New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Yoeddy's BB1 to BB2 conversion project! (Photos!)  (Read 14507 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
Yoeddy's BB1 to BB2 conversion project! (Photos!)
« on: January 30, 2016, 05:45:06 PM »
Welcome!  This post will cover my attempt at converting my BB1 choptop to a BB2 with dual 22" widescreen monitors.  Wish me luck along the way and of course, any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.  Hopefully this journey will help others seeking to accomplish the same task.  I know there are a few guys out there that have accomplished this task, so hopefully the ride won't be too bumpy.

Here we go!

I already put in an NXT2 CPU, so the focus will be around the top cabinet and installation of the monitors.

Today I received the Kristel 22" non-touchscreen monitor.  As you'll see in the photos, there is one molex connector on the side of the monitor that appears to be for power.  I have a power brick on order, but I need some help trying to understand how everything will connect up.  Sounds like the power brick will end up as a custom solution because of the molex on the monitor.

I'm assuming the monitor signal will have to be connected VGA as the NXT2 MPU only has one DVI port for the main monitor, and one additional VGA port. 

There are also 2 brackets on the sides of the monitor.  Should those be removed?  (Yes, they were removed)

Speaking of the distribution panel in the topbox, do I need that cable plugged into it or can I get rid of it?  (Need to keep it or the machine will throw an error)

I also removed the choptop box.  4 large bolts and 3 small ones.  Lifts right off.  Easy.

I also received the plastic/chrome topbox cap that I'll use with the new large topbox that I have coming.  When I receive the new topbox, what do I need to remove from it before I install the monitor?  (Remove the chrome assembly on the front.)

Anyway, any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 06:37:14 PM by Yoeddy1 »

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Yoeddy's BB1 to BB2 conversion project! (Photos!)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 06:29:00 PM »
If you are going to power it with a brick, you will need to but off the end of he power brick and install the correct molex plug to go into the monitor, or if you are adventurous, you could open up the monitor and splice the power brick right into the cables that lead to that molex plug.  I would rather leave everything OEM and just install the plug into the power supply. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:58:04 AM by Yoeddy1 »
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 07:46:56 PM »
Jason I did all this conversion stuff about 6 years ago-When the prices were really high.  Had some more and all the parts two years ago and did not convert. I got out while the getting was good on these.  Can get old bb1 for 400 bucks now then convert. This will be another one of your "informative" threads here that will help others that are pinching pennies.  ALL these same questions have been asked,pics posted in the past etc.  Why can't you find them?. 

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 05:36:04 PM »
It is true everything regarding a conversion is fully documented here thanks to the trailblazers.    My conversion was 4 years ago at a cost of $5,000 -  now the machine is worth - well nothing - she couldn't be sold in a whore house with a fist full of hundred dollar bills.

LOL   :applause:   Am I upset - NOT AT ALL - I don't buy stuff for flipping purposes -  usually once I buy it I keep it - for better or worse - 

Anyway - this is not about me -  I quickly went through some old threads and found these -   Anything you need is all here and I look forward to pics of the completed project.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=9016.msg48211#msg48211

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=5576.msg32152#msg32152

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=2083.0

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 04:52:07 PM »
Got the top box today.  I need to get a couple of brackets, etc., and the next post will have the power and signal connections. 

At any rate, this is what it looks like with the monitor, top box, and top cap all put together.

Stay tuned!  ;)

Jason
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:00:01 AM by Yoeddy1 »

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 05:09:00 PM »
As Munch points out all this has been covered before so why are you posting this?  Are you that self centered that you have to document this drama? 
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 05:17:15 PM »
As Munch points out all this has been covered before so why are you posting this?  Are you that self centered that you have to document this drama?

Yep.

Jason

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 06:07:05 PM »
Looks good!  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline T

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 07:50:41 PM »
it's coming along. I have great respect for people that take on this type of project that are not pros at it. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing the end results. BTY: You are gonna have fun with some of these GREAT BB2 games. My latest favorite is "Dean Martins Vegas Shindig" ... Who got the action - Who take a chance on love? Love that song in the Bonus Round. Good luck with it all  :yes:

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 02:33:28 AM »
Couldn't let the topper go to waste, so I had to get it up and running tonight.  One important point to note is that the WMS toppers are fairly heavy.  If you go the route of cutting up the factory metal chrome top, you'll still have the strength and support that it provides to the roof of the top box.  For those that have the plastic chrome top, by removing the original metal chrome top, you may have noticed that the top of the box is a bit flimsy and that it bows a bit due to weight of the topper.  This makes the chrome plastic cap not fit very well.

To work around this problem, I made a support to provide strength and reinforcement to the top box, thus allowing the chrome plastic cap to fit correctly when using a topper and to eliminate the bowing issue. 

I'll snap a picture of it, but here she is with the topper.  Hopefully, I can get the top box wired up tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 12:37:01 PM »
Jason this is coming along I see! Keep posting pics and what you have done to your conversion. I love to see the "drama" you're going through! You're excited and want to post your progress. That what this site is all about right?
-------
Charles

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 05:26:42 PM »
Ok, for the most part, the top is done!  As i mentioned in the previous post, I installed a support post to provide additional support for the weight of the topper.  Also in front of the support, I installed a couple of wire loops on the existing posts that hold the Bose speaker system.  These work great to prevent the monitor from sliding back.  On the inside of the plastic chrome cap I installed a strip of 3/4 inch foam tape which prevents the top of the monitor from moving back.  Overall, the monitor is in there nice and snug.

Connected the VGA cable and wired up the power brick (pics to follow) and it worked great!  Just had to press the "auto-adjust" button on the monitor, and it centered up perfect!

Next up...the main monitor!

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 06:29:59 PM »
Getting there. Glad alls going smooth.   :cool_thumb_up:   Only thing you should do now.., PLAY AIRPLANE!! That's one of the best WMS games ever made!!!!!! Damnit!

Offline T

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 06:46:16 PM »
Airplane is a great game so is King Of Africa & Queen Of The Wild. Both for sale on EBay.

Getting there. Glad alls going smooth.   :cool_thumb_up:   Only thing you should do now.., PLAY AIRPLANE!! That's one of the best WMS games ever made!!!!!! Damnit!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
Belly cherry switch in BB1???
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 10:08:02 PM »
So apparently, I need to move my main cherry switch to the belly as part of the 19" to 22" monitor conversion.  I have a cherry switch laying in the belly door, but where is one supposed to mount?  Does anybody have a picture where a belly door cherry switch is supposed to mount in a BB1?

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:49:18 PM by Yoeddy1 »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Belly cherry switch in BB1???
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »
I didn't install my switch in a fixed position.  I just have it "hanging" on top of the diagnostic switch.  I changed the switch to one of those switches that you can pull on the switch to have it close, then I just actuate the switch as needed for setup and play.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
Re: Belly cherry switch in BB1???
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 10:48:53 PM »
I didn't install my switch in a fixed position.  I just have it "hanging" on top of the diagnostic switch.  I changed the switch to one of those switches that you can pull on the switch to have it close, then I just actuate the switch as needed for setup and play.

Thanks Rick.  Yeah, I've been taking to Charles and Matt about this.  I'll remove the door and switch bracket, and just leave the main plunger pulled out all the time, simulating that the door is closed.  When I need to get in the menus, I'll open the door and push the switch back in to indicate that the door is open.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 05:54:08 PM »
Ok guys...the first snag.

So the 22" Kristel touchscreen made it today.  I installed it onto the door, but for some reason, it's not turning on.  No fans, lights, nothing.

Also there are 4 metal tabs running up each side of the monitor/door frame.  I kept the top left and right tabs for an idea concerning a bezel, but just remove the other 3 on each side.  Use pliers and they bend right off.  See photo.

Here's what I've done so far:

I have a power brick connected to the molex power port on the monitor.  There is a second one powering the upper monitor.  It's working fine.  Same monitor...non-touch screen.  I also swapped power bricks to see if there was a problem with a power brick.  Both bricks power the upper monitor fine...neither power the main monitor.

I also checked the fuse and dropped in the fuse from my Kristel 19" inch.

I plugged the 19" monitor back into the system and it works.  However, in the picture, you can see that I'm holding a molex with a cluster of wires.  This plugs into the 19", but the 22" has no such port.  The 22" also has an RS-232 port...no idea what this is.  The 19" does not have an RS-232 port.

So I'm dead in the water and not sure what to do.  I need to get power and figure out how to get the touch screen working on this one.  Is there a modified touchscreen cable?  Where does it go?

Thanks for any help guys.

Jason

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 06:14:13 PM by Yoeddy1 »

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 06:14:30 PM »
Ok, stop the presses!!  I got the power issue figured out.  See photo...luckily I had a few more of these show up at my house! 

So everything is powering up fine.  But as you can see in my other photo, the error that I get is related to the touchscreen.  How can I get the touchscreen going?  We're almost to the finish line!  This and some sort of bezel...not sure how to tackle that one yet.

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 10:32:45 PM by Yoeddy1 »

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 06:17:45 PM »
It looks like you need a touch screen cable.
Ill bet Rick can help you out....

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal