New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally EM 5 line pay, quarter machine repair help please.  (Read 12454 times)

Offline chuck62

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • chuck62 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally EM 5 line pay, quarter machine repair help please.
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 12:04:25 PM »
Here is a picture of the line unit step up relay unit coils. The two on the bottom have green paper and the other one on top the paper is brown. Does that mean it is burned out?

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 12:13:17 PM »
The mechanics of the step up unit seem fine. When I step it up manually, nothing seems sticky or stiff and the action is good and the connections seem fine. Im going to post a picture of the line unit step up relay from my phone camera. The bottom 2 coils have green paper and the top one, the paper is brown, this could mean it has burned out? I dont own a meter that I can attach, I guess I will have to buy one. Thanks for the continued support! (picture to follow, if you can also resize again, thanks!)

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 12:16:05 PM »
Picture

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 12:28:10 PM »
The coil in your photo with the brown wrapper doesn't look burned out to me. A lot of times a coil will stay energized for a while when the game is being played and it gets warm, that is normal. That heat can turn the paper brownish. A burned coil will show more of a scorched look. The best way to test them is with a meter. You can get low cost ones at Harbor Freight, and I think Lowes or Home Depot has basic meters for just a few dollars.

Below is an example of a burned coil, they can even be more burned than this:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:06:40 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 12:38:24 PM »
check  switch on handle coil that drops out after  1st coin best bet is there  asset of points not making or dirty

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 12:46:25 PM »
check  switch on handle coil that drops out after  1st coin best bet is there  asset of points not making or dirty

Where am I looking for that coil?

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 12:48:52 PM »
on top of handle mech  right side of cabinet   pull out reel mech you'll see it there

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 12:49:42 PM »
Is there a way to delete or remove some of the pictures that are repeats, to make this forum easier to navigate?

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2015, 01:06:14 PM »
on top of handle mech  right side of cabinet   pull out reel mech you'll see it there

So, it looks like this coil activates a bar to drop which allows the arm lever to be pulled to activate a spin? But it sounds like you are saying there is another function for this coil as well? Is it supposed to relay a signal to the top unit to activate more lines or something? How can I test the funtionality, is there any way to check with the power plugged in?

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2015, 01:10:38 PM »
check those points that that bar moves

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 01:15:59 PM »
Im going to post 2 pictures. One with the bar in the up position, where the handle cannot be pulled and one in the down position when the handle can be pulled. It looks to me like all of the places that are supposed to touch each other are?

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 01:19:44 PM »
Pictures

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 01:23:11 PM »
Still can only do 1 pic per post

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 01:33:27 PM »
those are the points  you need to clean and set   your on right  track now chuck   the set that closes after 1st coin   is the ones to file and set so they are making good

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2015, 01:37:17 PM »
those are the points  you need to clean and set   your on right  track now chuck   the set that closes after 1st coin   is the ones to file and set so they are making good

Okay, so best way to file? With sand paper or what? Also, it looks like there is solid contact points but the best way to adjust them maybe tighter together for a sure contact without doing something bad?

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 01:40:39 PM »
no sand paper   but small metal file will work

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2015, 02:04:08 PM »
Is there a way to delete or remove some of the pictures that are repeats, to make this forum easier to navigate?

you should be able to click on the word "Modify" in the upper right-hand corner of your posts and edit it. Then just uncheck any photo attachments you want to remove, then click on SAVE at the bottom. That will remove the photo from the post. You can't actually delete the post but can edit it this way and can replace the text with a short message like the word "deleted" or similar. If the photos you want to remove are the ones I posted just let me know.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2015, 02:20:49 PM »

you should be able to click on the word "Modify" in the upper right-hand corner of your posts and edit it. Then just uncheck any photo attachments you want to remove, then click on SAVE at the bottom. That will remove the photo from the post. You can't actually delete the post but can edit it this way and can replace the text with a short message like the word "deleted" or similar. If the photos you want to remove are the ones I posted just let me know.

No, the ones you did are fine... I guess its not a big deal, now that we are on another page, its easy to skip over those old posts. Thanks!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2015, 02:25:41 PM »
No, the ones you did are fine... I guess its not a big deal, now that we are on another page, its easy to skip over those old posts. Thanks!

ok, just wanted to double-check. It looks like your reply #9 on the first page had the same photo attached twice, so you could delete one of them if you wanted to see how the editing process works and eliminate the duplicate photo.

here's your message I'm referring to:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=8030.msg42814#msg42814

Offline chuck62

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2015, 02:31:54 PM »
Some quick new info... I spoke with the woman who I got the machine from... they got it from a VFW hall and had it in their house until her husband died and she gave it to us. Her recollection is that the machine always played and paid 5 coins as far as she recalls. I am not sure how much it actually got used in the recent years but maybe it was something that happened when I transported it? Are there any suggestions as to more help if it cold be something that got jarred instead of simply a wear and tear issue? As far as I have seen so far, I cant find any wires that appear loose or any soldering that appears broken. But if I am looking in these directions, where should the focus be?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal