New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pro 5500 comparitor question  (Read 3596 times)

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Pro 5500 comparitor question
« on: December 31, 2015, 07:45:56 PM »
I have a Bally Pro5500 that has a CC16-C comparitor installed from the factory. It may need to be replaced but I'm having a problem locating another one or even finding any information about it. Does anyone know what the specifications are for a CC16-C? There is only the model and serial numbers printed on the comparitor itself and nothing indicating voltage or other info. I'm trying to find out if it is the same as and can be replaced by a CC16-D typical to other Bally machines of the same era.
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Pro 5500 comparitor question
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 08:11:08 PM »
If you can find out the Bally part number for the CC-16C in your machine(from a tag or other writing on the CC-16C somewhere, or from the manual for your machine) you may be able to track down the operating voltage from the list below which shows manufacturers p/n for various comparitors and compare the info for it to the other comparitor you are considering using. But this list is not very complete so it may not be any help. If you have the Bally manual for your machine it should give the Bally part number for the coin comparitor, and it may give a description of the coin comparitor that includes the voltage and other specs. You'd then be able to search for a coin comparitor by the Bally part number. There may be tags or stickers on the backside of your CC-16C.

If you suspect your CC-16C is bad can you not simply obtain another CC-16C instead of trying to substitute a different model? I wouldn't think the CC-16D is equivalent to the CC-16C, otherwise the coin comparitor company would have no need to make both of them. But I don't know that for certain.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:40:49 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mr-monoxide

• mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »
I have checked the comparitor and it has no other stickers or labels on it. I also looked at the manual I have (ProSeries operators instruction) and it makes no reference to which comparitor it may be. I would happily replace it with another CC16-C if I could ever find another but so far I've not been able to locate one. I've noticed other 5500s have CC16-D comparitors which is why I'm hoping they are the same.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 10:01:22 PM »
Does your manual show the wiring going to the CC-16C? If so maybe it has the signal name and voltage amount for the wires. You could compare that info to the other machine with the CC-16D to see if they are the same.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 11:32:09 PM »
No unfortunately the manual doesn't show anything to do with the wiring. It basically covers set up and operational procedures as well as basic testing and troubleshooting but that's about it.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 02:29:58 PM »
So after researching this issue in depth I find I'm even more confused than before. Every single reference I can find pertaining to the 5500 comparitor says it's supposed to be a CC16-D. Nothing I've read so far has even mentioned a CC16-C. This has got me thinking that the comparitor may have been replaced by a previous owner, I thought it was original to the machine but now I'm not so sure. In fact ive noticed that every part# label I can find is dated 1993 with the exception of the CC16-C, it is dated 1990. I'm hoping someone in the know can help me clear this up as I don't want to fry anything by installing the wrong comparitor..

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »
Have you read back thru the various 5500 threads in this forum to see if there is any reference to the coin comparitor by other owners that might mention the model of coin comparitor used in their machine? There is a search feature that should pull up those threads with the word "comparitor" or "comparator" in them.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 05:57:38 PM »
Yes, that's just where I've been looking. This site, the old site and anything my search engine might turn up. I haven't read them all of course but so far the cc16-D seems to be what most people say they have. I'll keep looking though...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 08:26:57 PM »
How do you know the CC-16C that's in there now was installed years ago at the Bally factory, especially if you've read that other machines like yours have the CC-16D? Couldn't someone before you got the machine have replaced the coin comparator with the wrong one?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 09:30:44 PM »
In my experience with CC-16's  , you can use a CC-16 D or C  , as long as the coil wires for the rake on the back are the proper color and the comparitor electrical connection fits your harness it will work. You need the GREY coil wires. CC-16's have multi voltage taps. I currently have CC-16's on my old E1000, E2000, V1000, V2000, S5500 bally machines.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 10:30:46 PM »

Appreciate the info Sunrise, hopefully that will help with his problem.

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 11:24:37 PM »
Couldn't someone before you got the machine have replaced the coin comparator with the wrong one?

As I mentioned in reply#5 that's exactly what I have begun to suspect happened.

In my experience with CC-16's  , you can use a CC-16 D or C  , as long as the coil wires for the rake on the back are the proper color and the comparitor electrical connection fits your harness it will work. You need the GREY coil wires. CC-16's have multi voltage taps. I currently have CC-16's on my old E1000, E2000, V1000, V2000, S5500 bally machines.

And with that information the issue is solved. The CC-16 C I have does indeed have the grey wires running to the coil and the connection to the harness is the same as well. So I should be able to replace it with a CC-16 D with no problems. Thank you very much for all the help clearing this up. Happy New Year!

Offline mr-monoxide

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 08:07:21 AM »
Confirmed. I removed the CC-16 C and installed a CC-16 D and it's working perfectly.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 11:25:23 AM »
That's great, glad it is working now. Still not sure why they'd make two different models of CC-16 if they are exactly the same. Maybe any difference between them is something that isn't a problem for your model of machine.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal