ post.  If you do indeed have 10MHz boards, you'll need to use 10MHz SP chips on them.  The full list of known SP chips can be found here.  If the SP chip in that list is not specifically noted to be 16MHz, it is a 10MHz chip.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline wallbanger

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 11:57:28 AM »
Just as I thought, someone stuck a 16MHz game chip in it.  Replaced the game chip to a 1271 and reel chip to a 4711 for a better payout %.  THE DOUBLE BLACKJACK IS WORKING GREAT!!!!!  THANKS GUYS

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal