New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 3rd reel locks as soon as handle bottoms out.  (Read 7430 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 135
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
3rd reel locks as soon as handle bottoms out.
« on: January 04, 2016, 01:18:18 PM »
I have cleaned and lubed the entire reel mech.  When I coin up the handle can be pulled, the first 2 reels generally spin but the third reel locks up.  T removed the reels and operated handle, as soon as the handle hits the bottom of it's stroke the wiper moves forward which locks reel 3.  T wipers for 1 & 2 remain back for a few seconds before releasing and locking reels.
I've attached a few pics, please help if you can.
thanks
Bob
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:40:33 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: 3rd reel locks as soon as handle bottoms out.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 01:33:56 PM »
Will the Black cross shafts spin freely with your fingers?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 10:37:35 AM »
The 0ne black cross shaft spins with fingers.  I determined that if I pull handle slowly the third reel spins and stops as it should.

If I pull it a little to hard/fast the 3rd reel locks up, the other 2 spin and as they should.

I also noticed that the hopper pays on every win (never stops until I move 1 reel).

thanks
Bob

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 01:02:25 PM »
You need to adjust your handle kick on the reel mech.  It is adjusted either by the two nyliner lock nuts on the threaded rod shaft attached to your 2 half gears, or you can bend (or loosen and adjust) the "L' bracket for the release down in the far back right corner.  The best way is to download the free bally em manual and follow their directions.  I don't have it on my desktop right now, but experience says when the 3rd reeel doesn't kick, and locks in, you need a longer handle pull which can be accomplished by shortening the front nut of the two on the threaded rod. Or the L bracket.   Your 3rd reel isn't getting enough movement to latch itself out, like the 1st 2 do.  Longer kick should cure that.  we'll be here to help you through this.  Make sure you write down what you do, so you can re-do it if needed....
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
I adjusted the 2 nuts on the threaded rod, now all 3 reels spin and stop but the handle sticks in down position almost every time.  I adjusted nuts too where there is less thread sticking through the last nut (hope this makes sense). 

Also still have a run a way hopper on every payout. 

Thanks
Bob

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »
so I'm straight on what's going on if you look at the balleys manual page 100 you ajusted  part number 15 back or less stress were showing usually I have an issue with part number 11 causing it not to kick properly and it needs to be adjusted so if you put the rod nuts back to where they were in ajust part number 11 back just a hair it usually takes care of that on my machines

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 01:46:16 PM »
Yes, after adjusting the nuts on your threaded drive shaft, you may have to adjust your L-stop bracket (part 11).
I recall there were usually between 5 and 7 threads showing at the end of the shaft as a general guideline, and then the stop bracket adjusts to just about even with the back of the reel mech.  In other words the very back of the L stop should be about flush with the back of the reel mech if you feel it with your finger.
If you move the L-stop toward the back of the machine, the reels kick and handle trips sooner....
If you move it too much forward, the handle will lock up in the pulled position.  If your handle does lock on you, you can release it by reading the following link...
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?PHPSESSID=008367a983931768e682f279fbdd77f3&topic=19336.0

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 11:47:10 AM »
Thanks guys after a little trial and error I have the reels spinning and locking up and the handle releases too!!

Last problem is a runaway hopper, it continues to pay on a every payout.  Suggestions on where to start???

thanks
Bob

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 12:00:35 PM »
Good work.
On your runaway hopper, does the payboard step up at all during the runaway, or is it constantly resetting?  You can tell by pulling the hopper and noting where the payboard wiper fingers are.
If your Reel Mech 'B' switch is closed, it will cause runaway hopper on every payout.
Remove the reel tins and see if it still runs away.
Does it runaway during handle pull or reel spin.  Does it run away with top unit out?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 12:27:00 PM »
pretty sure the payboard is not stepping up, every time I've pulled the hopper the fingers are the reset position.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 03:24:29 PM »
If it runs away on every pay, and the payboard does not seem to move, then likely that your Reel Mech B switch is stuck closed.  It will reset the hopper every time the zero switch closes, thus machine can never finish payoff, because everytime it steps one step, the zero switch resets it and it has to start over.  Your B switch is horizontal, just above the clock and variator assembly on left side reel mech. It should be normally open, only closed briefly during handle pull.
Also, step your payboard up mechanically by hand to ensure it CAN step up.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 08:59:01 AM »
The payout wipers were not moving when I manually stepped it up.  I cleaned and lubricated it and it now works manually but not when in the machine.  When set reels for payout it sill runs until I manually advance wiper.  The B switch is normally open and does close when handle is pulled (I cleaned contacts).
thanks
Bob

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 11:04:25 AM »
Bob,   here is the short version,  when you get a winning combo the reels set up a series circuit through the three reel wiper pads and blades ,they pass this ground through to the pay lines, the pay lines in turn pass the ground onto the pay out relay(back of the hopper)  this relay will start the hopper motor, when the motor starts it will bring coins up to the payout switch roller (top of hopper at the knife)  this switch will now turn on the payout count up coil on the back side of the disc plate ( two coils there one is the count up coil, the other is the reset coil) , so if the count up coil is not stepping the wiper arm on the disc then for some reason the coin out switch is not pulsing that coil.

Hope this makes sense,

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 11:09:08 AM »
Jim, it does make sense, I know the coin out switch is working, I have even left hopper empty and operated it manually.  I guess I can check voltage to the count up coil.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 02:46:32 PM »
You can also use jumpers to test your coil.  You can test ALL your coils with just 2 simple jumpers.
I wish folks would read the old posts on using jumpers.... It makes life so much easier.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 08:41:44 PM »
Bob, I see you have a 809 machine, so your saying that with one coin in,  and a winning combo,. the wiper disc will not move off the reset position. but if you manually activate the coin out switch the wiper arms on the disc will count up and stop??
I pulled out the schematic for this machine, the winning combo energizes the payout relay on the back of the hopper,a set of contacts on that relay transfer a ground to the hopper pivot arm switches (coin out),when the coin switch makes contact by action of the coin hitting the roller, that pulsing ground is sent to the odds feature unit disc, with one coin bet the disc is reset and is sent to the payout unit count up coil.the set of contacts on the payout relay are brown wire on one contact and red/white on the other.the coin switches have a red/white wire on one contact and orange/white on the other,that signal goes through the jackpot lock up relay ,switch 1  and then switch 2 of the same relay, out of the relay switch as a red/black wire and into the odds disc,out of the odds disc as a red/green wire that wire goes to the payout unit step up coil., so your problem has to be with the payout relay switches or something in the feature unit. IMHO

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 12:37:16 PM »
Thanks to all that helped out on this one, it's working great now!!!

I pulled the top unit and cleaned the male contacts and now hopper pays as it should.

thanks again
Bob

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal