New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Double Diamond Dead  (Read 18114 times)

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • hornetgod13 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT Double Diamond Dead
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2015, 01:39:09 PM »
It is a "S" would that explain RS3438?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2015, 02:45:07 PM »
It is a "S" would that explain RS3438?

the info I read is that yes, the RS type eprom contains both the "SS" and the "SP" info and they are used on IGT S machines like yours. So on your mpu board there will only be the one game chip installed.  On an S+ mpu you would find both SS and SP eproms.

Pretty sure your machine is an S, your mpu doesn't have board edge connectors that plug into another board's (motherboard) connectors which is the way an S+ mpu gets connected. Your mpu has wiring cables attached to the mpu, this is the method used on S machines. Also your machine doesn't have a bill acceptor, which is typical of an S. Plus some of the experienced folks here have said earlier that they believe it is an S based on your photos. And finally, from what I've read the mpu boards that use an "RS" eprom were in "S" model machines from the factory. So it is an S, not an S+.

Also, I don't think you'd benefit from obtaining a SET chip, since it is only used to enable/disable the bill acceptor, which your machine does not have. I'm not sure if a CLEAR chip would be handy to have or not, they may not even be used on an S machine.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:37:16 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2015, 06:05:39 PM »
I found JJ Slots website. http://www.jjslots.com/IGT-S-slot-RS-Game-Reel-chip-rs.htm

So I need the RS3438 chip right? What if I want to up the hit frequency or payout?

RS3436 95.084 Double Diamond 3CM
RS3438 90.105 Double Diamond 3CM

Does the higher percentage mean pay out or slot machine retention?

If I replace the chip is there anything else required (memory reset or restore)?

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2015, 07:20:35 PM »
I can answer one of your questions. The percent is the amount the machine gives back over the life of the machine based on however many millions of spins. A 5% payback difference will be noticeable to the home user mostly in an increased number of smaller wins

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »
I found JJ Slots website. http://www.jjslots.com/IGT-S-slot-RS-Game-Reel-chip-rs.htm

So I need the RS3438 chip right? What if I want to up the hit frequency or payout?

RS3436 95.084 Double Diamond 3CM
RS3438 90.105 Double Diamond 3CM

Does the higher percentage mean pay out or slot machine retention?

If I replace the chip is there anything else required (memory reset or restore)?

Since you are going to replace the eprom anyway might as well order the one with higher percentage (RS3436), which is a higher slot payout to the player. That will make it more fun for whoever is playing since the wins will happen a little more often.

I don't think there is anything else you have to change when doing this, but someone will correct me if that's not right so stay tuned.

After you get the new eprom installed please let us know if that corrects the random error 62 you are getting, that will help future users.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2015, 07:37:56 PM »
Great info. Looks like I'll go ahead and order the RS3436 95.084%

Its only $15.99 plus shipping.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2015, 07:44:20 PM »

So you'll have about $100 bucks in this machine?  I think you did ok!   :cool_thumb_up:

PS> there is a dipswitch on your mpu, you might look into what options settings it gives you, there should be an IGT S manual online somewhere, or maybe someone here has a list showing the switch definitions. It might give you some choices that you prefer better over how it is set now.

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2015, 07:56:11 PM »
I already found a manual online. I've been studying it. Dip switch options are covered on page 4-11.

http://www.slotsdirect.com/igtmanual.pdf

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2015, 08:04:28 PM »
I already found a manual online. I've been studying it. Dip switch options are covered on page 4-11.

That's a nice manual. I snipped & attached the dipswitch settings chart to make it easier for others to see, for both the IGT S and the IGT S+ models.

cowboygames (or other NLG staff) - can we get this IGT S manual uploaded to the NLG library, I didn't see one in there when I checked earlier?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 08:42:02 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2015, 08:19:23 PM »
The S+ dip switch settings can be found on page 10-6.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2015, 08:25:33 PM »

That's a nice manual. I snipped & attached the dipswitch chart settings to make it easier for others to see.

cowboygames (or other NLG staff) - can we get this IGT S manual uploaded to the NLG library, I didn't see one in there when I checked earlier?

If you've got the file go ahead and upload it, as a contributing member you should have access

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2015, 08:36:02 PM »

That's a nice manual. I snipped & attached the dipswitch chart settings to make it easier for others to see.

If you've got the file go ahead and upload it, as a contributing member you should have access

Well, I don't see an "upload" button or choice anywhere, I can't see a way to do it when I visit the library. Admittedly I'm a little bummed and tired since Ark Razorbacks got their butt kicked tonight so maybe I am just missing how to do an upload. More likely I don't have full access.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2015, 08:45:03 PM »
Well, I don't see an "upload" button or choice anywhere, I can't see a way to do it when I visit the library.

If you want to send it to me, I'll get it uploaded to the file library.  I'll PM you my e-mail address.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »
Well, I don't see an "upload" button or choice anywhere, I can't see a way to do it when I visit the library.

If you want to send it to me, I'll get it uploaded to the file library.  I'll PM you my e-mail address.

ok, thanks!

PS> am I not seeing how to do an upload, or maybe I don't have that capability? either way is ok, but I think I'd prefer you saying I don't have the capability vs being too dumb to figure it out.  :garfield:

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2015, 11:06:33 PM »
PS> am I not seeing how to do an upload, or maybe I don't have that capability? either way is ok, but I think I'd prefer you saying I don't have the capability vs being too dumb to figure it out.  :garfield:

Actually, it looks like you figured it out, although due to the way the file system is setup it's not really clear where to upload stuff to, and you uploaded the manual to the Anchor Games > Wheel of Gold section.  Don't worry, you're not the first person to do that.  I did go ahead and move your upload to the IGT S Plus Manuals & Schematics category.  I also found that what you uploaded was already in there in a different category, in the IGT Member Docs & General Docs category:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=985
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2015, 11:45:43 PM »
When I did the upload I remember seeing the Anchor games name in the pulldown, I guess it is the default section shown when you get to that screen. So I clicked on it and selected IGT from the pulldown menu but maybe it didn't stay selected. I was looking for a way to put the manual into a section called IGT S games or a way to create a new section with that name. There were several IGT choices listed, most had the same name, didn't know why it was organized that way. And there were generic choices like "Manuals". Anyway when the uploaded finished I could see it in "MYFILES" area but not in the main library list, but I didn't look in the Anchor section.

Is the MYFILES section an area that shows you your uploads, and those uploads are also listed in the correct section, provided you selected the right section when doing the upload?

Jeepers - I thought CP/M and COBOL docs were hard to wade thru.   :odie:

Thanks for fixing it!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2015, 02:46:20 AM »
Is the MYFILES section an area that shows you your uploads, and those uploads are also listed in the correct section, provided you selected the right section when doing the upload?

Yes.  When I look at the "MYFILES" section as I'm logged in, I see the files that I've previously uploaded to the file library.

I don't think standard users are able to create new categories.  A moderator or administrator can.  If there's ever a new category that's needed, let me or another one of the staff members know, and we can add a new category.

When I have some free time I'm going to clean up the category and sub-category names so that it will be easier to find the right place to upload files to.  Right now there are several sub-categories simply called "manuals".  While they make sense in the index as sub-categories to a main category, they only get listed as "manuals" in the drop-down to select where to upload a file (with no indication as to their parent category), which is where the confusion starts.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2015, 08:24:03 AM »
That confirms what I was thinking about the categories in the dropdown menu.

Thanks for the explanation and for the work keeping things organized.

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2015, 10:07:58 PM »
I checked the fuses and they looked good. A lot of bulbs were removed but I have replacements. Should I just replace the fuses even though they look good?

Get a multi-meter.  It doesn't take anything fancy.  You can find one for $5-$10 that will work just fine.  Much better than guessing!. 

Offline hornetgod13

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2015, 08:31:01 PM »
I gutted all the old, unused wiring out of the machine and installed a new game chip. It's working perfectly now with no error codes. The new game chip has the highest payback available. I also installed an IMONEX coin accepter with the magnet removed so I can use the 1000 cherry tokens I just purchased. I prefer this type of accepter because it will take both quarters and tokens and has a great track record for both durability and hassle free operation.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal