New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E-1000 Error 7 on LED Display  (Read 4352 times)

Offline danatlvc

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Bally E-1000 Error 7 on LED Display
« on: December 11, 2015, 11:53:39 AM »
Howdy All, I just picked this up. It had sat stored for over 5 years. At 1st it accepted coins & the reels spinned only after freeing up & lubing the reel mechs, but the reel coils wouldn't lock up. I pulled the chips off the board & re seated them for a good contact & now I get a soild 7 on the LED display. I have several E-2000, but this is my 1st E1000 & I've never come across a solid 7 nor can I find in my manual?This did not happen until I reseated the chips & no pins are bent nor were  they installed backwards etc.. Also can you interchange the hoppers & boards on 1000 & 2000? Any help would be appreciated, as a solid 7 has me stumped
Thanks,
Dan
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:51:45 PM by danatlvc »

Offline dhellis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
Re: Bally E-1269 Error 7 on LED Display
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 12:12:06 PM »
Let me start with the question on the hopper board. You can interchange the boards however
if you are using the hopper board from an E2000, you need to move the wire in position 9
of the plug to position 8. An E1000 board used in an E2000 then move the wire from position 8
to Position 9.

It might just be easier to jumper pins 8 and 9 together because pin 9 is not used on the E1000
board and pin 8 is not used on the E2000 board.

Now for you 7 code.

Seeing that number in the 1st position is not normal but may be caused by a bad ram chip
or even a bad ram board. The E1000 ram board has edge connectors that will crack and can
be difficult to spot, they can also get corroded as well as damaged by a leaky battery. You
may want to try a simple wiggling of the board while the machine is on to see if the codes
in the window change, ideally you would want the familiar door open 50 000 error

The other thing to try and I have seen a lot of these, is to replace the 33mfd capacitor located
at C3 that sets next to the small relay.

Offline danatlvc

• danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.danatlvc Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 01:04:03 PM »
I also changed the battery when I reseated the chips, so I had to remove the RAM board to solder it in. The old battery had no leakage. RAM board has some connection repair as shown in pic here. If my RAM chip is bad which one is it? Is there any other caps that can replace the 33uf 25v, as I don't have any of those in stock?
Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:41:09 PM by danatlvc »

Offline dhellis

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 01:22:14 PM »
I would replace those connectors on the ram card

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=22-14-2184virtualkey53810000virtualkey538-22-14-2184

Don't pay attention to the photo, that is just a representative view, this is the 18 pin connector for that
board. You could also order some 33 mfd electrolytic capacitors if needed or if you have a 47mfd at 25 or
higher voltage that can also be used.

You can not really determine which ram chip might be bad unless you were to substitute each one.
If you have a working E2000 the chips are the same. If you have several machines or just the desire to
have a good ram tester then I would recommend this one from Neoloch sales

http://neoloch.com/products/Inquisitor.php

The SRAM tester and core module will allow you to test several different ram chips including the 5101
ram chips found in these Bally E-Series as well as a lot of the older Bally/Williams pinball machines.

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 02:27:58 PM »
I changed out the 5101 chips & one of them looks to have caused the 7 in the 1st LED. It's now a zero in the first LED nothing else. If I put that one 5101 back in the RAM board then the 7 comes back replacing the zero. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:42:02 PM by danatlvc »

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 02:43:26 PM »

Offline dhellis

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 03:32:16 PM »
the actual replacement edge connectors are on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bally-Slot-Machine-E-Series-E1000-EDGE-CONNECTOR-/350030112848?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Sure wish I had seen that before looking for the other connectors..

Offline dhellis

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 03:44:54 PM »
I changed out the 5101 chips & one of them looks to have caused the 7 & it's now a solid zero in the first LED nothing else. If I put that one 5101 back in then the 7 comes back replacing the zero. Any suggestions

At this point I would change the connectors of the ram board before I did anything else. Until you know
that the connections are good you are chasing ghosts. The seller of those connectors is very well regarded
and you can trust that they are the original parts.

If you just want to try something else then re-flow the solder on the MPU board for the pins that hold the ram card
and then using a stiff wire brush clean those pins.

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »
I'll order the connector & see what happens. Thanks for all your help

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 12:03:27 AM »
I would also replace the two RAM sockets. They tend to corrode and break off inside the plastic.

Something to do with being powered by direct DC.

The 22 pin sockets can be found at Jameco Electronics.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 12:28:57 AM »
This could be where the code seven comes from
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline danatlvc

• NLG
Re: Bally E-1000 Error 7 on LED Display
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 02:50:50 PM »
It was the edge connector on the RAM board as suggested. I just received it & solder it in & it solved the issue  :applause: I now have different issue with the 3rd reel not locking up that I'll start another post with here soon
Thanks all for your help  :hail:

Offline dhellis

Re: Bally E-1000 Error 7 on LED Display
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 03:01:06 PM »
It was the edge connector on the RAM board as suggested. I just received it & solder it in & it solved the issue  :applause: I now have different issue with the 3rd reel not locking up that I'll start another post with here soon
Thanks all for your help  :hail:

Thanks for the update, it helps others when the solution is found and posted. Glad that part of the
machine is working for you

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal